100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - PS3

Is anyone playing this on the PS3?

I'd love to get some Spec Ops action going as I'm already tired of having my butt handed to me online by 12 year olds.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Just picked this up. I really liked the first one so hoping that this one is just as good. So far I like it. The snow mobile part was pretty cool, but I hate that brazil mission! Pretty stupid and unrealistic that you would be in that much of a hot spot with no support! Hoping to try the online thing. Is online fighting against other people like a Halo thing or do you do the missions online with others?

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Just picked this up. I really liked the first one so hoping that this one is just as good. So far I like it. The snow mobile part was pretty cool, but I hate that brazil mission! Pretty stupid and unrealistic that you would be in that much of a hot spot with no support! Hoping to try the online thing. Is online fighting against other people like a Halo thing or do you do the missions online with others?
    There are two online modes. Spec Ops is cooperative play through various missions then you also have the traditional online multi-player modes like Halo etc.

bbad
    anytime you want to play...I'm in...

KEWL Game!!!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    There are two online modes. Spec Ops is cooperative play through various missions then you also have the traditional online multi-player modes like Halo etc.
    Halo3 offers 4 player co-op on line, just because its the greatest game of all time.
    Andrew

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Just had my ass handed to me! Online is def pretty cool. The game itself is a big let down from the first one. Only took about 9 hours to beat it and most of the mission you have to run your way through. I like the first one where you could fight and clear the all of the bad guys.

Agreed that the single player portion is short, but the Spec Ops and on-line components make it worth while for sure.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Agreed that the single player portion is short, but the Spec Ops and on-line components make it worth while for sure.
    I wonder if this will become a trend in an attempt to aid in dimming the Piracy monkey on the backs of the game developers. Look at MS, and the claims that millions have been (or will be banned) from Xbox Live. If you combine that with games that require you to go online and play with others to get the full experiance from the game, then it would definitely look like its orchestrated that way.

Anyone here get the Prestige Edition? I saw a few left in Bestbuy the other day and I really had to fight the urge to get it just for the NVG's...
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

bbad
    no just the regular version. I have to say that the on-line version (spec ops is really good) is spectacular. I do wish you could do more than just 2 players for the spec ops together.

Also, some of those spec ops are just downright difficult to get done (even on regular mode). Veteran..I don't care who you are, you will DIE - usually within seconds!!!

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Halo3 offers 4 player co-op on line, just because its the greatest game of all time.
    You know I am going to have to agree with you on this one!!

Thread Information