100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road

Myrtle Beach Packages?

Hi,

Planning to head to Myrtle Beach this winter.
    I was wondering how most people do this.

Do you book things yourself (course, tee times, hotel)
    or
    Do you use a company and just get a package (I assume they plan everything).

This is my first time to Myrtle Beach so not sure what is the best approach.

Thanks

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Drop us a line, we can assist your group. You will save money by booking with a golf packager as we have discounted prices for golf and lodging. The most popular Myrtle Beach golf package is our Masters Collection.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Been going to MB in Mar/Apr for 4 of last five years. First year went with a "packager" and was not satisfied. Last three years went with EatDrinkSleepGolf and was more than satisfied with the accommodation, courses and price. Let them know what you want and you'll be pleased. And for those cynics out there I'm NOT related or indebited to EDS, just think that good service should be recognized and promoted.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Been going to MB in Mar/Apr for 4 of last five years. First year went with a "packager" and was not satisfied. Last three years went with EatDrinkSleepGolf and was more than satisfied with the accommodation, courses and price. Let them know what you want and you'll be pleased. And for those cynics out there I'm NOT related or indebited to EDS, just think that good service should be recognized and promoted.
    Hey Bruce---guess it's getting close. Actually we are not sure what we are doing this year--Florida--Texas-South Carolina. Are you booking short term or long term with Ed? I'm just wondering if your better to go "cold turkey" with the economy and the dollar value---there was a lot left empty last year
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Hey Mac... unfortunately due to an injury I will not be going in 2010, but the guys I went with before are planning to go now. If you mean long term as in well in advance, I usually have the matter finalized in November, but have waited until as late as January. To me it is a balancing act between the rising / falling loonie and the risk of not getting the places we want. Even the year we waited until late did not seem to be an issue and quality was still there. If you are into research may be good to go on line and check out some of the local news papers to see how the economy has affected the rates, at least in the MB area. I know that for the last several years there has been a significant down sizing so with fewer courses the prices have held or even increased. My "dream" spot is still Arizona but prices pretty steep there even with the decline in the economy. Have a good trip.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Is it risky to wait till late winter and then book last minute (going March)?
    I assume I would get a much cheaper package at the last minute but it makes me wonder what kind of selection of courses or poor tee times would be left.

Do people usually go last minute or book in advance?

If this was just a beach resort (no golf), last minute makes sense.
    but with tee times, it seems a disadvantage to wait to long.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    book early if you want good tee times at specific courses. the longer you wait, the harder it is to book them. Also, you can maximize your $ if you play certain courses in the PM or on a weekday vs the weekend. some have cheaper rates for these so take advantage of those if you can while some courses are the same all the time.

we used mbgolfwizard.com and they seemed to have the best rates. they also have an online system where you can pick your times, and dates and courses and get an idea of what's available. It can be a pain doing it last minute trying to find courses you want only to find they are booked and then you need backup courses cause you can't get on one you want.

we book our condo through elliott realty, great selection and something for everyone.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

7 Iron Ace-IT is on a distinguished road Ace-IT's Avatar
    Grabster,
    I went 3 weeks ago (it was my first time also) and booked with www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com and I was very satisfied. I had a few quotes from different Co. and EDSG was the best for what I could get.

You'll want to go every year after the first visit...

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey guys---YES YES YES---if your going for only 7 to 10 days and you want to play specific courses. Book ahead. If your going longer---we have had no problems at any of THEIR middle of the road courses---which would compare to EC, MARSHES, LOCH MARCH.

In Myrtle you will definitly have a hard time the last two weeks of March
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    Is it risky to wait till late winter and then book last minute (going March)?
    I assume I would get a much cheaper package at the last minute but it makes me wonder what kind of selection of courses or poor tee times would be left.

Do people usually go last minute or book in advance?

If this was just a beach resort (no golf), last minute makes sense.
    but with tee times, it seems a disadvantage to wait to long.
    I got your email Grabster and sent you the golf package quote you requested. Let me know if any questions pop up. Thanks.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Par tyorke1 is on a distinguished road
    send me a package esdg, my best buddy's wife does noy have two much to go, i want to take him and a few buddies when he is ready, thanks TIM

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar

October golf trip

Hi,

I just came back from a Myrtle Beach golf trip 3 weeks ago (October 10th to 17th) (12 guys) that I planned myself, we had a blast. We flew out of Plattsburgh N.Y. right into Myrtle Beach (Direct flight 2 hrs) played 10 rounds of golf in 6 days (7 where pre-paid in our package, we rented a 2800 sq. ft. condo and rented 3 vehicles all for $980.00 CDN per guys taxes included. Meals, booze, extra rounds of golf and gas not included.

Plane: $261.00 per guy (round trip)
    Condo: $140.00 per guy (7nights)
    Rentals: $95.00 per guy (1 mini van + 2 small SUV)
    Golf :$484 per guy (7 rounds at Litchfiled, Willbrook, Long Bay, River Club, Myrtle Beach National King's North, South Creek and West Course)

Total CDN: $980.00

Plane:
    http://www.visitdirectair.com/

Our Condo: The Blue one.
    http://www.mbvacationsrus.com

If your less then 12 person or more you can also check out:
    http://www.homeaway.com/

Golf Package:
    http://www.northmyrtlebeachgolf.com/...-national.html

Car Rental:
    http://www.hotwire.com/car/index.jsp

If you have any question feel free to contact me.
    Ross
    Last edited by rossigm; 11-04-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Baxter
    Heading down Nov 19 until the 26th....A little bad planning as it's Thanksgiving week. Trying to get out via Flying is impossible so a drive is what we are doing.
    Hotel ( 4 bedrooms 4 guy), Hot Breakfest every day, 5 Rounds with Cart for a total of $350.00 USD
    Litchfiled(nice course but nothing special - Average **1/2 Stars) Myrtle Beach National King's North( The signature course out of the 3 to choose from. Lots of Sand and water.***1/2 Star) River Club(This was a geat course Stars) Willbrook Plantation( Nothing fancy and when I played it last year it was in rough shape **Stars) Waterway Hills(Never played)
    Staying at the Carribean Resort & Villas...Right on the Ocean. North end of main strip. If you take teh street running West that is right in front of the hotel, you would arrive at Martins Golf Super Store parking lot(3 minute dr.) and pass the Downtown Myrtle hot spot(Don't recall the name of the site)

Cheers and hope it helps

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    The Masters?

When I was down at the end of October I played Lion's Paw, Panther's Run, River's Edge, Woodland Valley (Old DiamondBack) and Tiger's Eye. Shared a room, breakfast included for about $450US. Played Moorland the day of arrival for the local 48hr rate of $29 which included 18 holes, lunch, 2 beer and cart. Played a 9 hole replay at Meadowlands for $20.

River's Edge had great new greens, still a bit slow as they are new. The marsh vistas are amazing. Tiger's Eye and Moorland were being overseeded (always a concern at this time of the year) with Tiger's Eye being in great shape and Moorland's greens not quite there. Panther's Run has had problem with the greens (fungus) and is trying to bring them back, Woodland Valley and Lion's Paw were both good courses. Meadowlands was in very good shape for a middle tier course.

If someone is wondering about course conditions, overseeding, etc, they should check out the forums at www.myrtlebeachgolftalk.com. The link to the forums is on the top left of the home page. Trip reports, dining, etc are all covered.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Been to MB several times and the courses I see listed above are almost all really nice.

Baxter - how did you possibly get Waterway Hills in with the other other courses you mentioned? It is not even in the same league - From what I remember that course was absolutely awful and the only drawing power it had was the gimmicky gondola ride over the coastal waterway from the parking lot to the club house?

Anways, wish I was planning a trip but my annual rite of spring seems to have been nixed by the new kid - suppose it doesnt help that I would normally go around his birthday too...

Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    Hi,

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I just came back from a Myrtle Beach golf trip 3 weeks ago (October 10th to 17th) (12 guys) that I planned myself, we had a blast. We flew out of Plattsburgh N.Y. right into Myrtle Beach (Direct flight 2 hrs) played 10 rounds of golf in 6 days (7 where pre-paid in our package, we rented a 2800 sq. ft. condo and rented 3 vehicles all for $980.00 CDN per guys taxes included.
    Thanks for the trip report and pictures.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    Been to MB several times and the courses I see listed above are almost all really nice.

Baxter - how did you possibly get Waterway Hills in with the other other courses you mentioned? It is not even in the same league - From what I remember that course was absolutely awful and the only drawing power it had was the gimmicky gondola ride over the coastal waterway from the parking lot to the club house?

Anways, wish I was planning a trip but my annual rite of spring seems to have been nixed by the new kid - suppose it doesnt help that I would normally go around his birthday too...
    Waterway Hills is part of the Myrtle Beach National packages along with the other courses listed and Aberdeen.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post

Not a clue...I'm just tagging alone for the trip....Wait a second..They all want to use my Caddy to drive down in...Perhaps I'm a little more than the tag alone on this trip...Hmmm. Might have to rethink my cost of this event seeing how the boys want to drive in the Escalade XTL....
    Thanks for the tip I will pass it along.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Baxter
    "Waterway Hills is part of the Myrtle Beach National packages along with the other courses listed and Aberdeen"

What's Aberdeen like...It sure sounds like it may be worth trying to change away from waterway hills and the gondola ride....

New kid and no spring get away...well at least you were warm 9 months ago...That should teach you to look at your calendar before any planning with the wife. Now look at you!! You can't go away...

Congrats on the little one...Hope you are all doing great....Cheers and sorry but just had to take a little shot....now there is so much that can be added to this...but I'm checking out before I get in trouble...

Cheers and thanks for the info
    Dave

I've never played either course, so I can't help. Since the Master's Package is limited to the courses you play, they mix up some high-end with mid-level courses and they are spread through-out the GGrand Strand. Depending oln where you are staying, you could have lengthy drives. River Club, Litchfield and Willbrook are more South, King's North, Southcreek and West Course are central off of the 501 and Waterway Hills in in North Myrtle Beach and Long Bay and Aberdeen are North-West on 9. You do get to see the town though! The best way to get around is up and down the 31 which is a great bypass!
    Colby

I would switch from Waterway Hills to Aberdeen.

By the way, you may want to look the Legends Special, our Legends prices are now lower than the Masters Collection and they offer breakfast, lunch and 2 "beverages" at each of their golf courses! Very nice package.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

I would agree. The Legends stable of courses are very nice.
    Colby

Can't go wrong with their courses (Legends): Heritage, Oyster Bay, Legends Heathland, Legends Moorland and Legends Parkland.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information