CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar

Opinions on Rogers Home Phone

Hey All,

I'm considering switching my home phone over to Rogers from Bell. I haven't really had any issues with Bell, but I've got my Cable, Internet and now Wireless with Rogers and there are bundle discounts that come into play.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Rogers home phone? Is it, as I suspect, VoIP? Any issues I should be aware of / concerned about?

Thanks.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    It is not VOIP, just a phone line carried to you through a modem. I've had it for years now and have no issues ever. Plus its cheaper than Bell.

Cheers,
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Hey All,

I'm considering switching my home phone over to Rogers from Bell. I haven't really had any issues with Bell, but I've got my Cable, Internet and now Wireless with Rogers and there are bundle discounts that come into play.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Rogers home phone? Is it, as I suspect, VoIP? Any issues I should be aware of / concerned about?

Thanks.
    Exactly as explain in last post. The home phone is run through the cable lines. I live in an apartment building and the only issue that I have come across is that my actual cable lines were cut and I didn't have any services in my apt. Rogers being available they were out in 24hrs to remedy the issue. Other than that no issues.

Right now Basic line + 2 features is 31.31 (SAF 911 and TTY included) and you get 500 mins of Lond Distance within North America included. If you need more Long distance 37.31 and you get 5 features and 1000 North America Long distance minutes. Bundle discount you will get 15% on your wireless plan, TV and Internet, so depending on packages you are really only adding about $30 when all is said and done.

For people who already have Home phone with rogers you can call and switch to this package just as long as you have Digital Cable or Internet with Rogers.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Can you keep your existing number if you switch?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I switched a few years back.....no issues what so ever.

Yes, you can keep your existing phone number

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

Thanks Scotty... Sorry to hear about Coles' misfortune.... that wi;; put a damper on his goal production for hockey this year...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Thanks Scotty... Sorry to hear about Coles' misfortune.... that wi;; put a damper on his goal production for hockey this year...
    Thanks bud.....no operation required to set it, but he broke both of the bones just above the wrist

Coley isn't my hockey player, that is Quinn......but being an undersized, late birthday 9 year old in Atom will put a damper on his goal production this year I'm sure

Thanks bud.....no operation required to set it, but he broke both of the bones just above the wrist

Coley isn't my hockey player, that is Quinn......but being an undersized, late birthday 9 year old in Atom will put a damper on his goal production this year I'm sure
    My bad......

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar

Absolutely correct. I've only seen 2 people in the last 2 years that couldn't. One of them lived in Manotick/greely when we first went out to that area. Take 4-5 days to port the number for Bell to Rogers.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    I'll throw my 2 cents in as well. I have had roger's home phone for several years now and have not had a single issue. It certainly gives good value when you have other services with them.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I would not put all the eggs into one basket... If you enter a disagreement with them, it would be very painful and time consuming to switch... Yet, I hear that you can "save" quite a bit.

I only have basic cable with them and it looks that is as far I would be willing to give business to rogers. I am still having flashbacks on some service support calls from a few years back....
    Last edited by 314314; 09-22-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I switched a while back and I'm happy with the service. The only word of warning, if your cable service goes down for any reason and you don't have a cell phone, you're pooched until it's back up and running.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

Rogers Wireless ends system access charge

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/698932 Yet, the article also mentions at the end... "But let's not make any bones about it, you're not going to end up paying less at the end of the day if you are a Rogers customer."

Thread Information