100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road

Your "top 3" most memorable shots of the year

I do not see a link "course closing" in the left menu bar yet, but the season is not getting any younger... So let's start a thread, your top 3 most memorable shots of the year ... so far.
    Mine are, and until I change my mind:
    1. First bunker shot of the season, Malone #4 east. Directly into the hole for birdie, no bounce, no roll, no nothing. My 13 years old boy was livid.
    2. #9 canadian west (home club). 75 feet putt for birdie.
    3. Upper Canada, #12 at the city and district A class. Chip in to save par.

Sand Wedge OttawaP is on a distinguished road
    1. 75 yard pitch in at #15 loch march
    2. a 6' missed eagle putt on #15 at Cloverdale Still eagleless in my golfing career.
    3. a 330 yard drive, wind assisted on #8 Pakenham , Island course. It was spectacular, nice draw, high shot....I felt like a pro for a brief moment.
    Paul

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    I guess its that time of year again isn't it. It was a pretty up and down year for me, but had some memorable moments

1. holed out from 50 yards for eagle on 14 at metcalfe (home course)
    2. hit a 7 iron to about an inch on 7 at metcalfe (par 3)
    3. made a 35 foot downhill putt on 18 at metcalfe for birdie, the putt itself wasn't necessarily all that great but it was to shoot my best ever 73.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Gotta say the following:

Played a tournament at the Hylands in June in the pouring rain. Hit two shots there that come to mind:

A 9 iron on #9 from about 140 to a foot from the pin. Kick in bird.
    An 8 iron i think, from the trees to about 10 feet on #17 after my buddy put it to about 25 feet from a bad location (it was a scramble). one guy on our team bet me I couldn't do better and I hit it to 10 feet. Of course we all missed the putt.
    The 3rd was at greensmere #4 black a couple of weeks ago, hit my tee shot solid but to the right and I had lasered 217 from the rough to the pin. Hit a 3 wood that never left the pin and ended up 10 feet short. Left the birdie putt 1" short.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Any number of the shots that I struck in my singles match against Rich in the NCGT Ryder Cup event. What made them memorable was that I was basically standing on one foot when they were hit. Better yet, the expression on Rich's face as I birdied my way to victory was priceless. Yes, I know Rich that you will be gunning for me next year.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Although some of the bonehead shots seem to be top of my memory; I have had four memorable shots that spring to mind:

1,2,3 resulted in my first eagle - Greensmere white #4. A good middle of fairway drive, a fantastic second (230+) to the front of the green and a very long putt into the hole near the back.

4- At Marshes #6, I think. (Last hole before crossing over) I hooked my drive onto the adjacent fairway leaving a 240yd blind second shot with sand in front of the green and trouble behind. My buddy got up on the ridge and gave me an aiming point and I drilled a 5 wood high that landed in the back fringe of the sand trap and bounced onto the green for an easy bird.

Of course I'll be out alot before this season is over here so there's hope for some more memorable shots. (As well I have trips to Houston & Salt Lake City coming up that could result in some golf and more memorable shots.) Last year in Orlando I hit a 200+ bunker shot onto the green for an easy bird.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    There are a few shots that come to mind.

1) Pineview #18, from 210+ yards under a tree left of the fairway bunkers I hit it to inches for a kick in birdie.
    2) Ryder Cup singles matches, on #10 at Trillium woods from a 150 yards in the rough, under a tree, hit the pin half way up the mast.
    3) Perth, #3, from a 110 yards out, hit a GW which landed 3 feet from the cup, rolled, hit the pin but did not drop.
    4) GlenMar #10, during my work's 4man scramble hit a 3wood from 220+ yards to 4 feet and made the putt to boot.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    1 at least:

about a 70ft snaker with about 20ft? of break from the front right to the back left of the green on #8 at Kanata. It actually went in the back of cup off the slope behind the hole. (the best part, it was a scramble, that was the hole in 1 hole, and the maniacs who devised that diabolical location were actual on the tee in the group behind us! )

I will try to think of 2 others...

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    1-hitting a hybrid 200 yards because i thought the 150 yard marker was a 200 yard marker. next season i'll be buying a rangefinder.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Only one I can think of. Last Saturday, #1 at Cloverdale, playing from the blues, chip in from 10 yards off the green for eagle. My 15 year old also chipped in on the same hole for birdie. Too bad the rest of the round wasn't as memorable. Went on to shoot an 83 when I thought for sure it would be a sub 80 round.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Best one of the year has to be an 8-iron on the par 3 #18 during the Cornwall Open. There was a big crowd on the patio with a great view of that green. The ball landed on the fringe and rolled 15-20 feet straight towards the hole. It ended up less than a foot from the hole for a kick-in bird. The crowd went wild while it was rolling, I guess it must've looked like it was going for an ace and they could taste that free beer Felt like a tour pro for a couple of seconds.

Had a couple of memorable drives.
    One was in Jamaica on a dogleg-right 320-330 hole with a nice breeze helping. Hit a nice draw that went around the corner. After a 10 minutes search we found it next to the green pin-high. Of course, I ended up flubbing the chip and three-putted for a bogey
    Another was on #10 at Stonebridge a couple of weeks ago, again with a helping wind. Playing whites (432yards), ended up 135 from the green.

Pitching Wedge Go4daPin is on a distinguished road
    50 foot putt for birdie on a par 3
    20 foot putt from the fringe on a par 3
    50 yrd pitch two bounce for birdie on a par 3

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    3. Second shot 7I on the uphill hole (towards an old looking house) on the back-9 at Emerald Links. I was playing awful but I altered my swing and planned the shot perfectly (aimed slightly to the right to factor in wind, etc.) and put it about 2 feet away.

2. Every bunker shot I played at Meadows the one round. I hit 2 long bunker shots and 2 short ones all within a couple of feet and all looking pretty similar (one little bounce and a check). My playing partner, a superior player, asked me to teach him how to play out of the sand.

1. A 9I from about 105yds out on a short par-4 at Anderson Links. I lost my drive to the right and the ball ended up in what was essentially an 8" deep hole with a 1.5 foot diameter. The ball was sitting up on some dead branches against the face of the hole, about 4" down. I had to go at it from a very steep angle because of the narrow diameter of the hole. I knew I'd be swinging right into the face of the hole so I grabbed more club then I'd normally need and loosened my left hand grip (didn't want to injure myself). I swung as hard as I could and hit a lot of ball. It shot straight up in the air and just cleared a bunker that was directly in line with the pin. The ball landed on a downslope and released to about 6 feet from the pin. I went on to make the birdie.

Thread Information