100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tecumseh

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road

Tecumseh

anyone play this recently? i've never played it before.. it is a par 72 course right? is it any good?

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    I played it a really long time ago (it was the second course I ever played in Ottawa) so I can't comment on possible changes/conditions. What I can comment on is the layout and in terms of that, I found it to be pretty standard. Generally flat (walkable), not a ton of water, good number of bunkers, reasonably big greens that are not crazily undulated, pretty wide landing areas, nice facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Leejanzen View Post
    I played it a really long time ago (it was the second course I ever played in Ottawa) so I can't comment on possible changes/conditions. What I can comment on is the layout and in terms of that, I found it to be pretty standard. Generally flat (walkable), not a ton of water, good number of bunkers, reasonably big greens that are not crazily undulated, pretty wide landing areas, nice facilities.
    thanks lee. thats the impressions i got of it on a coupel of drivebys over the last while.. i decided to go to vieux moulin instead but would like to give this one a go before the year is done

Sand Wedge redrock is on a distinguished road
    I played there yesterday. Course was in good shape. The greens were great but I heard that they were getting ready to spike them this week.

think i may go play tomorrow.. looking forward to checking it out.

played it yesterday for the first time.. was pleasantly suprised, nice course. especially for something in the middle of the city. more water than i expected..

Putter denisferguso is on a distinguished road denisferguso's Avatar

I liked it too

Cool. It was my first time at the Tecumseh yesterday as well. Pretty decent course. The fairways were soft enough to take divots without breaking clubs. The greens a bit bumpy from recent airation...punching... whatever it's called.

The leaves did steal some of our balls, but for 25$ it was a nice day out on the links.

Quote Originally Posted by denisferguso View Post
    Cool. It was my first time at the Tecumseh yesterday as well. Pretty decent course. The fairways were soft enough to take divots without breaking clubs. The greens a bit bumpy from recent airation...punching... whatever it's called.

The leaves did steal some of our balls, but for 25$ it was a nice day out on the links.
    yea, i got lucky and found most couple of mine that went into the leaves. did lose one tho.. the couple we were playing with were nice enough to always lend a hand looking for a ball (and vice versa of course)

and yea, i forgot to mention the punching as well. were the greens still covered in sand when you played? we had some sand splashes ona couple holes.

Putter denisferguso is on a distinguished road denisferguso's Avatar
    Yes,some sand splash at some holes but oddly enough it didn't seem to bother my putting too much. I had a low put count that day

Thread Information