+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

THe Found Ball Thread

Came across a Pro V1x at Manderley the other day that a couple gave away at their wedding, their names were stamped on it with a wedding bow. I figured I wanted to be friends with a guy that hands out Pro V1's for a special occasion. LOL

Got me thinking that it would be cool to have a thread where we can post what unique balls or balls from far way we've found on the courses around here.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I found a ProV1 a few years ago that had Tiger stamped on the side, like it came from the factory that way. Not sure if you can buy them like that but I thought it was cool.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

You keep it? Or gave it back to the golf gods?

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Must be a slow day I just finished sorting mine out Found one that said " I'm Lost"
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hahahhaha, that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    You keep it? Or gave it back to the golf gods?
    Nope, I gave it to my dad for his golf ball collection.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    I found one last summer that had the phrase, "replace your divot you dumb s$%t" written on one whole side (three lines one on top of each other). Also, this summer I found a lot of Pro Vs that have "practice" stamped on them. Somebody told me that these are used at pro tournaments on the range then resold. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    I found one last summer that had the phrase, "replace your divot you dumb s$%t" written on one whole side (three lines one on top of each other). Also, this summer I found a lot of Pro Vs that have "practice" stamped on them. Somebody told me that these are used at pro tournaments on the range then resold. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not.
    I always wanted to write "If found, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx", or "If found please return to the pro shop" on the ball just to see if someone actually would.

I looked up what a ProV practice ball was a few months ago because I had heard the same thing about being used on the range, and wondered how many balls the pros could actually go through to be able to sell them retail after.

This is off Titleists site:

1. Pro V1 Practice golf balls are conforming products that differ only due to a cosmetic blemish such as paint, ink or registration of stamping. Pro V1 Practice golf balls do not have any construction or performance deficiencies.

2. Pro V1 X-Out golf balls are also conforming products. However, they usually have a cosmetic blemish and/or occasionally have a minor physical defect that should not significantly affect its performance. More often than not, the physical condition causing the ball to be stamped as an X-Out is so minute that it is not recognizable by the player.

Both products may be used in the casual round of golf including those with scores posted for handicaps, and most competitions, with the possible exception of high level competitions invoking the Local Rule requiring balls to be on the List of Conforming Golf Balls.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jterpstr View Post
    I always wanted to write "If found, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx", or "If found please return to the pro shop" on the ball just to see if someone actually would.

I looked up what a ProV practice ball was a few months ago because I had heard the same thing about being used on the range, and wondered how many balls the pros could actually go through to be able to sell them retail after.

This is off Titleists site:

1. Pro V1 Practice golf balls are conforming products that differ only due to a cosmetic blemish such as paint, ink or registration of stamping. Pro V1 Practice golf balls do not have any construction or performance deficiencies.

2. Pro V1 X-Out golf balls are also conforming products. However, they usually have a cosmetic blemish and/or occasionally have a minor physical defect that should not significantly affect its performance. More often than not, the physical condition causing the ball to be stamped as an X-Out is so minute that it is not recognizable by the player.

Both products may be used in the casual round of golf including those with scores posted for handicaps, and most competitions, with the possible exception of high level competitions invoking the Local Rule requiring balls to be on the List of Conforming Golf Balls.
    Interesting. Thanks for aswering that for me. I knew about the x-out, but didn't make the connection that the "practice" ones were basically the same thing.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    This is an interesting post since I've had several dozen Titleist NXT Tour balls labelled with:
    IF FOUND
    COLLECT PRIZE
    1800DUFFERS

I've had staff ask me if the number is valid.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I called-----no answer !
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Also, this summer I found a lot of Pro Vs that have "practice" stamped on them. Somebody told me that these are used at pro tournaments on the range then resold. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not.
    I got a bunch of these when I volunteered @ the Canadian Open ... I worked after hours and they told us we could fill our pockets when we were driving past the range @ the end of the day. Not a bad deal
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    The resort I worked at in Hot Springs, Virginia had those for the short game area of their Training Academy.

Needless to say, I didn't buy many balls that summer.

Thread Information