100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Angry Team 1200 shake up

Guess Glenn Kulka finally pee'd someone off enough to fire him. His partner on "Over the Edge" will have to go it alone or team up with some of Ottawa's lesser lights to fill the void... like the "stat man", what's his name, the guy who knows every inconsequential stat known to man. As long as Jim Jerome is on TGOR in the Mornings then Kulka was NOT the worst sports guy on the Team. Hope they come to their senses and anyone who liked the Kulkster writes to CHUM to ask them "what were you thinking?"

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I can honestly say from my experience he's a nice guy, but his knowledge of sports beyond CFL football is quite limited. Lee's a good host and he's smart, we used to get in a lot of great debates. But let's be honest, that time slot is just filler. Beyond the morning show and the drive home, there's not much to team 1200. I haven't listened in ages, Sirius for me.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I don't know the man personally but I can say that I didn't appreciate him as a radio host. If a caller disagreed with him he was quick to make a belittling comment and hang up on him.

I also didn't appreciate how his pushed his own opinions on the Landsdown Live project and shut down anyone who had a differing opinion.

The Team 1200 will be better off IMO

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I don't know Glenn either; and he may be a nice guy, but in all honestly he stunk it up as a host. His use of the English language was aweful, his takes (beyond CFL) were spotty and his disdian for people who did not agree with him did not help him much either.

I wish him the best. And I hope that if he plans on staying in the sportscasting business, he will take some courses or something to improve his limited skill.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    well I never like to hear about anyone getting fired, I have to agree with Reza, he acted like a bully on the show, especially if you disagreed with him. To be honest, I couldn't stand listening to him.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Thank goodness. Kulka was nothing more than an inarticulate bully on the radio. Don't know what he's been going through in his personal life of late, and certainly I am happy to show understanding and sympathy for whatever his current situation is, but this guy had no talent for broadcasting what so ever.

I emailed Kulka's show once about a year ago and he emailed me back basically telling me to do something to myself that was physically impossible... good riddance.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Thank goodness. Kulka was nothing more than an inarticulate bully on the radio. Don't know what he's been going through in his personal life of late, and certainly I am happy to show understanding and sympathy for whatever his current situation is, but this guy had no talent for broadcasting what so ever.

I emailed Kulka's show once about a year ago and he emailed me back basically telling me to do something to myself that was physically impossible... good riddance.
    Yoga my friend, it's the key..........

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

"Personality"

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Don't know what he's been going through in his personal life of late,
    He had missed shows earlier this week following the death of his father in Edmonton. (Ottawa Citizen, Nov 27, 2009)

Unfortunately, no time is a good time to get laid off... inarticulate - yes, but that was part of his "personality" no doubt due, in part, to his numerous head injuries from his pro sports days. He is a strong voice for Landsdowne Live and for the CFL returning to Ottawa, based on that I will forgive him a lot. Afraid all that is left is the bland (his co-host Lee What's-his-name) or the obscene (TGOR)... thank goodness for their interesting guests!

It sure looks like I am defending him (just think he should not be the first to go) but he was interesting, at least to me. If offending people, shouting, being rude and cutting people off when they voice contrary or weak positions, then why have people like Lowell Greene and his kind succeeded in Canadian Radio for a generation or more? There are hosts like him across Canada.

Lowell Greene is at least able to string two words together without using 'most definitely'.

Sorry to hear of the passing of Kulka's father.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Yoga my friend, it's the key..........
    Ah yes, well done!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thread Information