100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Although I am not eligible, I only got in 127 rounds this year. We had so much rain in S. Ont that April and May were almost wiped out. October wasn't much better.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Good on you Marc---how many did the good woman get in ?? I only managed 60 this year--must be the age. But look on the bright side-only 61 days until I tee off in Hilton Head.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    The wife has got about 150 or so. i have sneaked out a few more times when she wasnt loooking.LOL Played 160 as of saturday and still looking to get out a few more times.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    The wife has got about 150 or so. i have sneaked out a few more times when she wasnt loooking.LOL Played 160 as of saturday and still looking to get out a few more times.
    Wish my wife would golf. If she did, I'd easily double my total (38 full, 11 half rounds) but still half what you guys do. Congratulations!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I am going to show this thread to my wife. I only played 62 rounds! That ought to make it easier for me to get out more next year!!!
    She played 40.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    It does make it easier to play so much when your spouse is just as passionate(crazy) as you are. Being a member at a club also brings the cost down when you play a lot.
    Playing as a couple is the best thing that ever happened to us and I strongly encourage my friends here to go out and find other couples to play with.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    May - September, I think i played every day. 80 full rounds and 80 9-hole rounds, so gimme 120 full rounds total.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    So it looks like it will probably be Marcos (160) and IronMaiden (85) again this year. We'll give it some more time to see if anyone claims a higher count ...
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Got a game in at the Gatineau Monday so 161 games and counting.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Well done Marc!!!! I would have given you a good run but my love of officiating kept me from putting an extra 51 days of golf on top of the 124 that I actually played.

Pitching Wedge Bone is on a distinguished road Bone's Avatar
    100 18-hole rounds and 12 9-hole rounds totaling 106 (between end of April and end of Oct) while working a full time 8-5 job.....total rounds played by my then-pregnant wife bearing our first child: zero.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Ah if only I was a OG member in 2007 when I hit 233 rounds. I was new to golf, a member at Hammond with no kids, a wife in med school and working shifts. I was often playing 3 rounds a day in the rain, crazy hot weather and whatever else mother nature would throw at me. Went from shooting 125 to 85 that summer.

This year I got out 104 times, not back with a 1 year old, daughter, working monday to friday and also owning a boat and camper!

Im gunning for you next year Marco!!!

LOL
    Last edited by sebber; 11-30-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Im going for you next year Marco!!!

LOL[/QUOTE]
    I certainly hope so.LOL.

Sand Wedge pjm is on a distinguished road
    hey Marcos - congratulations on reaching yr goal of 200 rounds of golf in 2011...enjoyed our game at Gatineau last Monday... and the experience tells me your golf is not just abt quantity, but quality too... you hit a number of impressive shots that day.. not so many good putts tho - lol..... PJ

Quote Originally Posted by pjm View Post
    hey Marcos - congratulations on reaching yr goal of 200 rounds of golf in 2011...enjoyed our game at Gatineau last Monday... and the experience tells me your golf is not just abt quantity, but quality too... you hit a number of impressive shots that day.. not so many good putts tho - lol..... PJ
    Thanks Paul,my wife and I really enjoyed meating you. You hit some pretty good shots to and I,m sure we would have done much better with good greens.Unfortunatly did not reach 200 games but quite happy with 161.
    Looking for ward to next year.

Sand Wedge pjm is on a distinguished road
    Marc; well I wondered abt that 200 rounds number... I thought you said 160 something when we played but then when I looked on the forum I saw the no. 200 .. would that have been from last year's postings ?

Quote Originally Posted by pjm View Post
    Marc; well I wondered abt that 200 rounds number... I thought you said 160 something when we played but then when I looked on the forum I saw the no. 200 .. would that have been from last year's postings ?
    Actually Paul, that was two years ago when I was much younger.lol

Well, its a wrap !!!!! I gave it a good run and was hoping to get a few more games in but the weatherman does not want to cooperate. Into storage they go.

Last call for challengers to the Pig and Pigette awards!

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    I tee'd it up with Marcos first round of the year at Calabogie, Ruskie, BigDog a few others were there. I always thought I played more rounds than anyone, until I met marcos and his wife......It should be renamed the Marcos award.......

I played way more than 100 but not more than 150 I would guess.

I wish you all as many and even more games than we play. Its a great way to spend your retirement.Thank you to all the good people we have met and be-friended this season and look forward to next year.

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I was there opening day at Calabogie as well and now that I got stomped out of contention for this award I'll be sure to try harder next year.
    Merry Christmas OG
    Even I've never heard of me

Okey Dokey - It's official and again it's Marcos and Iron Maiden! OINK

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Congratulations to both Marcos and Iron Maiden.

Thread Information