100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    At Sorcier on Thursday, for the first time since I got sick, I drove the ball over 250! Nailed one on one of those short par 4s on teh back 9, 270 yards down the middle! I almost started to cry, seriously. Didn't think I'd ever hit the ball that far again. Should be a great year next year.
    Well done Donny! Keep it up!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Well done Donny! Keep it up!
    Thanks LW. The expression 'you never know what you have until it's gone' can be applied to many things. For me, who was raised to compete in sports since I was probably about 4 years old, having my abilities taken from me has been extremely difficult. Golf is my final sport really, and although I've never been great, having the strength to slam one over 300 yards was fun and a matter of pride! Now that I'm getting to learn the actual game, and starting to hit it well again + course management, I think I'm starting a whole new chapter. I truly believe I have an 80 in me, maybe even a 78. God I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Par Sparkplug is on a distinguished road Sparkplug's Avatar

Long drive

The older I get the longer I was.

Sand Wedge yesnicky is on a distinguished road
    I put it pin high on the tractor hole at greensmere, somewhere around 300. Couldn't of hit it any better

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    No matter how hard I try, I cant seem to hit it any farther than my current longest...which I have done on several holes however. 343yds, couple times on par 4's, couple times on par 5's. Some were wind assisted, some were not. Lets just say the stars aligned, the moon shined bright, and I left my shoes waaaayyy behind.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Usual length for me is 240-250, but I had a few at 300 this past week at Heritage. All of them have elevated tee-boxes.

Sand Wedge RLAM is on a distinguished road

Mexico

My longest drive ever was playing the
    Playacar course in the Mayan riviera in March, hit it 410yrd on a par 5, went Driver, LW for an eagle. Crazyest drive EVER, we didn't see where it landed and as we walked up, one of the mexican maintnance crew came running over yelling that it was the longest shot he'd ever seen and that it was about 90yrds from the green.

Nice way to start the first round of the year

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAM View Post
    My longest drive ever was playing the
    Playacar course in the Mayan riviera in March, hit it 410yrd on a par 5, went Driver, LW for an eagle. Crazyest drive EVER, we didn't see where it landed and as we walked up, one of the mexican maintnance crew came running over yelling that it was the longest shot he'd ever seen and that it was about 90yrds from the green.

Nice way to start the first round of the year
    Downhill? Hurricane season? This is longer than most of the longest drives hit out of every event in a pga season (it would have been #17 on tour this year). I'm not completely doubting you, but there has to be something more to this. Perhaps it came a little to close to the maintanance workers, so they "helped" you out a bit.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Hit one 426 yards yesterday on Tiger Wodds 2009. Other than that, at Edelweiss a few years back hit one about 300 on a par 5 dog leg down a hill. Hit a rock or something and got a huge kick as I usually only drive the ball about 220.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Hit one 345 yards(GPS measured) at the Canadian hole#8 par 5 and had a pw wedge in. It was in a tournament playing best ball and we already had one in the fairway so I took a violent lash at it. Wind-aided and it took a huge first bounce. Fortunately it was the long drive hole for the tourney too.

Sand Wedge RLAM is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    Downhill? Hurricane season? This is longer than most of the longest drives hit out of every event in a pga season (it would have been #17 on tour this year). I'm not completely doubting you, but there has to be something more to this. Perhaps it came a little to close to the maintanance workers, so they "helped" you out a bit.

Not hurricane season but there was lots of wind at my back, and the fairways were extremely dry, I hit the drive probably 310 but as soon as it hit the fairway it just rolled forever. By no measn am i claiming to be able to fly a ball 400yrs thats would just be insane

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Gotta love those dry fairways, here locally Les Vieux Moulins has finally dried out from all of the rain this year and is adding 10-15% to every drive.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAM View Post
    Not hurricane season but there was lots of wind at my back, and the fairways were extremely dry, I hit the drive probably 310 but as soon as it hit the fairway it just rolled forever. By no measn am i claiming to be able to fly a ball 400yrs thats would just be insane
    Nice! The dry fairways certainly change the game. I think this summer in our region has certainly proven that. I can't believe how many drives this year have been getting no roll because of the wet raining conditions. It has been a good year for practicing mid-irons.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Pineview a couple of weeks ago. Hole #10 yardage from white was 345. Played ProV1 X for the round but for that hole, used Top flite D2 Distance... Buddy and I walked if off from center of green, 35 paces to the ball. So 310 with at least a third of it rolled.. but middle of the fairway!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    A couple of weeks ago, i played in a best-ball tournament and won the longest drive hole of 260 yards in the middle of the fairway. Far short from you long ball hitters but not bad from a little guy

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, i played in a best-ball tournament and won the longest drive hole of 260 yards in the middle of the fairway. Far short from you long ball hitters but not bad from a little guy
    Congrats! That SUMO square is drawing well for you I see..
    BTW, How often you little guys have your tournament?

Putter high_cap is on a distinguished road
    I have been battling my driver all season long but i get a hold of it, watch out. I have had a lot of beauties, 275+ but the longest drive of the season was at Touraine, hole #6. The hole distance is 318 yards and i hit to the edge of the green, around 300 yards.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little ry View Post
    I'm glad you've learned the importance of proper dieting. When you consume too much sugar your insulin levels rise and plummet like never before and it leaves you drained and loggy. Same with not consuming enough protein. Your body craves amino acids and begins to feed off itself without an adequate supply.

Cheers
    While I agree that the above helps I have seen people hit it a ton and they do not follow any strength training program or proper dieting.
    I would tend to believe that proper swinging does more for long drives than the above but that is just my 0.02 worth.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information