CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

club maintenance, cleaning

As a person who is a little OCD at times with cleanliness, I was looking around for threads on how to clean my clubs, and which products to use. I didnt find any discussions; only a thread by someone who cleans their clubs in their toilet. No no no no no no no no, no.

Currently I'm using a brush and water . But is there any products people here use to make clubs shine like new again? Polish? I almost put some Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish and scrubbed my clubs with steel wool; but if the irons are painted then this polish will ruin the clubs.

Secondly, my driver, FWdriver, and hybrid are starting to peel after only 3 months of use. Is it because I dont put the head covers on, and when they bang against each other the paint goes away?

Thanks.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    As a person who is a little OCD at times with cleanliness, I was looking around for threads on how to clean my clubs, and which products to use. I didnt find any discussions; only a thread by someone who cleans their clubs in their toilet. No no no no no no no no, no.

Currently I'm using a brush and water . But is there any products people here use to make clubs shine like new again? Polish? I almost put some Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish and scrubbed my clubs with steel wool; but if the irons are painted then this polish will ruin the clubs.

Secondly, my driver, FWdriver, and hybrid are starting to peel after only 3 months of use. Is it because I dont put the head covers on, and when they bang against each other the paint goes away?

Thanks.
    Is this a serious question? Of course.

I clean my clubs after every use.. I find the best thing is the hottest water you can get... My downstairs sink is pipping hot and does a great job.. Give em a little scrub with a brush and dry em with a shamwow
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I wash mine too after every single round. I actually find the best tool are these brushes you can get from the body shop. Stiff bristles that don't mark up clubs at all once they have soap and water on em.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I also wash my clubs after every round, I use water and a nylon brush, occasionally I'll throw a bit of dish soap in there. You are definitely going to want to keep head covers on your woods if you want them to keep looking new.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I like to keep mine dirty, to discourage thieves. lol
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Okay so I ruined my woods by not covering them, and I've also been cleaning them the wrong way by submersing them in water. thank goodness these clubs were cheap.

here is the right way to clean clubs, which is consistent with the comments above.

Lob Wedge mar_mic is on a distinguished road mar_mic's Avatar
    I wash my club after every shot using a bottle with a brush (attached to my golf bag) containing water with a few drops of diswahing liquid. Then I use my towel also attached to my bag to dry it. It takes me 5 seconds each time and I have nothing to do after my round except enjoying a drink. All my clubs have head covers including my irons. After 7 years, my club just look brand new.

6 Iron triplets is on a distinguished road
    a little soap and water, then put a litte car wax on the head as well as the shaft. Having been doing this for years, turtle wax the best nice and hard finish.

Hybrid keble is on a distinguished road
    headcovers for irons can protect them from dent. they will have range ball marks on the clubface, marks on the sole from playing in golf course too. u can keep them clean by washing them, but not keep them new. I always think to use car wax, or polish to make them new, but in the end, I always change my irons every 2 years.

6 Iron triplets is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post

Thanks.
    little water and soap, no water near hosel, car wax on woods, and all shafts. Keeps them lookin almost new except for those mis.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    After every round I use Spray 9 diluted half and half with water. Spray on and basically wipe off, you may have to give a very light brush if they are very soiled but generally not. Rinse in clean water, dry and you're done

So it's ok to submerge the irons and the putter in water when washing but not the woods and hybrids?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I have a wet/dry towel on my cart handle and clean and dry the club after every shot.

Thread Information