CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Thoughts on the 2001 PGA Tour season

Tiger: :brownsung
    #1 in the world. Tiger played against himself. Even when he played poorly, it was by his standards. I get a kick out of him when he talks about how bad his swing is when he just laped the field.

Phil Michelson:
    #2 in the world. Hard to believe... Best Sunday choker in history.

David Duval: :sleep
    #3 in the world. Biggest dissapointment. I thought for a while that he was gonna put preassure on Tiger, but he has really faded away. It is ok with me though, I like to see a bit of spark in a player, and watching David is like watching paint dry. It is one thing to reatain your composure on the course, but you could at least crack a smile when you knock it stiff. Get a personality... Please!

Ernie Els
    #4 in the world. Did he play this season? How do you get to #4 and barely be seen? I wish the TV producers would show a bit more of the non-Tiger players.

Mike Wier :readheart
    #12 in the world. This lad makes me proud. I figure next season he will be in the top 10. GO Mike GO!

John Daly:
    #52 in the world. Gotta be the comeback of the year in my book. He went form 507 in the world rankings at the beginning of the year to as high as No. 47 , but last week, he fell to 52, which will keep him out of the Masters (top 50).
    This guy made the Royal Montreal look like a pitch and putt.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Nobody can argue - Tiger had another great year even if he wasn't satisfied with it himself. As good as he is I too am getting tired of watching Tiger stand around, & scratch his butt while other players hit it stiff.
    Phil Mickelson - this guy can hit every shot in the book & then some, but give him a wedge from the fairway & he's useless. I think the more Amy stays away from the course the better Phil will play.
    Duval - looked like he was going to have a better year than he ended up having. I look for him top get back to his old form next year. Still had a decent year.
    Ernie Els - ?????????? What the heck is going on with this guy? He still plays right? Hopefully the Big Easy will have a better year next year. He's any easy guy to cheer for.
    Mike Weir - only getting better, I wish he got more camera time. Bet your bottom dollar if he had a swoosh on his hat we'd see a lot more of him.
    John Daly - great to see big John get his act together. Playing overseas has done a lot of good for his confidence, hopefully he can continue his good play next year.
    Looking forward to seeing Ian Leggat & Ty Tryon next year!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ty can't play full time until he turns 18. In mid summer I think.
    He missed his innauguration, because he had to go home and turn in an english paper on "To Kill Mockingbird"

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Ditto on your comments Dan. I hadn't see Ernie since the Mercedes at the beginning of the season.

In my opinion...the biggest disappointment was Phil Mickelson. He had soooo many chances to win big this year including a major. I though he had that major nailed down this time.

Mike Weir had a great year and still showing signs of improvement. Looking forward o seeing him in January.

John Daly....what can you say. I thought he was a lost soul and then he stepped it up and got his life in order. Congratulations John for the comeback of the year.

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Another surprise for me was Goosen, this guy can play!

I think Bernhardt Langer must get honourable mention for comeback of the year.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    In my opinion..Bernhard Langer never lost his game, he's always been a good solid player. He's always scored very high in the Order of Merit but in 2001 he played more on the PGA Tour.

Thread Information