CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie Weirfan is on a distinguished road

Question about getting to Sens game

Hey folks, will be up in lovely Ottawa this weekend as for my daughters hockey tournament.

heading to the Sens game saturday night and have heard that the commute in and out of Scotiabank place is very congested and time consuming?

does anyone have advice on how to best get in and out , where to park , what time to arrive etc?

we are staying downtown

thanks

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Traffic isn't that bad, yes, you're not doing 100km/h out of the parking lot but its also not 3 hours. Just don't be one of the ones that flies out of your seat to head straight to the car. Take your time leaving and you'll be fine.

An alternative, especially if you are arriving in town early is to talk to one of the area restaurants. Most have bus service for $5 / person and that makes it very easy to come and go, and gives a little bit of atmosphere at the same time. If you're downtown, I believe Don Cherry's has a bus service. If you'd prefer to drive a bit, you can drive to any one of a number of restaurants in Kanata that offers a similar service.

Hope you enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jterpstr View Post
    Traffic isn't that bad, yes, you're not doing 100km/h out of the parking lot but its also not 3 hours. Just don't be one of the ones that flies out of your seat to head straight to the car. Take your time leaving and you'll be fine.

An alternative, especially if you are arriving in town early is to talk to one of the area restaurants. Most have bus service for $5 / person and that makes it very easy to come and go, and gives a little bit of atmosphere at the same time. If you're downtown, I believe Don Cherry's has a bus service. If you'd prefer to drive a bit, you can drive to any one of a number of restaurants in Kanata that offers a similar service.

Hope you enjoy the game.
    Thanks for the fast reply...we did not hear 3 hrs but somebody said 2?

bus would be a good idea but we have fifteen 9 and 10 year old hockey girls and parents going so I thnk we will do vans.

the tourney is at Sensplex too but we have an early game sat so dont wat to hang around Kanata all afternoon waiting for the game.

what about getting there....how much before the game should one plan to leave in order to get to the game 1/2 hr early?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Where are you coming from?

Saturdays aren't that bad since there is no rush hour traffic
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Sorry just read your post again

it's about a half hour from downtown with no traffic

on sat figure 1.5 hours to be safe, you may be able to do it in an hour but why be stressed

That will include getting there, getting parked, getting in, getting a beer and getting to you seat

you can always watch the warmup, etc

getting out takes about an hour from the time you get in your car till you get to the hotel
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Sorry just read your post again

it's about a half hour from downtown with no traffic

on sat figure 1.5 hours to be safe, you may be able to do it in an hour but why be stressed

That will include getting there, getting parked, getting in, getting a beer and getting to you seat

you can always watch the warmup, etc

getting out takes about an hour from the time you get in your car till you get to the hotel

thanks a bunch !!

that sounds alot better than I was told

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Being from Toronto you will find the traffic a breeze... I would leave downtown about at about 5:00 and would have lots of time to get there. In by 6:00... time to watch the warm-up especially if some of these kids are going to their first NHL game.

Tell the girls to go down by the bench during warm-up... they will love watching the warm-up from up close. Ottawa is really good to let fans come and sit in the first row during warm-up. If you go by the visiting team bench there is also less people.

For those not interested in warm ups Marshy's has a nice restaurant where you can enjoy a quick meal and a few beers...

I usually go in by Terry Fox Road (South) and then right on Palladium Dr.

Enjoy the game...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    And for a quick get away, just park near an exit instead of the first open spot you see. I usually aprk on the right hand side and head to the back and find a spot I can pull out of so I can go straight out and onto the road, will save you 15 minutes or so.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Sand Wedge overpar is on a distinguished road
    i work right beside scotiabank place and get off around 11 and when games are on i have no problem with traffic at all even if it goes to shoot out. whether it's on the street in front of my building or the highway heading downtown.
    Life's a game, Golf is serious!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirfan View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply...we did not hear 3 hrs but somebody said 2?

bus would be a good idea but we have fifteen 9 and 10 year old hockey girls and parents going so I thnk we will do vans.

the tourney is at Sensplex too but we have an early game sat so dont wat to hang around Kanata all afternoon waiting for the game.

what about getting there....how much before the game should one plan to leave in order to get to the game 1/2 hr early?
    OK, if by getting there you mean the Sensplex, you'll be able to get there from downtown in 30 min give or take on a weekend. The Sensplex is actually within walking distance from Scotiabank Place so you can use that as a guide.

As other's have said, I'd show up early and take in the full warm-up. And Marshy's is no more, it is know Bert's Bar. - Enjoy your trip and good luck to your daughter in the tourney

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Good idea about showing up early and taking in the pre-game warm-up. The girls will enjoy it. Another spot to eat is in the 400 level before the game where there is a sandwich bar (need reservations though) and also the Senate Club buffet on the lower level of the Scotriabank Place but it may be a bit pricey for kids.

Good luck at the tournament, it is one of the best in Ontario (I have attended over 40 girls' tournaments over the last 11 years with my daughter and as a coach and I'll be at this one also).

Thread Information