100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge j-dog is on a distinguished road

Which carry bag with a stand would you recommend??

I bought a Ping J-Bag a few months ago, and I'm about ready to throw the damn thing out the window of my apartment (and hope it lands directly into the dumpster).

I cannot seem to get a comfortable fit with the silly dual strap system they use. Either the padded areas are totally off my shoulders, or else the bag sits at such an angle that the clubs start to fall out.

Can anybody recommend a decent stand bag, with a strap system that doesn't require an engineering degree to figure out??

Thanks in advance

James

9 Iron Sean is on a distinguished road

Are You interested in a trade?

Hi,

If you are interested in a trade ,I have a Taylormade Players stand bag that is in very good condition.It comes with the Izzo strap system. I have used it last summer and a couple of rounds this year.I picked up a Titleist carrybag this year so I am not using it.It is black with silver and has a putter well and bag cover.If you are interested let me know.Thanks for your time.

Sean

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dog
    I bought a Ping J-Bag a few months ago, and I'm about ready to throw the damn thing out the window of my apartment (and hope it lands directly into the dumpster).

I cannot seem to get a comfortable fit with the silly dual strap system they use. Either the padded areas are totally off my shoulders, or else the bag sits at such an angle that the clubs start to fall out.

Can anybody recommend a decent stand bag, with a strap system that doesn't require an engineering degree to figure out??

Thanks in advance

James
    dbleber:
    Don't buy any of those crapy stand bags with OEM labels on them! There are only 2 carry bag systems out there worth your money. 1. Izzo- they started it and have always lead the way. You can adjust these on so many ways plus the have lots a room, and strong legs.
    2. Ogio - These hae a good layout with the woode system and are very adjustable

Izzo in my opinion is the only way to go. I have the Transport and it's great. Even has a built in cooler pocket that can fit sandwiches, drinks or whatever. It has a huge pad for your back and the shoulder strap is the best in the business why do you think everyone else uses them!
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    dbleber:
    Don't buy any of those crapy stand bags with OEM labels on them! There are only 2 carry bag systems out there worth your money. 1. Izzo- they started it and have always lead the way. You can adjust these on so many ways plus the have lots a room, and strong legs.
    2. Ogio - These hae a good layout with the woode system and are very adjustable

Izzo in my opinion is the only way to go. I have the Transport and it's great. Even has a built in cooler pocket that can fit sandwiches, drinks or whatever. It has a huge pad for your back and the shoulder strap is the best in the business why do you think everyone else uses them!
    Denny
    So, just to clarify...when you say "crappy stand bags with OEM labels on them", would that mean you are only recommending to buy an Izzo or Ogio bag??, How about a Nike stand bag that uses the Izzo straps on them??

I can't believe Ping charges well over $250 for this piece of crap. I like everything else about the bag, it seems like the quality is up there, but those 2 dual straps they have are just horrible.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    So, just to clarify...when you say "crappy stand bags with OEM labels on them", would that mean you are only recommending to buy an Izzo or Ogio bag??, How about a Nike stand bag that uses the Izzo straps on them??

I can't believe Ping charges well over $250 for this piece of crap. I like everything else about the bag, it seems like the quality is up there, but those 2 dual straps they have are just horrible.
    How about putting Izzo straps on it then?

Krolik.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

dbleber:
    The straps that come with those bags are not the exact ones that Izzo uses on their own bags. They are still Izzo straps and are good but go to golf town and look at an Izzo bag (only $129-149), throw it on your back and you'll see what I mean. They really are the best caryy bags! For the price that you pay for a Ping,Nike or othrs you can get a really great bag that will last a long time. Like I said go to GT and see for yourself, you will know what I mean once you play with it.
    Denny

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

Recomendation - Sun Mountain Carry Bag.

I have a Sun Mountain Glacier bag and couldn't be happier. I surfed the subject to death 2 years ago, and the features that Sun Mountain bags have are hard to beat. I had no problems with the straps, it felt fine right out of the box.
    One note, when I did surf about carry bags, they said strap adustment could be a real bear to get right. You may want to try starting at full extension of the straps and try to adjust them bit by bit. I would be a shame to lose a good bag.

Rusty

Thanks in advance

James

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    I have a Sun Mountain Glacier bag and couldn't be happier. I surfed the subject to death 2 years ago, and the features that Sun Mountain bags have are hard to beat. I had no problems with the straps, it felt fine right out of the box.
    One note, when I did surf about carry bags, they said strap adustment could be a real bear to get right. You may want to try starting at full extension of the straps and try to adjust them bit by bit. I would be a shame to lose a good bag.

Rusty
    Sun Mountain makes fabulous bags. They're the small name gem. You won't see them on Tour players but the bags are fantastic.

Ok, I figured it out.

I was "wearing" the bag the incorrect way. It seems there is a trick to putting the straps on, and the kind fellow at Nevada Bobs showed me how to do it today.

Surprisingly, once you get the process in the correct order, the bag is quite comfortable.

If anybody has one of these bags and cannot figure it out, shoot me an email and I'll try to help.

Thanks for all the advice and responses.

James

Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar
    I really like my Ogio "Dolby" stand bag, but since I got it Ogio has come out with the "Woode" system which looks really good. It sets your woods to one side and irons to the other so you can have easy access to all at once. Check it out. Quality bag that fits great! Oh, yeah, many crazy colours, but you can find some that are more subdued.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I have used a carry bag since I play golf. The best most comfortable carry bag available on the market is the Titleist shoulder pad design. Not those independent straps that get in the way. It is very light and well distributed on the shoulders.

http://www.titleist.com/images/produ...sx47-36blk.jpg
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Putter Shane17 is on a distinguished road
    Anything by Ping are great. The new Hoofer out is awesome, my friend just boguht one and another friend bought a J-Bag last year and they are all around solid bags. Cannot go wrong with a Ping.

Sand Wedge KaBoom is on a distinguished road KaBoom's Avatar
    I purchased an Ogio Exo stand bag and believe it is currently the best piece of equipment I own. It has the great club management system, but there is so much more. Go to a shop and compare what a specialized bag manufacturer can do compared to the "OEM" brands. There is just so much innovation in this bag. The pockets and their placements are just all perfectly placed. Well worth the extra $50-60 you pay over OEMs...

Ogio is coming out this fall with a new "yolk" carrying system. It will likely be available as an add-on as well. Take a look http://www.ogio.com/technology/shling.cfm

I agree, go Ogio, Sun Mountain or Izzo...

Thread Information