CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duval is back

3 Wood Evil Chris is on a distinguished road Evil Chris's Avatar

Duval is back

Even though his game is way off what it used to be, it was nice to see him play the first two days of the Open.

I hope he can bring it back to how he was!

On that same note, Tiger needs to NOT be #1 anymore.
    [url=http://www.zeemine.com/]Zeemine[/url]

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

hear hear!!

I agree.
    It was nice seeing him there. I hope he can get back to where he once was. See how happy he was just being there. That shows the stuff we as a viewer want to see. Now to match that with a solid game.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

guyinottawa

interview

Did you see Duval's interview with the Golf Channel. The guy is dense. He should keep his mouth shut.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Personally I thought he had the personality of a thumbtack when he was the #1 player in the world however I did like how candid and up front he was during his interview, although he's still dull. Although he could still beat me I doubt he'll ever " be back". As for Tiger at #1, I like it. He's proven to be a great champion on the course. Some of his antics aside, he's a damn good golfer and until somebody plays double the tournaments he does ( see Vijay last year ) no one will knock him off his perch, HE'S THAT GOOD!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Ok.......... Duval is dull but I'd still rather see him than other people on tour. As for Tiger.... you say us Tiger bashers biurng it up all the time..........it's because of comments like this

no one will knock him off his perch, HE'S THAT GOOD!
    that make me laugh. Where were you this weekend, or even the last few months? Looks like he fell off that perch along time ago.

Like they said during the telecast yesterday, Tiger Camp is "in denial" :xxrotflma

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Come on, in denial of what? The fact that he hasn't won in 8 majors? Most people on tour have never won a major? He set the bar so high in 2000 that people think he's lost it. He may not be having as good a year but he's still won a tourney, not missed a cut in ages, and still ahead of sir play a lot Vijay!

Is he really doing poorly, I think not! He may not be living up to his own standards but Jack went 12 straight majors without a win at one point. His swing is a little loose right now but I think he'll find it.

All I know is the only person I'd like to see pass him is Mike Weir; Not Vijay!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl
    Although I'm glad to see Mike doing well, I'd rather see Ernie Els take the throne...his swing is picture perfect.

7 Iron owenb is on a distinguished road owenb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    Although I'm glad to see Mike doing well, I'd rather see Ernie Els take the throne...his swing is picture perfect.
    During the final round yesterday, they mentionned that if Ernie had won and Tiger finished 10th or worse..we would have seen the big easy ranked #1 in the world. He isn't too far off.

He may not be having as good a year but he's still won a tourney,
    He won a match play event at the beginning of the year and thats it. His stats say he's having a bad (or worse than ever) year. And you say he's still playing as the no.1 player?

Is he really doing poorly, I think not!
    Did I write this? I think NOT!!!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Statistics

This thread peaked my curiousity about Tiger's stats this year as compared to 2002. They suggest to me that, at least for the time being, he is not as sharp as he was. In particular he is not as accurate with his irons. A few examples point in this direction. In 2002 Tiger was 1st in Greens in Regulation. In 2004, 84th. In 2002 he was 1st in Scrambling. In 2004, 77th. In 2002 he was 28th in par 3 birdies. This year he is 144th. Since he is 1st in Birdie Conversions (the number of birdies made by the number of greens hit in regulation), the fact that his numbers on par 3s are so low suggests that he is missing a goodly number with an iron in his hands. Combine this with the fact that he is 156th in Driving Accuracy and we have a picture of one who - at his former level of performance - is having serious control problems. All of that said, he still manages to be 7th in scoring average.

6 Iron Keithsguy is on a distinguished road Keithsguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl
    Come on, in denial of what? The fact that he hasn't won in 8 majors? Most people on tour have never won a major? He set the bar so high in 2000 that people think he's lost it. He may not be having as good a year but he's still won a tourney, not missed a cut in ages, and still ahead of sir play a lot Vijay!

Is he really doing poorly, I think not! He may not be living up to his own standards but Jack went 12 straight majors without a win at one point. His swing is a little loose right now but I think he'll find it.

I like that, well put. Vijay and everyone jumped on the bandwagon last year about the money leader but the number of events doesn't come in to play.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    This thread peaked my curiousity about Tiger's stats this year as compared to 2002. They suggest to me that, at least for the time being, he is not as sharp as he was. In particular he is not as accurate with his irons. A few examples point in this direction. In 2002 Tiger was 1st in Greens in Regulation. In 2004, 84th. In 2002 he was 1st in Scrambling. In 2004, 77th. In 2002 he was 28th in par 3 birdies. This year he is 144th. Since he is 1st in Birdie Conversions (the number of birdies made by the number of greens hit in regulation), the fact that his numbers on par 3s are so low suggests that he is missing a goodly number with an iron in his hands. Combine this with the fact that he is 156th in Driving Accuracy and we have a picture of one who - at his former level of performance - is having serious control problems. All of that said, he still manages to be 7th in scoring average.
    TIGER IS GOD! STOP SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT HIM! !! ! HOW DARE YOU USE STATISTICAL PROOF, DEMON WORSHIPER!!! YOU ARE EVIL!!! 95% PURE EVIL!!! WE LOVE YOU TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:readheart Tiger :readheart

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Woods
    TIGER IS GOD! STOP SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT HIM! !! ! HOW DARE YOU USE STATISTICAL PROOF, DEMON WORSHIPER!!! YOU ARE EVIL!!! 95% PURE EVIL!!! WE LOVE YOU TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You worshipper of false gods, you.

Duval is in for the Deutsche Bank Championship this week.

I'd like to see him make the cut at least.

Putter duffernine is on a distinguished road
    GO TIGER GO!

David Duval is a bit of a wanker!

GO TIGER GO!

We've done this one before. Lets not do it again.

Putter duffernine is on a distinguished road
    but you do have to admit that Duval is a wanker

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That may be your opinion duffernine, but please do not sling insults here. Once was more than enough for a comment like that.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chris
    Duval is in for the Deutsche Bank Championship this week.

I'd like to see him make the cut at least.
    Nice to see him finally make a cut. Looks like he's gonna play on a Saturday for the first time in 15 months or so! Another weekend hacker......

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Nice to see him finally make a cut, hopefully he can put together 2 good rounds (Sun./Mon.) and get in contention. He's scheduled to play the Canadian Open. Good stuff.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I think this is as big a story as Tiger vs. Vijay for #1. Duval makes a cut and finished t13. What a great weekend for him.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

I'm also glad he made the cut. Good to see him come back and finally start to score some real numbers.

LOL... I actually put him as active in my Yahoo fantasy golf and he earned me 44 points, which is really not bad!

Thread Information