CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Handicapping system says front, middle, and back for Meadows. I played from the white. Is that considered front?

Thnx.
    White would be "middle" however handicapping season ended on Oct 31 so rounds in this region played after that date should not be entered.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    White would be "middle" however handicapping season ended on Oct 31 so rounds in this region played after that date should not be entered.
    oh lord. no wonder my handicap is 23, half my scores are from the wrong tee box. i thought something was wrong when i scored in the 80's and my 22.3 handicap went UP instead of down.

is the reason we don't enter handicap this time of year because it would affect our scores negatively or positively?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The season was a short one for me , house moves and work cost me big with my golf time
    However the game did come around , i felt alot more comfortable with my swing , and played pretty consistant for most of my rounds .
    The achilles heal this year was my putter and par 3's , which i did tighten up on both areas at the end of the season .
    Its gonna be a long winter as i feel unfulfilled with the amount of golf i barely manged to play ... boo freekin hoo
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    Best golf season ever..... posted 96 scores - 87 of them full 18 hole rounds. That is a record for me. Best of all, my season started in April at St.Andrews - the Home of Golf, and ended in October.... again, at the Home of Golf. I played 21 rounds in Scotland this year - truly an amazing experience. Of these, 5 were at the Old Course, and one at Carnoustie.
    My cap remained in the 5-6 range the whole year, which is OK, my fairways hit increased, as did my GIR (although I have a lot more work to do in this area). My putting was very good, and it helped me alot - especially my lag putting in St.Andrews.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    The season was a short one for me , house moves and work cost me big with my golf time
    However the game did come around , i felt alot more comfortable with my swing , and played pretty consistant for most of my rounds .
    The achilles heal this year was my putter and par 3's , which i did tighten up on both areas at the end of the season .
    Its gonna be a long winter as i feel unfulfilled with the amount of golf i barely manged to play ... boo freekin hoo
    Welcome to Findlay Creek. There are a few OGers in the community...

... and the golf season isn't over yet!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Welcome to Findlay Creek. There are a few OGers in the community...

... and the golf season isn't over yet!
    Thanks , and i appreciate your optimism , i'd really like to get out at least one more time .
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Pitching Wedge Sacs is on a distinguished road Sacs's Avatar
    Played 54 rounds brought my average Handicap down by 4 to 17 ... played my best game ever at 83 ... played a PGAtour golf course once ...and all with a screwed up neck full of osteoarthritis

... and now for next year ... Competing more ...but well actually thinking seriously of playing from the Seniors Tee so I can enjoy the game just that much more ... What age does one have to be to play from the Seniors Tee ...mind you only if my ego lets me ....

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I played roughly 50 rounds (including combined 9's) on the books for the year, but you can inflate that by a bit when you consider the number of times I played Greensmere's Gold 9. Season was cut short by a nagging hand injury (sprained thumb + tendonitis) at the end of September. (I haven't golfed in a month and a half )

Handicap index dropped from a 27 at the start of the season to 18 in August, floated back up to 19 in September. Won "C" flight in my first ever club championships with back to back 84's, the best rounds of my golfing career.

I made vast improvements in my ball striking and swing consistency without lessons (due to lack of funds), but struggled with various parts of my short game all year. It was my first year belonging to a club (Greensmere) and it will certainly not be my last. I'm already looking forward to spring when I can start working on my game again.

Next year, I forsee lots of lessons, especially regarding the short game and approaching the green. Will try to get handicap as low as I can. I'd like to hit single-digit handicap next year if I could, but 18 strokes over 2 years is probably a little too ambitious, especially if I'm employed this coming summer. I'd settle for low double-digits (sub 13 HCP).
    Wannabe Golf

Thread Information