100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

I want to try this...

"A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Sound theory. Get an old 8 or 9 iron and have the loft changed a couple degrees to increase effective bounce. The results will be pretty much the same.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Sound theory. Get an old 8 or 9 iron and have the loft changed a couple degrees to increase effective bounce. The results will be pretty much the same.

Similar, but not the same. If you take a good look at the training it, the leading edge is nowhere near the bottom of the ball as it is with normal irons at address. I don't think you could bend an 8 or 9 iron enough to mimic that, without it breaking first.
    From reading some of the testimonials, most hit low skulls with their first couple of swings until they really start to learn to get the hands ahead of the ball with some forward shaft lean. I'll have to keep me eyes open for some used ones to hit the market.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Now that is a training tool that should bring tears of joy to BC Mist's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Similar, but not the same. If you take a good look at the training it, the leading edge is nowhere near the bottom of the ball as it is with normal irons at address. I don't think you could bend an 8 or 9 iron enough to mimic that, without it breaking first.
    From reading some of the testimonials, most hit low skulls with their first couple of swings until they really start to learn to get the hands ahead of the ball with some forward shaft lean. I'll have to keep me eyes open for some used ones to hit the market.
    Its your dough. I would say it is the same. Put a sw with 12 degree bounce in line with your left foot. You'll see that the leading edge is clearly off the ground and if you are to get the ball airborne from that position you'll have to keep your hands ahead of the ball through impact. Just for fun's sake I just bent a hogan5 iron 5 degrees weaker and still had some play. In doing so I just increased the bounce by 5 degrees.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Its your dough. I would say it is the same. Put a sw with 12 degree bounce in line with your left foot. You'll see that the leading edge is clearly off the ground and if you are to get the ball airborne from that position you'll have to keep your hands ahead of the ball through impact. Just for fun's sake I just bent a hogan5 iron 5 degrees weaker and still had some play. In doing so I just increased the bounce by 5 degrees.

I understand what you're saying, and I believe it would be similar. But I don't play my irons off or inline of my front foot.

I understand what you're saying, and I believe it would be similar. But I don't play my irons off or inline of my front foot.
    It would still force you to pratice what he's preaching. If I can find an old 8 forged iron I will bend it to and give it to you. There is more way than that club to practice what he is showing.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I'm wanting to try that too...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    They have one at Tee-To-Green. I was in there last week and picked it up.

It would still force you to pratice what he's preaching. If I can find an old 8 forged iron I will bend it to and give it to you. There is more way than that club to practice what he is showing.
    I'll give it a try. Something like this would be a good aid in the spring when your swing is a little rusty. Seems like it would get you on track pretty quick.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Word of warning. There's a lot of bounce on that sucker, I would be really wary of hitting that thing off a mat. A hand or wrist injury could end your golf season in a hurry.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Now that is a training tool that should bring tears of joy to BC Mist's eyes.
    No tears, Mike, but a smile for sure.

Being a Paul Bertholy advocate, one of his exercise programmes involves creating an action the same as this training club will do, an action that is essential to achieving superior ball striking. There are other, cheaper ways of ensuring the hands are ahead of the ball at impact, but this training club, if used correctly, could definitely help.

Golfers who take long shallow divots with their irons, already have an impact point AHEAD of the ball, would not really benefit from this club.

The turf better be soft or the Fiberbuilt mat, new, otherwise I can see some sore hands developing.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    No tears, Mike, but a smile for sure.

Being a Paul Bertholy advocate, one of his exercise programmes involves creating an action the same as this training club will do, an action that is essential to achieving superior ball striking. There are other, cheaper ways of ensuring the hands are ahead of the ball at impact, but this training club, if used correctly, could definitely help.

Golfers who take long shallow divots with their irons, already have an impact point AHEAD of the ball, would not really benefit from this club.

The turf better be soft or the Fiberbuilt mat, new, otherwise I can see some sore hands developing.
    Sore hands or sore elbows for sure... I've always been a 'picker' so I'm thinking this would help...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Sore hands or sore elbows for sure... I've always been a 'picker' so I'm thinking this would help...
    If you taped 2 strips of thick double sided tape to the sole of 1 of your existing club wouldn't that accomplish the same thing?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Maybe, but I feel the need to recognize the marketing power of the Tour Striker!!!!!!!!!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thread Information