100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    btw, i would take Gretzky and Crosby over Yzerman/Datsyuk if the draft were held today.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    Exactly. It's Gretzky vs Yzerman.

Gretzky/Crosby are scoring machines, league MVP, but for pple to say they're in a different league than Yzerman/Datsyuk is dumb. Maybe he was in a different league wrt his scoring prowess, but is that all it takes to be great? There's other things to consider too. But nobody wants to talk about that.

My jaw drops to the floor when I watch Datsyuk make defenders look like fools in tight corners with his puck skills. But stuff like that doesn't show up on the scoresheet, yet he controls the game like a magician. Sid is creative but not on Datsyuk's level. It may not be important to some pple, but to me it's a joy to watch.

Crosby's a cherry picker like OV8. The rest of the team plays defense so he can do his thing. Crosby and Datsyuk don't even play the same position. To use a soccer analogy, Sid plays forward, Datsyuk plays midfield.
    well, then its you against the world in this debate. Its really hard to take anything you say serious. You don't like Crosby and its obvious. Try being unbiased for once.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Its really hard to take anything you say serious.
    Nothing said online should be taken seriously, EVER!

i'm serious.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar

i'm serious.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

i'm serious.
    seriously though....are you serious?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=852274

after reading this article by a fellow Wings fan, i had an epiphany. Crosby and Ovie have all these goals/points because their mission is to score, no matter if it's pretty or ugly. They do what it takes to score.

Datsyuk seems like a guy who's purpose is to put on a show, make the defenders look like idiots, and once that has been accomplished go for the score. He's like a Harlem Globetrotter out there. It barely looks like he's putting any effort.

So while Crosby is the better hockey player when it comes to production, ala Gretzky, Datsyuk is a lot more fun to watch. It's a guarantee every time I watch a Wings game for Pavel to do something that leaves my jaw on the floor and say "How the hell did he do that!!!??"

Not too shabby that he's 4th in scoring this year.

I think nobody here is saying that Datsyuk is not an incredible talent. He is. He has great moves and agility. Great puck position and control. The debate was more to saying that he was a better player then Sid. The debate can go on and on and it won’t make a difference. Both players are the best in what they do and It is hard to compare them. Sid and Ovy is more of a fair comparison.

The question here is should be, if you had to chose one player to build your team around between both players most if not all GM’s would pick Crosby hands down. The fans pick him in the ballot he goes #1 or #2 in pools way before Datsyuk.

I watched Pavel play agains the Habs on Friday and he was impressive. Grated he makes a very nice goal BUT it was Gill that made him look great. It was a nice goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    The question here is should be, if you had to chose one player to build your team around between both players most if not all GM’s would pick Crosby hands down.
    I'd pick Crosby.

Please close this thread.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    This year crosby is playing very well at both ends of the rink, he did so as well in the playoffs. I do not particularly like the whinning on the ice but when he plays he is the best in the NHL this year.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    After seeing last night's highlights it is apparent that Crosby is just on another level not often seen in the NHL. We best enjoy it while it lasts. He is scoring, he is passing, he is hitting.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

And now with Malkin back to form we might see something we have not seen in some time.

5 points for Malkin last night, those two were on the same page for sure, let's just say never give up the puck to either one of those guys and if you do just skate to the bench like Spezza and wait for the goal announcement. Thursday's game should be interesting, Crosby loves playing against Ottawa and the puck coughing Sens defence, maybe his friend Gonchar will have a special gift for him
    Lefty Lucas

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Luc, I don't know if you saw the goal by Malkin (from Crosby) of the face off... Wow!!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

nevermind

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Still waiting for the next Gretz, in all aspects.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Yes, that was a crazy goal, these two ar eon the same page and they know exactly where to go.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information