CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood wopstergolf is on a distinguished road wopstergolf's Avatar

Sens goin after the Dominator...Opinions?

Personally I think it's a great move on their part. Lalime has shown in the past that when the pressure mounts, he looses his cool. Hasek is a proven winner and over the past 10 years has been one of the top three goaltenders in the league.

What do you all think?

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wopstergolf
    Personally I think it's a great move on their part. Lalime has shown in the past that when the pressure mounts, he looses his cool. Hasek is a proven winner and over the past 10 years has been one of the top three goaltenders in the league.

What do you all think?
    No one in their right mind is going to say that trying to get hasek is a bad move. Of course its a good move. But lets not get too excited until he's actually wearing a sens jersey

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wopstergolf
    Personally I think it's a great move on their part. Lalime has shown in the past that when the pressure mounts, he looses his cool. Hasek is a proven winner and over the past 10 years has been one of the top three goaltenders in the league. What do you all think?
    Hasek's good but he is injury-prone and his only Stanley Cup came with a Detroit team that was loaded with all-stars. Lalime did not have a good season, but he played well in the playoffs and he is not the reason they lost to Toronto.

If they were going after Martin Brodeur or Eddie Belfour, I would get excited. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Hasek is going to be a bust.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Hasek's good but he is injury-prone and his only Stanley Cup came with a Detroit team that was loaded with all-stars. Lalime did not have a good season, but he played well in the playoffs and he is not the reason they lost to Toronto.

If they were going after Martin Brodeur or Eddie Belfour, I would get excited. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Hasek is going to be a bust.
    Going after Belfour???? That's insane!!!! Not a chance in hell they'd ever do that, if only for PR reasons. Other reasons would include the fact that he didn't make it a whole lot further than Lalime did this season, and that he's a raging alcoholic with a tendency to get into off-ice trouble with the law. I can think of a billion reasons NOT to go after Belfour....

Can't go after Brodeur because he's still under contract to Jersey, and don't think Lamoriello will trade his stud player any time soon.

Hasek represents a very positive long-term acquisition, provided that he doesn't decide to go back to the Czech Republic. He's Martin Prusek's boyhood idol, and has the charisma to make one of the best goaltending coaches that the league has ever seen. He'd be the Czech version of Tretiak.

As for his injury-prone history of late, that's true if all you are considering is his on-ice presence. But he has undergone many evaluations following his recent groin surgery, and apparently came out with a clean bill of health. I can't think of a better offseason move than this one (potentially). The only thing now is will Ottawa up the ante on his base guaranteed salary, or will STL, VAN or another team step up and high-ball us........?

Dan - Canada's biggest Hasek fan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    It's a moot point. There's going to be a lockout, Hasek will go play in Europe and then retire again. Or, he may just retire.

Oops, almost forgot. He may even sign with a WHA team.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information