100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road

Late season deals?

hey guys,

anyone know of any late season deals starting around now for weekend and/or twlight pricing? i play mainly at kingsway on sat and sun nights after 4:30. it's only 12.50 a round and 5 minutes from my house, so how can I pass that up? but this late in the year it's getting hard to squeeze in 18 before darkness takes over, althoi did it sunday night with as 4:50 tee off time.

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Coupons for Mont Cascades are circulating in the weekend flyer packages. Good deals - $40/person, taxes in with cart.

Quote Originally Posted by macspesh View Post
    Coupons for Mont Cascades are circulating in the weekend flyer packages. Good deals - $40/person, taxes in with cart.
    never played there before but would like to. i have some of those coupons.

kingsway moved twilight up to 3:30 this monday so im happy about that.. would still like to mix it up a bit and take advantage of some late season pricing.

4 Iron jens is on a distinguished road jens's Avatar

good idea

A cart is definetely a good idea there. Unless you are a mountain goat. A few quarky holes, but, over all worth a visit.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    A cart is definetely a good idea there. Unless you are a mountain goat. A few quarky holes, but, over all worth a visit.
    I played there for the first time a couple of Saturdays ago with a wedding group. I wasn't expecting much, but I quite enjoyed it. I was surprised by the back 9 especially. Some nice views from the tee, and some interesting holes. I walked it. The front nine is a fairly easy walk, back 9 is much more up and down.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I played there for the first time a couple of Saturdays ago with a wedding group. I wasn't expecting much, but I quite enjoyed it. I was surprised by the back 9 especially. Some nice views from the tee, and some interesting holes. I walked it. The front nine is a fairly easy walk, back 9 is much more up and down.
    I never played it and didn't know there were so many elevation changes. It must be some really nice scenery. I'm there for sure!

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar
    The Pembroke Golf Club just went to $20. anytime 7 dys a week. Call ahead to confirm. Well worth the drive and is in great shape.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Nationview has 2 for 1 Monday to Friday until the end of the season.

Golf course of the month in Flagstick magazine.
    scrollerpete

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I never played it and didn't know there were so many elevation changes. It must be some really nice scenery. I'm there for sure!
    I played Mont Cascades a number of times last year, and quite enjoyed the course. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a a reasonably priced course up in the hills. There's a few holes with questionable design, but there's enough character in the rest of the course to make up for it. I'd recommend it to anyone who was looking to give it a try.

I didn't get to play up there in the fall colours, but I did play Le Sorcier a couple of times late last year, and all I have to say is WOW!!!

Speaking of Le Sorcier, their twilight rates for September is $40 after 2pm (including cart). A definite 'must play' course.
    Wannabe Golf

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Twilight you're cutting it close this time of year. What time do you think you'd lose your ball in the air?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    I played Mont Cascades a number of times last year, and quite enjoyed the course. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a a reasonably priced course up in the hills. There's a few holes with questionable design, but there's enough character in the rest of the course to make up for it. I'd recommend it to anyone who was looking to give it a try.

I didn't get to play up there in the fall colours, but I did play Le Sorcier a couple of times late last year, and all I have to say is WOW!!!

Speaking of Le Sorcier, their twilight rates for September is $40 after 2pm (including cart). A definite 'must play' course.
    really, wow, i been wanting to check that place out forever now...

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    While I'm not sure it's officially a "deal", I went to cloverdale Links last week armed with a 2 for 1 plastic card I got at the Ottawa Golf Expo in May and I walked away from the course with 3 of them. They seem to be giving them out like crazy right now.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Twilight you're cutting it close this time of year. What time do you think you'd lose your ball in the air?
    7.45 is pushing it I think... we'd better be hitting our approaches on the 18th by that point.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Mont Pellier--foursome with carts weekdays 120.00 all in
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

anything else? im actually looking for a something for tomorrow morning around 7:00 am within 45 mins of the city..

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    Anyone know of any goods deals for 4 golfers with cart for a Sunday afternoon?
    I was looking at the Mont Cascades deal with coupons ($40 per person) for Sunday afternoon but they are booked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy963 View Post
    Anyone know of any goods deals for 4 golfers with cart for a Sunday afternoon?
    I was looking at the Mont Cascades deal with coupons ($40 per person) for Sunday afternoon but they are booked up.
    id be inclined to hit up le sorcier @ 40.00 after 2:00

3 Iron Paddy963 is on a distinguished road Paddy963's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iggsplode View Post
    id be inclined to hit up le sorcier @ 40.00 after 2:00
    I'm playing with some guys from work and two are not golfers, how is Le Sorcier for beginners?

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    I'm playing with some guys from work and two are not golfers, how is Le Sorcier for beginners?
    I find it's a pretty tough track if you're not on your game. They'll probably have a good time since that place is pretty scenic/hilly but you might want to consider setting a strokes per hole limit for them and make sure they bring a lot of extra balls because most holes are tree-lined.

Quote Originally Posted by Leejanzen View Post
    I find it's a pretty tough track if you're not on your game. They'll probably have a good time since that place is pretty scenic/hilly but you might want to consider setting a strokes per hole limit for them and make sure they bring a lot of extra balls because most holes are tree-lined.
    ive never actually played there myself. ive been desperatly trying to go play all year and it looks like next weekend will be the one. guys im going with are good golfers, well, better than me at least. im not a beginniner per say but im not that good a golfer (i shoot around 100) and i expect to shoot much worse than that when i go there.. but 50% of the enjoyment and charm of golf to me is seeing the layouts of the holes/courses and exploring somewhere new, especially courses with very private/individual holes.

for example. i hated mountain creek because all 18 holes are jammed in to where i would expect to see 9 holes. played the canadian last weekend for the second time this year.. love that course but its very unforgiving, at least to me. i shot a 116.. doesnt help im totally off my game right now and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn from 10 feet away if i tried.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    It is actually not that bad for beginners. Its not a long course from the whites, so you can leave the driver in the bag for most holes if you're not that straight off the tee. The elevation changes can make club selection a challenge, but there are only a few forced carries (mostly on the back 9) that might intimidate beginners.

Lob Wedge wylihof is on a distinguished road

great deals

called Pembroke today...$20 everyday

played Mountain Creek a few days ago...$25 walking $35 riding...Going to $20 and $30 later this month Greens have already been areated....should be good and fast by now.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    ]I'm playing with some guys from work and two are not golfers, how is Le Sorcier for beginners?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'd say it's a really tough course for beginners. A number of blind shots, elevation changes, and not much room off the fairway, you are right into the woods - you definitely can't spray it. It's a course you have to know your way around for sure. I'd suggest they bring a lot of ammo with them.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I was going to say the same thing Jeff, that is a trough track and will probably be quite frustrating for a beginner.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I was going to say the same thing Jeff, that is a trough track and will probably be quite frustrating for a beginner.
    I should also add that the marshalls are on you a lot if you are not on pace and that can add to the frustration if you are struggling.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wylihof View Post
    played Mountain Creek a few days ago...$25 walking $35 riding...Going to $20 and $30 later this month Greens have already been areated....should be good and fast by now.
    Played yesterday - most greens have recovered pretty well. By the weekend they should be perfectly smooth again.

Pitching Wedge Pacigy is on a distinguished road
    If anyone has friends who are CL members, I played Hautes Plaines on sunday for $44

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I'd like to suggest a thread or section on equipment deals. Would that go under Classifieds or Equipment? Christmas and Boxing day are around the corner, with the uncertain economy i think we're going to see amazing deals. We need to share this information!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Ads for sales go in the classifieds under "Other Golf Ads"
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information