100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Signing An Incorrect Scorecard

When qualifying for our Intersectional Team, we use Stableford points to determine team members.

On the scorecard the marker was asked to mark the player's score for the hole and the Stableford points earned.

When the player attests his scorecard, is he marking for the correct hole by hole score, or is he marking for the correct Stableford points for that hole?

A player attested for a bogey 5 for a hole, but 2 points was marked for the points, indicating that a PAR was made. I need to find out what he actually scored on the hole to determine what should be done next.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    A player attested for a bogey 5 for a hole, but 2 points was marked for the points, indicating that a PAR was made. I need to find out what he actually scored on the hole to determine what should be done next.
    The rules say that the marker is *ONLY* responsible for marking down the gross score for the hole. I would think that this means that the player is signing for the gross score, and it is the committee which awards the points based on the score signed for.

Rule 32. Bogey, Par and Stableford Competitions

32-1. Conditions
    Bogey, par and Stableford competitions are forms of stroke play in which play is against a fixed score at each hole. The Rules for stroke play, so far as they are not at variance with the following specific Rules, apply.

a. Bogey and Par Competitions
    The scoring for bogey and par competitions is made as in match play. Any hole for which a competitor makes no return is regarded as a loss. The winner is the competitor who is most successful in the aggregate of holes.

The marker is responsible for marking only the gross number of strokes for each hole where the competitor makes a net score equal to or less than the fixed score.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey
    The rules say that the marker is *ONLY* responsible for marking down the gross score for the hole. I would think that this means that the player is signing for the gross score, and it is the committee which awards the points based on the score signed for.

Rule 32. Bogey, Par and Stableford Competitions

32-1. Conditions
    Bogey, par and Stableford competitions are forms of stroke play in which play is against a fixed score at each hole. The Rules for stroke play, so far as they are not at variance with the following specific Rules, apply.

a. Bogey and Par Competitions
    The scoring for bogey and par competitions is made as in match play. Any hole for which a competitor makes no return is regarded as a loss. The winner is the competitor who is most successful in the aggregate of holes.

The marker is responsible for marking only the gross number of strokes for each hole where the competitor makes a net score equal to or less than the fixed score.
    Thanks M for the reply. I found this in the Rule book as well and and have already dealt with the consequences. Some of the boys will have to play better to qualify.

Thread Information