CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

3Balls.com?? Anyone tried them?

Hi All
    I ordered and received these clubs from 3balls.com: CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 2004
    IRONS 4-10 IRONS (NO W) Graphite Firm shafts.
    The quality was supposed to be GOOD, but they are in horrible condition.
    The Big Bertha heads are all scratched and beat up and worn, the shafts are
    worn, and the grips are total crap and need replacing.
    The clubs look like hell, the grips are old and dirty. There is no way these clubs are in GOOD condition! I am very unhappy. I bought these for my son for Christmas, and I am very disappointed with the quality.
    I got free shipping, so they cost me $164.50 US, with taxes, came to a total of $206 Canadian. I have emailed Support at 3balls.com and they are willing to refund my money 100%, but I have to pay shipping and insurance back to Massachusetts. I really don't feel like paying out anything more.
    Has anyone else bought clubs from 3balls.com???
    JB
    ps. I have bought a few items on the forums here and I am very pleased with quality of clubs and quality of people I have dealt with.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    I recently bought a club from them and it was in excellent condition.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I have done business with them and I was very happy.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Bought several things from them and it was always better than described
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Have bought lots from 3Balls.com.
    Remember when buying "good stuff" as per their definition:

Shows frequent to heavy use but does not show any signs of abuse. Cosmetic blemishes are clearly visible and may include: pop-up marks, heavy scuffing and scratching, paint chipping, heavy finish wear, shaft burn and pitting, natural dings/nicking/gouges, etc. Ideal for those who are less concerned with cosmetics and are looking for great value and performance!
    So make sure you look at their details & grading comparison. Your not going to get that great of quality from their 'Good" grading.

3balls.com

True about the grading of "good" quality.
    My biggest beef is that the grips are dirty and the cavities have dry mud in them and the 7 iron had rust on the toe. Hard to understand considering they rave about their 16 point inspection and cleaning process.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    My mp-32's were advertised as "like new" and were in fact, brand new. I didn't call to complain.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    True about the grading of "good" quality.
    My biggest beef is that the grips are dirty and the cavities have dry mud in them and the 7 iron had rust on the toe. Hard to understand considering they rave about their 16 point inspection and cleaning process.
    ok, so you can clean the clubs, regrip them (if they were well used my expectations on the grips would be pretty low anyways) and take a little steel wool perhaps to the rust. Or you can spend $30 or so to send them back and chalk one up for experience. Buying anything in the net is taking a chance, unless it is new. I've had a few instances were things weren't as advertised (not from 3balls) and unfortunately it's part of the process in doing business on the internet. Be thankful they will take them back. For $164 for a set of irons, my expectations generally wouldn't be very high.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Driver north52step is on a distinguished road

3 Balls experience

I just bought a set of irons for my wife, Callaways, X12 so not new, but they were rated VG, and were that, however the grips were not matching, I called them, and they agreed to refund my cost of regripping, I am in Myrtle Beach now, and just today got the set regripped, assuming they will pay, I am pleased. But guys always as others say beware of the internet, there aint too many deals. Seems like the best deals in town are right in your back yard.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    I have bought a few things from 3balls.com and typically it is as described or better. I can recall only once that I wasnt completely satisfied. An email fixed the whole thing. They are very easy to deal with and want their customers happy, a couple emails and some pictures was all it took to make me a happy customer.

If your that dissatisfied, just drop them a line, they may surprise you.

Well, my son is happy, I gave him the new irons and he is very excited to get Big Berthas. We are playing tomorrow, so much for the waiting until December 25, Christmas came early this year. He is happy with the quality of the irons and that's all that matters.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    I have bought several clubs from them and they are very reputable. Highly recommended.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

3balls.com Update

3blls.com Support is trying to find me a set of grips to send me to replace the grips on the clubs.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have bought many things from them and they are usually always in better shape than described. They do a lot of business and somethings may fall between the cracks. I have never had a probablem and would highly reccomend them.

7 Wood speeler_kda is on a distinguished road

3balls.com

I'm a 3balls regular and agree with everything said about them. IMO, their ratings are very conservative... Having said that, I can see how the description of "good" condition can be misleading.

My beef with them is that they ship to Canada via Fed Ex, who ads a hidden $10 ROD fee which is an extra charge to customers with no acct#. Total gouge and not mentioned by 3balls on their site.

Kevin

ROD Charge

Thank you, I was wondering what the hell ROD Charge was.
    I also find there ratings conservative at best.

Quote Originally Posted by speeler_kda View Post
    I'm a 3balls regular and agree with everything said about them. IMO, their ratings are very conservative... Having said that, I can see how the description of "good" condition can be misleading.

My beef with them is that they ship to Canada via Fed Ex, who ads a hidden $10 ROD fee which is an extra charge to customers with no acct#. Total gouge and not mentioned by 3balls on their site.

Kevin

When checking out they offer you the option to have it shipped USPS. I just ordered a club and that's what I did. Fedex is faster but USPS comes to my door and there are no extra fees.
    Mahatma Gandhi

7 Wood speeler_kda is on a distinguished road
    Hey Chief, thanks for the heads up.

Last week they emailed a link to checkout via channel advisor and I never got to choose between FedEx and USPS...

Next time I'll try the checkout option directly from the 3balls web page.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    When checking out they offer you the option to have it shipped USPS. I just ordered a club and that's what I did. Fedex is faster but USPS comes to my door and there are no extra fees.

No problem.

http://www.3balls.com/misc/shippop.html

Shipping Internationally?

You will be offered a choice of economical shipping methods for your order during checkout.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I've always had the option to use USPS before but on my last order(a few weeks back) I didn't get the option.

Quote Originally Posted by speeler_kda View Post
    Hey Chief, thanks for the heads up.

Last week they emailed a link to checkout via channel advisor and I never got to choose between FedEx and USPS...

Next time I'll try the checkout option directly from the 3balls web page.

I just went on there and here is what I got:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=customer_account-display-table_title height=29 vAlign=top>Select Shipping Method:</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="99%" align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=left><TD id=shipping_methods vAlign=top><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!-- validate_ship_method_form = true; function validate_shipping_method_form( my_form ) { var error_message = ""; var shipping_method_set = false; for( i=0; i<my_form.shipping_method.length; i++) { if( my_form.shipping_method[i].checked ) { shipping_method_set = true; break; } } if( !shipping_method_set ) { error_message = error_message + " Shipping Method\n"; } return error_message; }--></SCRIPT><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#00cc66 height=29 vAlign=top>Please Note:
    Orders Received Mon-Fri Before 2:00PM Ship The Same Day.
    All shipping times represent "Business Days" (mon-fri).
    For example an order with "Next Day Air" that ships on Friday will arrive on Monday.
    </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD class=customer_account-display-table_title-white vAlign=top width="100%" align=right>
    Shopping Cart Total Before Shipping: $119.95
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#cccccc cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=customer_account-display-table_header width="70%">Select Method </TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_header width="15%" align=right>Shipping Charge </TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_header width="15%" align=right>Order Total</TD></TR><TR><TD class=customer_account-display-table_cell><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="5%" align=left><INPUT value=124 CHECKED type=radio name=shipping_method> </TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_cell width="95%">FedEx International Priority Canada
    Delivery in 1-2 business days (barring customs delays). Trackable and fully insured. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_cell align=right>$29.95 </TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_header-white align=right>$149.90 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=customer_account-display-table_cell><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="5%" align=left><INPUT value=100 type=radio name=shipping_method> </TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_cell width="95%">USPS Priority Mail International Canada
    Typical delivery in 1-3 weeks. Reliable but not time definite. Limited tracking, fully insured. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_cell align=right>$23.00 </TD><TD class=customer_account-display-table_header-white align=right>$142.95 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Mahatma Gandhi

Cool must of been a glitch the day I checked out or I was having a glitch.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Its a funny commentary on marketing lingo when "good" is actually the worst category to describe an items condition.

Would you like the maximum, ultimate or the supreme car wash today sir?
    Andrew

Another 3balls.com Update

I just called 3balls.com Support, they apologized profusely 3 times about the mud on the grips, the mud on the cavities and quality of the grips. They are sending out 8 new house brand grips in the mail today.
    My son loves the clubs, we played Sunday at Manderley. We won't be sending them back. Turns out the clubs were played with by a PGA Pro in the States and that's why they are so scuffed. 3balls.com Support is much better when you call them, their email responses are not wonderful. Anyways, I am a happier 3balls.com customer and I will be even happier when the grips show up. I will be sure and use USPS for shipping if I order anything in the future.
    Last edited by Break68; 10-27-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

3Balls only ships clubs FedEx now:

I don't think I would be ordering from them anymore.
    I will just order from callawaypreowned.com

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I would order from them anytime. I have always found that they have been very good, and usually the product is at my door within 2 days with Fedex and the bokerage fees are included in the shipping price, which is another bonus. I find the shipping rates better with Fedex than UPS. I have only ordered stuff that was in 'Like New' condition, which always seemed to be to be in New condition. I would never have a problem recommending 3 Balls golf to anyone. As you stated, you seemed to get very good customer service with them afterwards (they apologized many times), they are sending you free replacement grips, which I don't think you would get from callaway pre owned. Things do slip through sometimes, but they followed it up with an apology and free replacement grips.

BackNine29
    purchased a number of items from them. my experience is excellent.

Thread Information