CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Your Season Finishing Prediction

September is here, let's get some predictions on how your golf season is going to end. Season best scores or an all-time best score coming???
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

4 Iron jens is on a distinguished road jens's Avatar

shorter days....

My game is really coming into form. Just picked up a great tip from reading a Raymond Floyd article. And shortly it will all come to an end. Some of my better rounds always come in the fall. They are a good reminder for the following season.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    I've just joined Greensmere for next year with free play for the rest of this year. I predict a lot more play and considering some of my best scores have been at Greensmere, I predict my best of the year is to come in September/October.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I intend to play a lot more golf before the season is over. To reivigorate myself, I decided not to play today. As it is, I have been playing every day this summer. Yesterday, I noticed that after nine I started daydreaming. It was time for a break. One day should do it.

Given how I have been striking the ball, I would hope to shoot under par. A three under 69 should be possible, if I can get the putter going. The two of us (much like Kenny Perry and his former caddie whos was uncerimoniously given the boot by Kenny's agent) have not be communicating! So here's my prediction - a subpar round this weekend. Now that's going out on a limb.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    a week ago i would have said to break 100.. but have since been there, done that.. haha.

now im going to predict a personal best round of 94 including my first ever birdie.. i think thats a realistic goal and prediciton for me..

Quote Originally Posted by iggsplode View Post
    a week ago i would have said to break 100.. but have since been there, done that.. haha.

now im going to predict a personal best round of 94 including my first ever birdie.. i think thats a realistic goal and prediciton for me..

If you are shooting under 100 you must be very close to getting a birdie(s) at least a few times a round.

I got my first Eagle ever this year after maybe only having 10 par 5's where I was on in two in all my years of playing.

BTW. I've yet to break 90 - hit it quite a few times and broke it with ESC, but have never been able to break it in reality. There always seems to be a snowman sandwiched between pars.

Breaking 90 is my goal for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    If you are shooting under 100 you must be very close to getting a birdie(s) at least a few times a round.

I got my first Eagle ever this year after maybe only having 10 par 5's where I was on in two in all my years of playing.

BTW. I've yet to break 90 - hit it quite a few times and broke it with ESC, but have never been able to break it in reality. There always seems to be a snowman sandwiched between pars.

Breaking 90 is my goal for this year.
    yip, i usually do get a couple birdie putts per round, they're no stranger to me.. but making the putt is.. i distinctly remember blowing a couple near tap-ins this year that i blamed solely on rushing myself in anticipation... but most of my birdie attempts are long "coast to coast" putts.

the main problem i have are pitch shots. they're the bane of my golfing existance. i have so much trouble placing shots from 25 - 100 yards out. it's all from lack of practicing those shots. with a young child at home and many commitments i cant make it to the range to practice these like i need to. i do get to practice chipping in my backyard in the evenings which has made a world of difference in my game, but having a small backyard, about the inside 25 yarders is about as much as i can practice.

of course i still duff shots especially when im in a situation i can capitalize to set myself up for something cool (like making a birdie putt, or hitting a par 5 green in 2) i've almost eliminated horribly disastrous holes out of my game (might encounter one or two a round at worst) which is why i think shooting a low 90 is easily a doable goal this year. if i can manage to put it all together for one 18 hole segment i should have a monster of a game.. if.. if.. if..

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Not my best season, spent the first couple of months out of commission with a back problem and wasn't feeling like my old self until beginning of August. Feel like I'm peaking now and ready to go. Goals for this year were to break 40 on 9 (breaking 80 for 18 just isn't realistic yet, figure < 40 is half way there) and get an eagle. Still outstanding but I feel I've got it in me.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Want to get a personal best before year end, need to break 86.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I've already hit my "Adult" personal best of 84 this year......I think If I can get out 7-10 more times that I can best that.

My new approach to keeping score relative to Bogie golf rather than Par golf is really helping out on the confidence side of things. Now instead of thinking to myself, crap I'm 7 over after 9 holes I'm thinking that I'm 2 under.......really seems to be making a difference as my last dozen rounds of the year have been a lot better than my earlier efforts

4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road
    I'd like to finally break 100 before the end of the year. I think it's coming, as finally something has "clicked" and I'm hitting the ball better then ever.

Now, If I could stop hitting garbage off the tee!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Since I had a personal best this year, with the limited golf I will be playing I don't expect to best that. I am heading down to Myrtle at the end of October, so the end of my season should be excellent!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrel View Post
    I'd like to finally break 100 before the end of the year. I think it's coming, as finally something has "clicked" and I'm hitting the ball better then ever.

Now, If I could stop hitting garbage off the tee!
    i hear ya.. something just sorta clicked for me 5 or 6 rounds ago and i felt myself getting closer and closer to breaking 100. i shot 2 100's, 2 101's and 2 103's in 6 games in a row before i finally shot a 99 last weekend.. good luck man!!! you'll do it soon and its such a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by iggsplode View Post
    yip, i usually do get a couple birdie putts per round, they're no stranger to me.. but making the putt is.. i distinctly remember blowing a couple near tap-ins this year that i blamed solely on rushing myself in anticipation... but most of my birdie attempts are long "coast to coast" putts.

the main problem i have are pitch shots. they're the bane of my golfing existance. i have so much trouble placing shots from 25 - 100 yards out. it's all from lack of practicing those shots. with a young child at home and many commitments i cant make it to the range to practice these like i need to. i do get to practice chipping in my backyard in the evenings which has made a world of difference in my game, but having a small backyard, about the inside 25 yarders is about as much as i can practice.

of course i still duff shots especially when im in a situation i can capitalize to set myself up for something cool (like making a birdie putt, or hitting a par 5 green in 2) i've almost eliminated horribly disastrous holes out of my game (might encounter one or two a round at worst) which is why i think shooting a low 90 is easily a doable goal this year. if i can manage to put it all together for one 18 hole segment i should have a monster of a game.. if.. if.. if..
    It's usually the disastrous holes that kill me. For instance, I shot a 45 on the front nine at Marshes (during a nine and dine) that included a 10 on the second hole. That was the best ball striking day I've had - except for #2.

I also sometimes can strike the ball very well but not score well. Last weekend I propably had more GIR than ever - but lipped out at least 10 times from all sorts of distances to score 99. (with an snowman on a par 4)

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    It's usually the disastrous holes that kill me. For instance, I shot a 45 on the front nine at Marshes (during a nine and dine) that included a 10 on the second hole. That was the best ball striking day I've had - except for #2.

I also sometimes can strike the ball very well but not score well. Last weekend I propably had more GIR than ever - but lipped out at least 10 times from all sorts of distances to score 99. (with an snowman on a par 4)
    i hear ya there. during my 4 or 5 rounds previous to my 99 last week i thought at times i was easily going to break 100 based on how well i was striking the ball.. however, i quickly came to realize that score wise, duffing a shot 80 yards out to 50 yards isnt much better than hitting it well but coming up 10 yards short of the green..

but what i also realized is i can walk away from that hole happier, or at least not as frustrated, coming up short as opposed to topping or slicing the ball all the way up the fairway, or shooting from bunker to bunker off the green.

GIR = new term to throw in my golfing vocab thanks!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I will have to admit that I haven't played my best golf this year. A terrible slice has worked into my golf game and I haven't been able to fully remedy it. I have been hitting my irons one club shorter this year, even when I flush it and my index has been as high as 3 points higher than last year.

The good news and could be the blessing in disguise is that I have learned to score with the game that I have acquired...which has helped me when as of late I have been able to put a good round together and hit that dreaded wall or bad shot. I am able to work my way through it and somehow get back on track. I believe they call it "bounce back" in the big leagues.

Now if I can just learn to play well on the front nine, I could probably be lower than my previous best of 77. Looking to finish strong with my CC this weekend...gonna have to shoot sub 80's to stand a chance though. Never done that in three consecutive rounds....here's to praying!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    going to break 80 tomorrow morning @ dragonfly. Previous PB is 83, best for the season is 87.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    My putting sucks big time.Not hitting the ball as well as i was a month ago and my score keeps going up.To be expected as this was my 134th game today.It should come around any day now,as we head into fall.Expect to play untill snow,maybe into dec.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Came back to my parents place near Woodstock, ON for the long weekend. Shot 74 today with 5 birdies I'd say 4 shots cost me 6 strokes, so it could have been a great day. But that's my best round in close to 8 years, so I'll take it.

Nice to know I still have it in me

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Shot 74 today with 5 birdies ...it could have been a great day... best round in close to 8 years...
    Please define "great day" It sounds like that was it to me.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Great shooting Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Came back to my parents place near Woodstock, ON for the long weekend. Shot 74 today with 5 birdies I'd say 4 shots cost me 6 strokes, so it could have been a great day. But that's my best round in close to 8 years, so I'll take it.

Nice to know I still have it in me

Fally
    aka Scott
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Please define "great day" It sounds like that was it to me.
    Sorry...much better day! The double bogey on the first and peppering of 5 bogeys on the card throughout the remainder of the round were mostly due to carelessness (a massive chunk and 2 skulled LW's from less than 50 yards).

But I'll take it
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    90 is my best so far. Tomorrow i will make like it's Sunday at the Masters and beat that score!!!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

t minus 3 hours till tee off.. hoping to best my 99 from last week today..

altho i do have a new wedge set in the bag and havent ever really played anything with a greater loft than 48 so who knows what the hell is gonna happen..

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    90 is my best so far. Tomorrow i will make like it's Sunday at the Masters and beat that score!!!
    get 'em next time.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

I'm going to break 90 at Sorcier for the first time (at that course I mean). She's a cruel mistress.
    Last edited by fundonny; 09-06-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I've had a fantastic year of golf so far, and accomplished the most aggressive goal I set out for myself, dropping the handicap 9 strokes from 27 to 18. Now that my occasional triple-bogies get ESC'd down to doubles, I suppose my goal will be to see how much farther I can drop my handicap before the year's out. Perhaps a stretch goal of breaking 40 on one or both of the original 9's at Greensmere (individual best 9's are presently 40 on the white 9, and 41 on the black)
    Wannabe Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    I've had a fantastic year of golf so far, and accomplished the most aggressive goal I set out for myself, dropping the handicap 9 strokes from 27 to 18. Now that my occasional triple-bogies get ESC'd down to doubles, I suppose my goal will be to see how much farther I can drop my handicap before the year's out. Perhaps a stretch goal of breaking 40 on one or both of the original 9's at Greensmere (individual best 9's are presently 40 on the white 9, and 41 on the black)
    Be careful with ESC. If you're 18 on the card, your course handicap should be at least 19 (which is what ESC is based on), which means your max is still a tripple bogey.

I've had a similar situation this year after my index went down. Had to edit a few rounds after I figured it out.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolik View Post
    Be careful with ESC. If you're 18 on the card, your course handicap should be at least 19 (which is what ESC is based on), which means your max is still a tripple bogey.
    As HNDC chair, the gentleman's course handicap is 18 and when ESC is applied, his "max" is, in fact, 2 over par.

As an aside, I still find it a little mind boggling that some golfers actually think that after they have reached their "max" for an individual hole, that they can automatically pick up. ESC is applied when the round is over, when entering an adjusted score, not during the round. Guess that they have never heard of 3-2.

Plus, this player has made amazing strides in improving his overall game.

I actually found it baffling when people picked up their ball instead of finishing a hole. You pay a good amount to play the course, why not play the E N T I R E hole?

Thread Information