100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    guyinottawa

World Golf Ranking?

Anybody know how this system works? I hear there is quite of bit of grey area...

guyinottawa

hmmm...

So looks like everyone is as in the dark as I am!

:freak5

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by guyinottawa
    Anybody know how this system works? I hear there is quite of bit of grey area...

I found this, good luck understanding it :errrr

http://www.officialworldgolfranking.....sps?iType=425
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

guyinottawa

hmmm

Didn't think it was easy as 1-2-3... thanks for the info though

Pitching Wedge Vulcan is on a distinguished road

#1 player???

Tiger could actually lose his #1 ranking this weekend.

If Els wins and Tiger finishes outside the top 6, Tiger drops to #2. If Tiger misses the cut and Vijay wins then Tiger drops to #2.

Anybody out there want to see this???

I sure do...

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    What? And see Tiger take yet another Hissy Fit???

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh I wanna watch
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan

If Els wins and Tiger finishes outside the top 6, Tiger drops to #2. If Tiger misses the cut and Vijay wins then Tiger drops to #2.

I sure do...
    If Tiger falls out of the #1 spot before mid-August, he will not break Greg Norman's record of consecutive weeks at #1.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    IMO-keep your hopes high and your fingers crossed, I don't think that gonna happen.
    Tiger will stay on top and he has a good chance of winning the US open better than anybody else. It's high time for him to win and he's been very close last few tournaments. . Also Vijay is very likely to stop him, I wouldn't put my money on it. Whatever the outcome, four days of shot making and fierce competition is what I am looking forward to watching on TV besides Euro 2004.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    IMO-keep your hopes high and your fingers crossed, I don't think that gonna happen.
    Tiger will stay on top and he has a good chance of winning the US open better than anybody else. It's high time for him to win and he's been very close last few tournaments. . Also Vijay is very likely to stop him, I wouldn't put my money on it. Whatever the outcome, four days of shot making and fierce competition is what I am looking forward to watching on TV besides Euro 2004.
    I hope Tiger wins the next 3 majors in record breaking style.

Do you Tiger Lovers get in an all out sweat fest if you dont see him on top of the leaderboard? Will you have bad dreams at night if he isnt no.1?

The guy is just that, a guy who plays a mean game of golf, nothing more.

Predictions.......Tiger wont win, place or show.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Predictions.......Tiger wont win, place or show.
    I agree, Tiger isn't back on his game, so I don't know what game the tiger-ophiles are watching....

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road

Tiger's not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan

I sure do...
    Tiger will remain #1 for the rest of the year...guaranteed. He might not win the Open but he will still be #1 after it's over. There are so many guys out there who have a chance of winning the Open, Davis Love, Mike Weir, Padraig Harrington and of course the favorites like Els, Singh and Woods, but I guarantee you Tiger will still be #1 after the Open.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    Tiger will remain #1 for the rest of the year...guaranteed. He
    And what are you putting up if you're wrong? Making a guarantee is only good if you're willing to lose something if you aren't correct in your assumption. If I take your "guarantee" to my bookie, and bet on Tiger, and lose, will you cover my ante and the juice money I have to dole out? Didn't think so....

I hope Tiger drops like a rock. Lately he's really bugged me, almost as much as the people who make him out to be a god of some kind...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Lately he's really bugged me, almost as much as the people who make him out to be a god of some kind...

Lately???????

Waht took so long???

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Vijay is mostly absent when Tiger is in the field. Therefore, the chances are slim that Vijay wins and Tiger missing the cut this weekend. Els winning with Tiger lower then 6th is more likely to happen.

The only way that I would appreciate Tiger slipping to number two is for him to be on his game and beaten by Els or whom ever. Tiger has been hitting poor tee shots in every tournaments and he has been in contention in all but one tournament. If he is on his game his chances are good. Vijay.....well he missed a cut this year. Do you remember when Tiger missed the cut?

I would not be surprised that somebody else then the big 4 wins this week ends like a more accurate shorter player like Verplank.

You not what, I’m maybe a Tiger lover but it is because of Tiger that I play golf today. I picked up my first club 8 years ago when Tiger first started to dominate the tour. I never looked back.

Go Tiger, I hope you tare that course apart.
    Last edited by mberube; 06-16-2004 at 03:48 PM.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Bashers

Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    Vijay is mostly absent when Tiger is in the field.
    Nah, it just seems that way because they don't show anyone else on TV other than Tiger.....

Dan

Nah, it just seems that way because they don't show anyone else on TV other than Tiger.....

Dan
    Keep watching soccer

hahaha

He was ................. but it was really Tiger kicking Frank the headcover around during one of his hissy fits.

Eagle Deep Woods is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    If he is on his game his chances are good.
    If he's on his game, he's unstoppable, i agree...but he isn't on his game...

Watching soccer every day! Love it! Looking forward to making that choice on Saturday when the US Open is on TV and my Czechs are looking to clinch a berth in the second round of Euro. Going to be a tough one!!!

Dan

He was ................. but it was really Tiger kicking Frank the headcover around during one of his hissy fits.

Classic! You should work for Nike. The commercial could have Tiger with Pavel Nedved or Zinadine Zidane, kicking a ball around, then playing some golf. Tiger gets pissed off because he duffs a shot, then kicks Frank, and Frank says something clever like "where was that on the pitch?"

Stupid Tiger...........

Dan

For the Bashers:

Quote Originally Posted by cnn sport
    Don't get famous. Don't get really, really good at anything that people would want to watch.

Don't be particularly photogenic, either, with a flashy smile and an easy grace. Don't climb to the pinnacle of your profession and look like you're going to stay there for a long, long time.

Don't make millions and millions of dollars and then some. Don't get so quietly confident at what you do that your competition quivers like chickens in front of a KFC.

Whatever you do -- whatever you do -- don't wish you had Tiger Woods' life.

You know, in the height of his popularity, when he couldn't leave his hotel room for fear of getting mobbed and his image was plastered on everything from underwear to French fries, Michael Jordan never had more people pulling for him to fail.

Woods has seen his share of that already. And, already, he must know that he hasn't seen the worst of it.

"He is so unbelievably perfect, so unfeasibly clean and tidy. The Tiger adjectival lexicon has become familiar to us all -- poised, fluent, graceful, flawless," wrote a London writer the other day on the eve of the British Open. "It is difficult to believe the gleaming packaging contains a human being."

What is it with all these Tiger bashers, huh? They're all over the place, if you look, people who want to rip into Tiger, root against him and get all gleeful when he doesn't win.

Maybe it's simply the fickleness of fame: The bigger you are and the richer you are, the more people want to see you fall and all that rot.

But this is a young athlete, still not at the top of his game, who is dominating golf like few others ever have. He has become an idol to millions all around the world. He is, in effect, re-inventing the old game.

No, he's not perfect. He's told a risqué joke or two. He's been known to curse. He is, by many accounts, fairly cold and calculating when it comes to his career.

You want more reasons to bash Tiger? The man seems to be on every commercial across America, for Pete's sake. He is shoved down our throats by Nike, by Wheaties, by you name it. When a new golf magazine launched recently -- well, you know who was on its cover. When any magazine, in fact, gets a chance to put Tiger out front, he's there.

Enough of anybody, you know, is enough.

But, c'mon. Golf hasn't had someone this dominant since Jack Nicklaus in his heyday. Woods owns the sport.

How good can this guy be?

To watch him unleash an impossibly long drive off the most torqued-up swing you ever saw, to watch him blast out of the rough, to see him stand solidly over a long putt and pump his fist after dropping it -- heck, it can actually get you excited about golf. Even non-golfers have to appreciate the passion and the commitment this young man has for the game.

He is huge, the most popular athlete on the planet today, but you know what Woods thinks about? Not drugs and chicks and making a rap album and acting. Not his next contract. Not about getting respect or getting his face on another billboard.

He thinks about bettering Nicklaus' record of 18 majors.

Sure, people love to bring down the mighty. We love to look for chinks. The problem is, if you spend your time looking for the little imperfections, you end up missing the big stuff.

So, as far as nitpicking Tiger goes, as far as trying to find the flaws, it's all really simple.

Don't. You'll miss out on all the fun.
    It's time now to clean up your garbage guys.

I would Farzin but that was too much to swallow.

Seriously though............... that is one man's writing and for each of them there is someone who can write just as elequantly in the opposite end of the discussion.

I and most others agree about his game and if that was the only thing we were debating, then yes you and the other Tiger Lovers are right about how good his game is (well at least for now how good it was).

But let's face it, the guy is not a very personable person when he should be with all that golf has given him. Dont go there with the "what he has done for golf" crap, I know what he has done for golf.

More people buying his clubs, his shoes, his shirts, his pants, his underwear with the flap on the back end, his balls etc. etc. etc.

Oh wait, let's not forget the extra people crowding us on the golf courses every weekend, the beginer golfers (not all of them of course and I am being a tad general here), who doesnt know much about the etiquette or the game, that standing there on the green with the pin in the grass and scraping his new Nike shoes across it without fixing the mark he left, the 100 ball marks they leave on every green. Shall I go on my good buddy?

That's just too much inane crap for me to swallow. So some guy is a big Tiger fan. Whoopie!!! Farzin, do you keep that little blurb under your pillow or in your golf bag? Come on!!! That's pure nonsense, written with the lamest sports rhetoric ever.

Big deal, so I want to bash Tiger. That's my business, and nobody can really argue with me without doing exactly what I'm doing. It's just the other side of the coin. Without heads, tails is meaningless.

Screw Tiger. I hope he flames out even more now that I've wasted my precious 20 seconds reading that insanely long defence of him.

Dan

Oh, and to be clear about it, I do care what you have to say Farzin, just don't particularly care to read re-feed statements from someone that may well have been originally written in a different context. I don't have the time to go searching through a million posts to see what that guy was responding to.

Cheers,
    Dan

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

But let's face it, the guy is not a very personable person when he should be with all that golf has given him. Dont go there with the "what he has done for golf" crap, I know what he has done for golf.
    Neither was Ben Hogan!

Oh wait, let's not forget the extra people crowding us on the golf courses every weekend, the beginer golfers (not all of them of course and I am being a tad general here), who doesnt know much about the etiquette or the game, that standing there on the green with the pin in the grass and scraping his new Nike shoes across it without fixing the mark he left, the 100 ball marks they leave on every green. Shall I go on my good buddy?
    We all started somewhere! Didn’t you?

Oh, and to be clear about it, I do care what you have to say Farzin, just don't particularly care to read re-feed statements from someone that may well have been originally written in a different context. I don't have the time to go searching through a million posts to see what that guy was responding to.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Ahhhh those reporters!!!!

We all started somewhere! Didn’t you?
    Yes we did. And yes I did. But I was also taught by my father that golf is to be enjoyed by all. As a 16 year old learning to golf, I was tought that we should leave the course as you found it. Fix ball marks, rake sand traps, replace divots, pick up the garbage even if it's not yours. A little consideration for others goes a long way.

Thread Information