CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

winter golf lessons/ranges

Anybody taking lessons/range memberships during the winter? Any recommendations?

-OAC: $550 ish
    -Kevin Haime's at the Bell Sensplex: $550 ish
    -Marc Lacombe at Golftown: $ ?
    -Danielle Nadon: $ ?
    -Warren Grant; Superdome at Ben Franklin Park: $350 ish

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Anybody taking lessons/range memberships during the winter? Any recommendations?

Have already purchased a pass for the SuperDome at Ben Franklin Park and am looking forward to perfecting my faults.

It was my understanding that Kevin's indoor golf at the Sensplex was NOT going to be available this year, but instead, his driving range would be heated and opened for most of the winter. Anyone confirm the former?

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    Sensplex definitely not running this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Have already purchased a pass for the SuperDome at Ben Franklin Park and am looking forward to perfecting my faults.

It was my understanding that Kevin's indoor golf at the Sensplex was NOT going to be available this year, but instead, his driving range would be heated and opened for most of the winter. Anyone confirm the former?
    i will probably be joining you because i live a few minutes away from Superdome.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Warren Grant at the SuperDome is an excellent teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Warren Grant at the SuperDome is an excellent teacher.
    I keep hearing that he's the Mr. Miyagi of golf. I'll be his Daniel-san.

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    I don't see any info for Warren Grant on the Superdone site.

So Haime's Sensplex is a no go this year? Just the outdoor heated range? How warm will that really be?

i will probably be joining you because i live a few minutes away from Superdome.
    Not to cause you to panic but those of us who had 2008 memberships got first crack at the limited number of 2009 ones. I paid mine in July, for example. Perhaps you should inquire to ensure that some will still be available by December 1, their opening day. I'm sure that there will be.

Not to cause you to panic but those of us who had 2008 memberships got first crack at the limited number of 2009 ones. I paid mine in July, for example. Perhaps you should inquire to ensure that some will still be available by December 1, their opening day. I'm sure that there will be.
    i'm dumb. i paid yesterday but today i realize that they are not open on weekends; just monday to friday 8am-4pm. i called them today to see if they could give me a refund. the only time i could go to Superdome would be on alternate Fridays. so 8 times from Dec to March. I'm better off doing a pay-as-you-go. i'll spend $80 versus $370

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    I was considering joining the Dome this year but I realized the hours are not very open.

8-4pm M-F..unless you have no young kids, don't work or work of government (even government hours is 7:30-3:30), it's virtually impossible to find the time to hit enough to warrant even 370$ fee.

I can't imagine they fill up the membership at the SuperDome...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    I don't see any info for Warren Grant on the Superdone site.
    Here it is:

http://www.warrenstotalgolf.com/Winter%20Practice.html

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    My ears might deceive me, but I just heard on Haime's show that the Haime range is to be open this winter! They're installing heaters... not sure if I'd want to hit balls on days of -30 C, but on those days when it's warmer than -10 C, with no wind, I can see it happening.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    I was considering joining the Dome this year but I realized the hours are not very open.

8-4pm M-F..unless you have no young kids, don't work or work of government (even government hours is 7:30-3:30), it's virtually impossible to find the time to hit enough to warrant even 370$ fee.

I can't imagine they fill up the membership at the SuperDome...
    They usually sell out their memberships. Been there a few times during lunch hour and most of the patrons look in the retired age bracket. When I was a member at OAC winter golf school, i was able to go in every Wednesday morning and I was the only one there without grey hair. It was like a social club for seniors...hit some balls, talk about pensions, annuities, RRSP, interest rates, Florida, etc.

5 Iron semperfi45 is on a distinguished road semperfi45's Avatar
    I understand that even if you have a membership you can only stay for a hour per day.

i'm dumb. i paid yesterday but today i realize that they are not open on weekends; just monday to friday 8am-4pm. i called them today to see if they could give me a refund. the only time i could go to Superdome would be on alternate Fridays. so 8 times from Dec to March. I'm better off doing a pay-as-you-go. i'll spend $80 versus $370
    Semper fi,
    [URL="http://www.swingsyncgolf.ca"]www.swingsyncgolf.ca[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi45 View Post
    I understand that even if you have a membership you can only stay for a hour per day.
    yep.

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They usually sell out their memberships. Been there a few times during lunch hour and most of the patrons look in the retired age bracket. When I was a member at OAC winter golf school, i was able to go in every Wednesday morning and I was the only one there without grey hair. It was like a social club for seniors...hit some balls, talk about pensions, annuities, RRSP, interest rates, Florida, etc.
    When I started learning golf I went to the OAC to learn the basics. It was great to go on there in the morning any day of the week and just hit balls or even late at night like 9:00pm. Definitely looking into it this year to help fine tune some things. I definitely like the video anaylsis feature and the consistent coaching from the pros!!

Smile

Good answer. A little wordy though.

yep.
    Semper fi,

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi45 View Post
    IF it is busy, then the max for a member is 1 hour, which makes sense as most who hit balls there pay the hourly rate and their goal is to make a few bucks to offset expenses. However, if you choose your times wisely, then there are times when it is quiet and hitting past the hour is quite possibly. But then in hitting past the hour, is one really practicing or just beating balls?

The dome in Blackburn Hamlet is not nearly as busy as the one in the west end, and the one-hour limit is rarely enforced there.

IF it is busy, then the max for a member is 1 hour, which makes sense as most who hit balls there pay the hourly rate and their goal is to make a few bucks to offset expenses. However, if you choose your times wisely, then there are times when it is quiet and hitting past the hour is quite possibly. But then in hitting past the hour, is one really practicing or just beating balls?
    good point. i dont hit more than a large bucket of balls because of this.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTheRough View Post
    When I started learning golf I went to the OAC to learn the basics. It was great to go on there in the morning any day of the week and just hit balls or even late at night like 9:00pm. Definitely looking into it this year to help fine tune some things. I definitely like the video anaylsis feature and the consistent coaching from the pros!!
    I agree, OAC was great. I was there before the change in management. Great place to practice all facets of game from putting to driving. If it was closer to home, I would consider it again.

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar

I'm pretty happy with Daneille Nadon/T-to-Green. It's in the $400 range and is open 6 days a week (9 to 9 during the week, 9 to 4 on wkends, I think). There is a CPGA pro there at all times and full video analysis (as often as you want, when it's not busy). Also a very social atmosphere, as the members get to know each other. Sometimes, if you can get Danielle telling stories about her experiences, not many balls get hit! All in all, a pleasant way to spend the winter and improve your game while you're at it.

Kevin Haime not at the SensPlex this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm pretty happy with Daneille Nadon/T-to-Green. It's in the $400 range and is open 6 days a week (9 to 9 during the week, 9 to 4 on wkends, I think). There is a CPGA pro there at all times and full video analysis (as often as you want, when it's not busy). Also a very social atmosphere, as the members get to know each other. Sometimes, if you can get Danielle telling stories about her experiences, not many balls get hit! All in all, a pleasant way to spend the winter and improve your game while you're at it.
    Semper fi,

3 Wood maximus is on a distinguished road maximus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    +1 I'll be signing up again this season.

I've pasted the prices below. You can check the website for hours, etc.

http://www.t-to-green.ca/Memberships.html

Early Bird Rates¹
    For memberships purchased on or before November 30, 2009
    Individual $425
    Couple $750
    Senior (60+) $390
    Senior couple $710
    Junior $325
    Club Storage $40

Regular Rates¹
    For memberships purchased on or after December 1, 2009
    Individual $499
    Couple $885
    Senior (60+) $460
    Senior couple $835
    Junior $385
    Club Storage $40

A person who hits one ball after another is referred to as a, a racker, or racking the balls.

Semper fi,

Thread Information