+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge kordic is on a distinguished road

Ordering Online from US Golf retailers

Anyone recommend any online golf equipment retailers? Edwin Watts, TGW, etc? How were your experiences with customer service, shipping, hidden charges, etc.?

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kordic
    Anyone recommend any online golf equipment retailers? Edwin Watts, TGW, etc? How were your experiences with customer service, shipping, hidden charges, etc.?
    In general, the Exchange, shipping costs and Customs will offset any savings. You can estimate 1.8 times the posted US dollar costs as a ruel of thumb. I use it only for material not available in Canada.

Edwin Watts provides great service and will take back defective equipment without questions. GWS is a big box level service outfit. Avoid UPS shipping, their customs broekerage fees are a ripp-off. Ask for US Postal Service shipping instead. Tis will save you some 20-25$ per shipment.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by kordic
    Buy from ebay. You really have to get a great deal to save any money. Ship USPS. if it's only UPS or FedEx. Caculate an extra 30-40 dollars into the price for brokerage fees.

Pitching Wedge LHSteve is on a distinguished road LHSteve's Avatar
    I have purchased many items from US Retailers through ebay and have always been pleased with the results. Savings have been tremendous even after shipping, duty and taxes are factored in. In some cases I have saved over 50%. When thinking of buying I will typically go to a range and try out different clubs, identify what I want and then go to ebay and can find it there. You can also look for clubs on ebay.ca which is for Canadian sellers only and avoid the duty and taxes.

I highly recommend it.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    Whenever I order something from the states, whether it be from someone on ebay or a retail store, if you tell them that it is a gift and they write that on the shipping label there is no duty or brokerage fee. I did that for my putter and golf bag, no problems what so ever!

Thread Information