100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loch March

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

Loch March

I've always enjoyed Loch March but for some reason I haven't played there since the 2007 season......played there this past Friday and WOW, probably the best conditioned course that I've played this year - really, really impressive

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    LochMarch has always been a great track and a good challenge.It is on our top 5 courses in the area and we are also due to play it this year.Glad it is in great condition Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    LochMarch has always been a great track and a good challenge.It is on our top 5 courses in the area and we are also due to play it this year.Glad it is in great condition Scott.
    Marcos - I'm sure that you and your lovely wife will have a wonderful round - think of us poor working folks when you play

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar
    You're bang on. They probably have the best greens in the area. It's a tough track but always enjoyable.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Loch March

Now Scott,you know that you poor working folks are always on our mind when we play everyday,but we get over it.LOL.Its a great day at Loch March for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Marcos - I'm sure that you and your lovely wife will have a wonderful round - think of us poor working folks when you play

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Now Scott,you know that you poor working folks are always on our mind when we play everyday,but we get over it.LOL.Its a great day at Loch March for sure.
    ROFL!!!

Golf Nut wings is on a distinguished road
    I agree that this is an amazing track, only complaint is the last four holes aren't the most exciting. Especially 18... I would still play this all the time if it were closer.

Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    I agree that this is an amazing track, only complaint is the last four holes aren't the most exciting. Especially 18... I would still play this all the time if it were closer.
    I like 18 - it is a good Risk/Reward hole to end your game.......I've seen many a good round ruined with a poor drive there (or even a good drive that finds its way behind that massive tree in the middle of the corner

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    I would agree with #18 but the other three holes are quite good.

#15 - Long, tough par 5 that seems innocuous at first but more often than not bites you in the behind.

#16 - Good par three. God help the person who hits the ball short when the pin is all the way back. I actually did that on Sunday and made par!

#17 - One of the best short par 4's around thanks to the green.

What's interesting is that the original #18 was on the other side of the 17th hole. You walked up the hill and there was water in play off the tee shot. The made the current 18 when one of the owners family built a house at the top of the hill.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Sand Wedge OttawaP is on a distinguished road
    What I can't figure out is why #1 is higher ranked than #12. if you don't cut the corner you pretty much looking at 190 to go, and even then you got water on the left, big tree on the left, long skinny green with bunkers right ...still one of my favorite courses though.

Paul

I also like the 18th.It really can bite you if you land in the wrong spot of the tee.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    What's interesting is that the original #18 was on the other side of the 17th hole. You walked up the hill and there was water in play off the tee shot. The made the current 18 when one of the owners family built a house at the top of the hill.
    The original 18th hole was a great hole. The current 18th is a letdown.

When are they gonna ever finish the development of the others holes on that property and re-instate the old finishing hole?
    Last edited by 3Jack; 09-21-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thread Information