CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chateau Cartier

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road

Chateau Cartier

Played there for the first time ever on Saturday, what a beautiful course. we had a great time. course was in great shape.

that #17 par 3 is crazy.. straight up hill. i dont know if ive ever seen anything like that before.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    You should try it in July when the humidex is hitting 40!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    They should have a bench half way up so you can take a rest

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    You should try it in July when the humidex is hitting 40!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    They should have a bench half way up so you can take a rest
    it's insane.. but a fantastic design for a hole.. certainly going into my "unforgettable golfing experience" memory pool.. we had to debate for a few minutes on how to even reach the green.. my friends both tried 5 irons they both planted in front of the hill, i used my fairway hybrid but sliced it just to the right of the green into the tree line... seemed to be the right shot for me(sans slice), but i had thought about using my driver and just blasting it into the side of the hill trying to roll it up to the green.. which i still have to try..

how do you guys play that hole?

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I play it for 190 from the whites i think, that way it has enough hight to get there.....my other technic?? Swing and pray!!!!!!!!

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    7 iron from the whites, 6 iron from the blues.
    Even I've never heard of me

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I think it is a 5 wood for me, drill into the bank behind the hole and pray that it rolls down.

1 Iron dmr is on a distinguished road dmr's Avatar
    I'm like Gropper - I play this hole as 190 from the whites. Usually a 4i (now 4h) or 5i if I'm hitting really well.

I've also played this with a 3/4 swing 5w and it worked very well - not very repeatable for me though.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    8 iron from the blues.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Well excuse me Tiger!! That is like a 185 carry to the top of the hill. You should be on the tour if you have that kind of distance. How far do you hit your driver, 375? That is wild. Wish I could do that, wait I can on the Tiger Woods 2009 but I guess I cannot use the controller on the course.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Ahhh there's always one. I've played Chateau Cartier 5 times this year and everytime i've played it i've hit my 8 iron from the blues and have been pin high. The Tour isn't just about distance is it? And if you feel like telling me i'm full of BS you should come out and play with me first.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I think you have misinterpreted my post, I have seen many golfers who hit as far as you, my thumbs up are an indication of praise, please do not interpret tone with the written word. And I am serious, I really wish I had that kind of distance.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

My bad, no offence taken as it's easy to misinterpret things on email/internet!!!

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I can hit an 8 iron there too.....just in two swing!

Aww distance something we all wish we had but very few do, and according to Reza, John has the game to back up the distance too....hope we get a round in soon buddy!

Your right John, I try to use the smileys and stuff but does not always work. I only meant that the distance is impressive and is definitely tour distance.
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I like the bail out area to the left.Its easier for me to go there than on the green.Tough par 3 for sure.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    I think it's the worst hole ever created. Stupid in every aspect.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    I grew up playing a similar hole except it didn't have the 100yard gap between the tee and the base of the hill (9I or PW usually was enough). I think the hole intimidates people into bad shots. My friends were taking big whacks at it and hitting into the middle of the hill. I just took a normal 5I and landed it at the crest of the hill and had a birdie putt from the front fringe. I like holes like this on courses that are consistently quirky. At Chateau Cartier, which is a pretty conservative layout, it feels a little out of place.
    Last edited by Leejanzen; 09-22-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I agree with those who say play it as if it was 190 yards. If you normally hit a low ball, take an extra club and tee it up a little higher. Be sure to factor the wind into your club selection because you have to hit a high ball to make the green.

I have yet to see a ball bounce off the side of the hill UP to the green, but I guess anything is possible. Left and long is the bailout area - I bounced one off the mounds at the back left to within 4 feet a few weeks ago for a birdie. But I still thinks its a dumb hole...

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    As with Gropper I find that the hole plays to 190 yards from the whites.

And as with Geronamo I find it is one dumb hole. Since most hackers play the hole from the whites, the hole play to 190 yards, there is almost no bailout area, it is a blind shot and if short your ball can roll all the way down. This is almost too much to ask a normal everyday hacker, while maintaining pace of play.

If it was up to me, I would probably swap the tee box and green on this hole.

Wh
    Quote Originally Posted by geronamo View Post
    I think it's the worst hole ever created. Stupid in every aspect.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

I have thought about how the hole could be improved as well. I was thinking if they carved the green a third the way into the hill with a trap behind and in front of the hole it would demand a precise distance shot and make for difficult up and down if you missed short or long. They could do the same with the raised green on 10 or make it a two or three tier green.
    Lefty Lucas

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I find it only plays about 175 yards from the whites, because that is how far my 7 iron goes and I've been pin high either on the green or to the left in the rough. Difference is height of course, I hit a pretty high ball so the hill doesn't add as much distance as it would for someone with a lower ball flight.
    I do agree with Reza though, a very difficult hole for the weekend hacker.
    Even I've never heard of me

I agree, for those high ball hitters it seems to be less of a distance problem.
    Lefty Lucas

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    I would love to hit pin high onto this hole once
    Unless you can hit the short irons with some of the distances listed here, this hole is a nightmare for most hackers like me...

3/4H or even 5 wood can get me their but I can't get it up high enough to stick on the green...most of my shots ended up in the slope / blush behind the green ...then you have to traverse up that hill...and have to content with a downhill chip out.
    Brutal hole and it could spoil a good walk!

BTW .. Every stranger I played with has always claimed they are long especially with the drive...r but I have not seen those long ones , definitely not the 300 yarders .

Perhaps I need to come out and play with some of the big boys in here once and see.
    Would be nice to hit 7 iron 175yrds.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    putter from the golds...

Thread Information