CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Redwood is on a distinguished road

Help choosing shaft for I-mix FTiQ

Guys,

I'm after some advice on choosing an I-mix shaft for a recently bought FTiQ. Problem is, I've not been able to hit it yet as I'm away from home on business in Greece.

Anyway, I currently play a Yonex VMX 10.5 with reg shaft. Ball flight is way too high, so I need to be able to keep the flight down. I bought the FTiQ 10 degree, and it came with the Fujikura ZCOM reg shaft. I have some options I am looking at which are:

Fubuki (Tour version) Regular
    ZCOM Pro 65 Stiff
    Aldila VN 65 Stiff

Will the Fubuki launch lower than the ZCOM in the club at the moment? I like the idea of the Fubuki but don't want to buy it unless it gives me what I need.

I don't have a fast SS (not had it measure though) and quite a smooth tempo. As i mentioned, I hit the Yonex way, way too high. Probably carry it around 225-230 with very little roll out, so need something with a lower flight to get more roll, and keep the ball lower in the wind over winter.

Any help appreciated

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I am not sure how much of a help this will be, but I will post it and you can take it for what it's worth. I currently play the FT-9 with a Fubuki shaft in it and I love the shaft. I use to hit the ball extremely high as well and I find this shaft provides me with a much better ball flight. I previously played an Aldila Proto By You in a Nike SQ and I find the ball flight very similar...a mid-height ball flight that just bores through the wind. Ideal for length and roll, which I have never had previously.

I personally like the Fubuki shaft, I find it very similar to the Proto shaft.

Thread Information