CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie mgedit is on a distinguished road mgedit's Avatar

Bag Boy HCX Travel Bag

Anyone used one of these? Opinions? Other options that might be better? Have a hard shell plastic one that works well, but it takes up lots of room when you get off plane. Are these HCX acceptable by all airlines?

Cheers, Mike

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgedit View Post
    Anyone used one of these? Opinions? Other options that might be better? Have a hard shell plastic one that works well, but it takes up lots of room when you get off plane. Are these HCX acceptable by all airlines?

Cheers, Mike
    I have one, and structurally it's sound, nice compact size, and the wheels are great, and fits better in a vehicle. Definitely less bulky than the alternative. There are a couple of minor drawbacks that, with some ingenuity, I was able to overcome fairly easily.

Firstly, the "lock" that comes with it went right in to the trash. I use a nylon zip-tie in its place. If you go that route make sure that a) you take nail clippers, or something else to cut it off when you get there, b) bring replacements for the trip home.

Secondly, I'm not a big fan of the velcro tabs on the clip straps, not that they won't hold, I've just never been a fan of velcro anything. Some red "airline tape" around that seam adds some nice extra stability.

Thirdly, I pack the side pannier pouches in my luggage and put them back on when I get where I'm going.

It may not be the height of fashion on the course, but it definitely has the edge in function, IMO. I've lugged around plenty of SKB cases in my travels, and they can be a pain along with the rest of your luggage, especially if you're renting a car where trunk space is limited.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thanks for the input. You summed up what I was thinking as well. Any issues checking it in with the airlines? Cheers, Mike

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgedit View Post
    Thanks for the input. You summed up what I was thinking as well. Any issues checking it in with the airlines? Cheers, Mike
    Nope, no issues as long as it's under 50 lbs. They'll make you drop it at the over-size baggage counter though.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thanks again ... I'll start looking for a deal/sale as I need two of them.

Thread Information