CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Wow, all that and you still can't beat us in the playoffs.

Touche!!! (now if I only knew how to put that little accent on the "e", then we'd be in business)
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Touché!!! (now if I only knew how to put that little accent on the "e", then we'd be in business)
    Done.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Done.
    Nice, that is now copied to my clipboard for all future rebuttals in the Sens/Leafs playoff discussions.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Without intending to suggest that I agree that the Leafs fans have no class, if you want to see class in action have a look at the Habs 100th Anniversary Celebration which was celebrated last night before Montreal's game against Boston. It was a beautifully done. So many memories and so many greats.

The entire celebration is available in HD on the CBC's web site: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/ID=1350522808
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Wow, all that and you still can't beat us in the playoffs.
    Tell ya what, you guys MAKE the play-offs and then we will see.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Tell ya what, you guys MAKE the play-offs and then we will see.......
    Scotty, I'm sure I've told this to you before, and I'm pretty sure only because I know you are such an emotional guy. Granted, I'd have to call myself a Sens fan, but until we beat the Leafs in a playoff series, if they make the playoffs or not, they can always hold that over us.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Scotty, I'm sure I've told this to you before, and I'm pretty sure only because I know you are such an emotional guy. Granted, I'd have to call myself a Sens fan, but until we beat the Leafs in a playoff series, if they make the playoffs or not, they can always hold that over us.
    Fair enough, but they are intentionally missing the play-offs in order to avoid the ass whipping that the Sens will put on them.

What other explanation could there possibly be for their ineptitude

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    us
    Didn't realized you played for the Leafs!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Without intending to suggest that I agree that the Leafs fans have no class, if you want to see class in action have a look at the Habs 100th Anniversary Celebration which was celebrated last night before Montreal's game against Boston. It was a beautifully done. So many memories and so many greats.

The entire celebration is available in HD on the CBC's web site: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/ID=1350522808
    Growing up in a house where my dad was a devout Habs fan, I saw my share of Montreal Saturday nights. That pre-game skate was one of the most incredible moments I've ever seen. I figured something was up when the old equipment manager was dumping the pucks on the ice, then the building applause when the "goalie" took the ice, and the explosion when they realized it was Roy! It sent chills down my spine.

Oddly enough, my favourite game of all time doesn't even involve the Leafs. It was the 3-3 tie between the Habs and the Soviet Red Army on New Years Eve 1975. That was hockey in its purest form. The skill of the Russians against probably the best club team in all of sport at the time, Danny Gallivan behind the Mike, the appreciation of the fans for both teams at the end of the game. Still riveting after almost 35 years.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    That's what happens when you're a part of the nation. We may not all be able, but we we're all willing. Waiting for that tap on the shoulder from the coach...

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Ahaha....reminds me of a brilliant sketch by the fantastic comedic duo, Mitchell & Webb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

This is a must watch for any sports fan.

In fact, so is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c&NR=1
    Last edited by jonf; 12-05-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added another astoundingly hilarious link

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Oddly enough, my favourite game of all time doesn't even involve the Leafs. It was the 3-3 tie between the Habs and the Soviet Red Army on New Years Eve 1975. That was hockey in its purest form. The skill of the Russians against probably the best club team in all of sport at the time, Danny Gallivan behind the Mike, the appreciation of the fans for both teams at the end of the game. Still riveting after almost 35 years.

It was a memorable game for sure
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post

Darn it, the link didn't work - and the CBC site doesn't seem to have this video in archive, at least I couldn't find it...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Ahaha....reminds me of a brilliant sketch by the fantastic comedic duo, Mitchell & Webb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

This is a must watch for any sports fan.

In fact, so is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c&NR=1
    Those are awesome! I LOL'd, heartily!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    It's the right link, but somehow CBC has ensured that the only way to engage it is by clicking on it on their site. In the Search box (upper right) in the Sports section enter the words "Canadiens celebration" and you will be presented with a link to the celebration. There's a short ad and then you'll be presented with the program itself. If the program stalls half-way through, log off and restart the program. Don't worry, you won't have to go through all that you've already seen. You drag the appropriate controller to the point where you left off. Good luck.

Darn it, the link didn't work - and the CBC site doesn't seem to have this video in archive, at least I couldn't find it...
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Bouche
    Bruins put US back in the real world this weekend.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    This link works fine for the habs video.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC.../ID=1350522808

Thread Information