CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

west/central Ottawa club membership fees

i thought this list might be useful to share with the forum. i'm looking to join a golf club in 2010, so i've been doing my homework on initiation fees and the location. i focused more on central/west ottawa because i dont feel like driving more than 45 minutes to my home golf club. sorry quebec.

Golf and Country Clubs

mississippi golf club
    18 holes
    initiation fee $3500+gst (can pay over 10 years) + $1662 annual fee
    K0A 1A0

manderley on the green
    27 holes
    $1570 for season pass
    K0A 2T0

greensmere
    36 holes soon
    initiation fee $2250 (can be paid over 3 years) +1800 annual fee
    K0A 1L0

cedar hill
    18 holes
    $3500 entry fee + $2400 annual
    K2R 1C5

hunt club
    27 holes
    intermediate membership: $1000/yr for 12 years + $1620 annual + $600 bar
    full membership: $24,000 + $4,580 annual + $1,200 bar
    K1V 1B9

stonebridge
    18 holes
    membership: no entry fee, $2,620 + GST unlimited play 7 day
    K2J 5N3

hylands (mostly for military, active or retired)
    36 holes
    civilian memberships: $3000 entry fee, + $2000 annual
    K1V 1J9

Carleton Golf & Yacht Club
    18 holes
    membership: no initiation fee, $1810 + GST annual + $600 bar/drinks minimum
    K4M 1B3

Rideauview (intermediate C)
    18 holes
    $8,000 initiation fee(can pay over 15 years), $2505 annual
    K4M 1B3

Royal Ottawa golf club
    call to find out
    (819) 777-3866 x201
    J9H 7L2

camelot golf club
    call 613-833-0801 to find out.
    K4C 1H1

clublink
    silver or gold clubs allow 10 years maximum to pay membership fee with no interest

kanata golf and country club (platinum club)
    18 holes
    membership: $22,500 + 3,620 annual
    K2K 1X5

greyhawk (gold club)
    membership: $8,000 + 3,000 annual
    K4B 1P5

Driving ranges

capital golf (par 3 course)
    course membership: $775 for season pass
    driving range: $100 + $1, $2, or 3$ buckets
    K1T 3W4

19th tee
    driving range: $79 for season
    K2K 2Y6
    Last edited by nokids; 10-21-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Carleton and Rideau View are the best bang for buck. If you require more detailed information, please send me a PM.

Best of luck,

John

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Depending on where you live in Ottawa, you might want to check out the Madawaska course in Arnprior. I was a member there when I live in the Bayshore area. It took me 25 minutes to get to the course. Not bad, especially when you consider that annual dues were less than $800. Better yet, the course has a very active membership, with a member tournament every 2 weeks.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Greensmere Couples membership is $3000 with a $3500 Initiation that can be paid interest free over a period of time. Better yet, starting next spring it's a 36 hole course.

Unlimited Driving range is $199/year.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Hi,
    Just want to clarify your Stonebridge price. The price you have listed ($2620) is actually the 7 day membership price, which would allow for unlimited golf 7 days a week with no time restrictions and 10 day advance booking. In your post you stated that the price you put was for the 5 day unlimited (Monday to Friday) which if anyone is interested in that, is only $1885 + GST. They also offer an after 1:00 p.m. 7 day membership for $1965 which many people find good.
    Best of luck with your decision, it is a great choice to have to make!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    It looks like Carleton is a winner with no initiation fee.And its a private club also and seems very nice.Compared to the others i would go for it.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I was at the Carleton G&CC club on Sunday for the open house and i'm pretty sure there's an initiation fee of 4000$

Unless you are a junior, Carleton absolutely has an innitition fee. Also, they only accept a select amount of new members on the intermediate memberships each year. There is currently a waiting list to be considered for next year. If you do not get the intermediate membership, I believe the initiation fee is $16,000 over five years.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road

Carleton Golf & YC

There is a special on at the moment to attract intermediate members, there are 3 levels of intermediate membership, the first 2 (19 - 26 & 27 - 32) there are NO initiation fees... annual dues of $1430 & $1810 respectively. Both require a house minimum of $600. This is a great deal! The last level 33 - 39 requires a $4000 initiation fee + $2270 annual dues + $600 F & B.

Information is on the website: www.carletongolf.com

The course is in fantastic shape, best greens in Ottawa!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I guess Carleton was too good to be true.Stupid initiation fees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Carleton and Rideau View are the best bang for buck. If you require more detailed information, please send me a PM.

Best of luck,

John
    thanks Johnyc. These clubs are my top 3 choices:

1. hunt club ($3200/yr)
    2. carleton g&cc ($2400/yr)
    3. stonebridge ($2600/yr) my mistake on the 7days

Hunt is my top choice because the location is perfect, it's only 4 km's away from me, it has a driving range, the money is reasonable, but those sponsorships and references will be tough. my plan is to go to a Sens game with a sign that reads "Jason Spezza and Chris Phillips: please sponsor me to join Hunt Club. I will caddy for you both!"

if that doesn't work, i'll join CGCC or Stonebridge.

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    thanks Johnyc. These clubs are my top 3 choices:

1. hunt club ($3200/yr)
    2. carleton g&cc ($2400/yr)
    3. stonebridge ($2600/yr) my mistake on the 7days

Hunt is my top choice because the location is perfect, it's only 4 km's away from me, it has a driving range, the money is reasonable, but those sponsorships and references will be tough. my plan is to go to a Sens game with a sign that reads "Jason Spezza and Chris Phillips: please sponsor me to join Hunt Club. I will caddy for you both!"

if that doesn't work, i'll join CGCC or Stonebridge.
    I may be telling you something that you already know, but if you are seriously considering hunt or carleton, then you would be best to get your name on a waiting list as soon as possible. When I contacted them, both courses commented that they were unsure of how many new spots would be available for next year, and that there was already a list of names to be considered for any spots that do open. Of course, all of the above can be ignored if you are not looking to join via an intermediate membership. On another note, Stonebridge told me that their 2010 prices would be out in October, although I doubt they will differ much, if at all, from where they are for this season. Of lifes decisions, it a great one to have!

Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    I may be telling you something that you already know, but if you are seriously considering hunt or carleton, then you would be best to get your name on a waiting list as soon as possible. When I contacted them, both courses commented that they were unsure of how many new spots would be available for next year, and that there was already a list of names to be considered for any spots that do open. Of course, all of the above can be ignored if you are not looking to join via an intermediate membership. On another note, Stonebridge told me that their 2010 prices would be out in October, although I doubt they will differ much, if at all, from where they are for this season. Of lifes decisions, it a great one to have!
    i forgot about waiting lists. thanks for reminding me.

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    If you're considering Carleton then I would take a serious look at Rideauview as they are within minutes of each other. I'm an Intermediate 'A' member at Rideauview and pay NO F&B fee.

choosing a club is intense homework. it's like buying a home or a car.

I'm 30 and a fully privledged member at Carleton. You can not go wrong with either Carleton or Rideau View. It really comes down to preference. I would suggest trying out both clubs before making any committment. When I chose, I had considered Rideau View, Carleton, Hunt and Royal Ottawa. Living in Riverside south, I was closest to the Hunt, but chose Carleton, which is ironically the furthest away. The tee sheet is really generous and the members are excellent. I have always been made to feel welcome, and have enjoyed playing with members of all ages.

I was personally a little uncomfortable at both Hunt and Royal, although the quality of golf is arguably better at Rideau View. This may seem silly to many of you, but meant a great deal to me personally. As a 10 handicap, I have rounds this year as low as 72, but as high as 92.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Another thing to consider when joining a private club is the number of active golfing members. I've been at CGYC for 2 years and never have a problem getting a time, unlike some other private courses I've heard of with 600+ active golfers all competeing for a limited number of tee times.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    I'm 30 and a fully privledged member at Carleton. You can not go wrong with either Carleton or Rideau View. It really comes down to preference. I would suggest trying out both clubs before making any committment. When I chose, I had considered Rideau View, Carleton, Hunt and Royal Ottawa. Living in Riverside south, I was closest to the Hunt, but chose Carleton, which is ironically the furthest away. The tee sheet is really generous and the members are excellent. I have always been made to feel welcome, and have enjoyed playing with members of all ages.

I was personally a little uncomfortable at both Hunt and Royal, although the quality of golf is arguably better at Rideau View. This may seem silly to many of you, but meant a great deal to me personally. As a 10 handicap, I have rounds this year as low as 72, but as high as 92.
    i went on rideauview's website and i'm very impressed. course looks very challenging and price is very good. i'll have to add it to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    Another thing to consider when joining a private club is the number of active golfing members. I've been at CGYC for 2 years and never have a problem getting a time, unlike some other private courses I've heard of with 600+ active golfers all competeing for a limited number of tee times.
    Agreed, it is great being able to secure a time, even at the last minute. Further, the greens are the best I have played this year. For example, I played 18 holes on Tuesday. I teed off with a member I met on the range at 11:30 and finished 18 at 14:26.

The course had a slow spring (as did everyone), but has been in great shape since early July. The greens are the best in the city!

Thread Information