Hey Fellas---got a problem (one of many )

We have our PC for email--booking golf--paying bills on line --general info and a little surfing for info----nothing too complicated

Running Windows XP and all necessary thingys to make it work--AVG free Anti Virus---Bell Modem and a D LINK-----33 programs running in the background-just operating things--no games music or anything

I am no compiter whiz--my wife does clean-up once a week --defragments etc and tell me "DONT TOUCH ANYTHING" !

Here's the problem

I turn the machine on in the morning and it takes a minute to load etc---no problem

I have my desk top icons---golf weather--explorer etc

Click on an icon and sometimes takes 30 seconds to load site---????

Site is loaded--now I want to change pages within that site sometimes it can take over a minute to do that---I dont think that's normal ??? It has taken over 6 minutes---you can watch the activity bar loading.

Some sites--no problem--others unreal---this is a computer not the phone book !!!!

Is it simply that some sites do not have the proper amount of back-up hardware to be able to recieve the amount of traffic they are gettingor is it a problem with my unit ?

We presently have Bell Lite but are changing to Storm Internet next week---presently have 1 GPS and but will have 5 GPS for the same price---just trying to make sure I am doing my homework first

NOT CHANGING PROVIDERS BECAUSE OF SPEED ISSUE----MAINLY BECAUSE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUE. I find it hard to believe that a once highly respected company has a lower customer approval rating than Crappy Tire
BIG IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER

Any thought would be appreciated--Thanks guys---Brian