100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Duval

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road

David Duval

I just watched the David Duval press conference on The Golf Channel, man is that guy honest and he was very emotional, I really hope he does well this weekend!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Big_duck
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    I just watched the David Duval press conference on The Golf Channel, man is that guy honest and he was very emotional, I really hope he does well this weekend!
    Given his recent performance, I wondered how he even qualified (British Open winner in last 5 years), which led me to this webpage:

http://www.pga.com/news/majors/usope...ield061404.cfm

What I found interesting was the number of PGA regulars who had to get in by sectional qualifiying.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Duval and Daly

It's great to see David Duval back in the saddle. It's inconceivable that he could possibly make the cut given his lack of play, but if he does then kudos to him.

Sadly, John Daly will not be in the field. Amazingly, despite his good play this year, he did not automatically qualify. And Big John does not believe that PGA tournament winners should have to qualify for Majors. It would have really been nice to see him tour this track.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare
    It's great to see David Duval back in the saddle. It's inconceivable that he could possibly make the cut given his lack of play, but if he does then kudos to him.

Sadly, John Daly will not be in the field. Amazingly, despite his good play this year, he did not automatically qualify. And Big John does not believe that PGA tournament winners should have to qualify for Majors. It would have really been nice to see him tour this track.
    Don't much care for Duval, although I certainly don't wish him any ill-will. Agree with you totally about Daly, and support Daly's idea that PGA Tournament winners shouldn't have to go through qualifying for majors. Stretch the number of players if you have to, but other than money, qualifying for these majors should be an added reward for winning a tourney.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Big_duck
    Well it looks like starting the comeback at the open was a bad idea (+13).

As for JD, I sympathize but I don't necessarily agree with him. The problem as I see it is the US and British Opens are just that Open championships, if they didn't restrict those entries based on wins, then there wouldn't be enough qualifing spots to make them truly an 'Open' championship. Remember neither event is a 'PGA' event they are a USGA and R&A event respectively.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    Duval has been totally forthcoming about his feelings after winning the British, and although I've never been a big fan of Duval's, I was really pulling for him as I'm sure many of us are. Too bad he posted an 83, hopefully he doesn't pull out & has a decent day tomorrow.

Thread Information