100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar

mods on a power trip here?

within 5 minutes this thread will disappear. and i'll be pm'd by a moderator, probably kilroy to send him a message privately about this issue, or my account will get banned. whatever.

why is it that many posts i put up here disappear without a trace? why is it that some of my posts get edited (by mods i imagine), and only half of it shows up and the other half gets deleted? i understand this is a private website and all, but the posts that are getting deleted are not breaking any rules of this forum. NONE. it's as if, talking a little off topic is enough for mods to delete a post. it's a MESSAGE BOARD. on the INTERNET. get with it.

i dont know if i'm being singled out, or this happens to other people, but i see posts that are far more stupid than mine however the modNazi isn't going around deleting their posts. Maybe they've been here longer than me, or they're buddies with the guy, i dont know and i'm speculating. but i'm ** off about this. i bit my tongue about this the first 3 or 4 times this happened but i'm livid right now. YOU CAN TELL BY THE CAPITAL LETTERS.

anyway, if this is my last post, it was nice knowing a few of you. i might check in to this website to arrange games but the way the mods run this board i dont feel like contributing anything. Not when your freedom of speech is being trampled by some geek on a power trip. i frankly want an apology or at least an explanation; but since i know i wont be getting one, I am out!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    wow, grumpy.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Happy you have No kids...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Relax a bit and think back on the posts you made, the context they were delivered in, the relevance to threads and if you were offending anyone. Dan keeps a tight lock on stuff around here but there's a reason for everything. A post like this isn't very bright, PM Kilroy and ask him about your posts instead of raising a hissy fit.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I personally haven't looked at any of your posts, but if they have been deleted it was for good reason. We as mods don't go on "power trips" around here. Kilroy has set out specific instructions on how to moderate the site, and we all do it diligently. And just a thought for you, posting here is a privilege and not a right. This is Kilroy's personal business, and we are all visitors here. If you don't like it here there are many other forums out there that you can visit.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Yes stuff gets deleted that is unacceptable. It's up to the mods to keep a standard and not everything is spelled out in the rules, since it would be far too much to expect people to read. Usually when someone has a few posts edited they understand pretty quickly that it's not "anything goes" here.

modNatzi? Nice. BTW name calling (personal attacks) is most definately against the forum rules.

If you wish you may PM me with the specifics of the post edits that you feel violated your civil rights. Calling me out in the open forum is not usually someone's first move. Your PMs this morning were focused on your problems with understanding the ladder reporting. There was no mention of this complaint until now. An opportunity to address the situation with you in private would have been nice.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    let me introduce you to bombsquadgolf.com. If you think the mods are on a trip here (which they aren't) you go visit that site.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I think it's a testament to Dan and company that they didn't delete this thread.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

I have grown a tough skin over the years.

Had the thread been about a local facility we would have deleted it. The OP came in here and ripped us, without so much as contacting the facility's management first. That in itself is "Facility Bashng" and also against the forum rules. Still, he maintains that he follows the forum rules in his post.

I left it up because it's an opportunity to stand up for the standards we maintain here. I see too many forums or comment systems that have gone into the abyss of disrespect.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 09-13-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    there was really no point for me to complain publicly about this issue. it was a mistake on my part. my emotions got the better of me and i apologize.

you might as well call me the Joe Wilson of Ottawa. i'd like to close/delete this thread so i can address my concerns to the site's admins in private. thank you.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Closed.

Thread Information