100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

leftylucas vs nokids

8 stokes difference between our handicaps, at the beginning i thought "this isn't going to be fair", i'm gonna smoke this guy. then i ended up shooting 102 or something ridiculous like that, while steady leftyluc got an 89.

he was up 3 with 4 holes to go, and i narrowed the gap to 1 up with 1 to go. but i didn't have a stroke adv on 18, so i had to win the hole. i smelled playoffs after my second shot on the par 4 18th was on the green, while his was under a tree near the cart path. leftyluc chipped his ball within 10 feet and sank the putt to tie the hole with me.

great recovery under pressure and darkness Luc!

my handicap probably got much worse thanks to this round so i'll probably have 9 strokes in the bank for our rematch.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Rematch

Well my HC is down to 11 or something so the rematch will have to wait until the spring but I will not let you off the hook that easy next time.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

i blame my walmart clubs for losing to you last year. my new equipment upgrades are going to make me an unstoppable freak of nature on the golf course.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Ah, yes, the false hope of new clubs, the basis for the never ending new clubs out every year. Seriously though, I am sure they will definitely help but not as much as lessons and practice. I was in the middle of lessons and swing changes when I played you and after that I managed to bring the HC down quite a bit. I am looking forward to a rematch. My own personal philosophy is that a clutch putt is better than a new club anyday.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

i'm realistic. new sticks certainly wont fix a bad swing, bad alignment, bad course management, etc. . . i dont know how much of a disadvantage playing with a $280 set of clubs was. once i get my new clubs fitted for my swing i can concentrate on practicing, lessons, and not worrying about inferior clubs holding me back.

Where do you want the rematch? we played chateau cartier last time.

I am open, maybe Sorcier, nice track. I am sure your new clubs will help a lot, your swing was not bad at all.
    Lefty Lucas

i assume you live in quebec. which of the ontario courses would you like to play?

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    No offence intended, NoKids, but I've played with Luke. You had better negotiate a sufficient number of strokes from him, if you expect to win. That man is tougher than overcooked steak.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    No offence intended, NoKids, but I've played with Luke. You had better negotiate a sufficient number of strokes from him, if you expect to win. That man is tougher than overcooked steak.
    teflon-luc. lol. i have a good chance to win if i grow a spine. last time we played i had the toughness of a jellyfish.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    teflon-luc. lol. i have a good chance to win if i grow a spine. last time we played i had the toughness of a jellyfish.
    world's deadliest animal in the oceans? the box jellyfish.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    world's deadliest animal in the oceans? the box jellyfish.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Nokids, there are a few tracks that I do not particularly enjoy, I will play just about anywhere as long as the conditions and the greens are good, Outaouais is nice, tough too.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Nokids, there are a few tracks that I do not particularly enjoy, I will play just about anywhere as long as the conditions and the greens are good, Outaouais is nice, tough too.
    Tell me if you like any of these courses:

Loch March
    Greensmere
    Meadows

i haven't tried Stonebridge yet, but I'd like to try it this year.

Man, you are funny, I like Greensmere, Meadows is OK too, Loch March is very nice but very $$
    Lefty Lucas

it's january and we're discussing which course to play. lol. premature egolfulation for sure.

We will figure something out for sure, nice thinking about it though.
    Lefty Lucas

i sometimes go to google maps and imagine playing the different courses. i played hunt club the other day. that's the only way i'll ever get in that place.

leftyluc, are you with EG, CG, or RM?

I am a full member of RM and also a member of the last minute club at Exec Golf.
    Lefty Lucas

Nice! I'm with RM. so we have lots of fabulous courses to choose from for our re-match. do you think courses like Smiths Falls and Perth will open before the Ottawa/Gatineau courses?

Its likely as some of those get less snow than we do but you never know. With this forecast its very promising for the next 2 weeks in my eyes.
    Lefty Lucas

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Nice! I'm with RM. so we have lots of fabulous courses to choose from for our re-match. do you think courses like Smiths Falls and Perth will open before the Ottawa/Gatineau courses?
    No! Both have been very wet the last few years. Mapleview in Perth is open early but not Perth G.C. or Smiths Falls G.C.C.. They will be about the same time as Ott/Gat. a little further south will open early. Kingston area had 0 snow last week when I was down that way.

yes your right Matt, Mapleview was pretty good. That would be my first choice.
    Lefty Lucas

I am guessing the match play ladder will be set up on this website after April 15th, when the handicapping stats are tracked?

I've got a list of people to beat down this year:

Teflon Luc @ chateau cartier.
    Kilroy @ Manderley
    Goochy @ Greyhawk
    Out of the Rough @ Meadows
    rezadue @ hotmail.com
    D. Andr. @ hunt club

That's quite a list, your going to be busy
    Lefty Lucas

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    No ladder this year. No matches were played after mid aug and I think only 20 or so games were played at all.

There is also a new version of the forum coming that is incompatible with the ladder system. There may be a ladder update in the future. If so we may give it another try then, but I think ladders are easier to play on for computer games and chess.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    That's quite a list, your going to be busy
    April 15 Luc. It's a Thursday. Make sure you've booked the day off from work! Unless you're retired, then make sure you've booked the day off from bingo!

I am not retired so no need to book off or delay an appearance at bingo. Why, did you get the day off from being the bingo caller that day? BTW, why should I book a day off just to hand you your dinner?? Do you need the next 2 weeks to get your game in order? I actually will be able to play you in the mid-afternoon. Now I originally thought you wanted to play elsewhere this time. CC may or may not be open. In any case I am not shying away from any game.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    April 15 Luc. It's a Thursday. Make sure you've booked the day off from work! Unless you're retired, then make sure you've booked the day off from bingo!
    OK, maybe it's just me.......but that was a funny line!!

i'm still a jedi in training, and will need more than 2 weeks to get my game in order. however, the day of reckoning is coming for you Luc. coming very soon....

a little offtopic, but i called hunt club today and left a message on their voicebox asking them if i could use their range while i waited for my membership to be processed. what do you think theo will do?
    a) delete my message while roflhao
    b) reply with a "um, no"
    c) forward my message to his coworkers as an office joke.

Thread Information