So, I finally got around to seeing The Express last night, and while I wasn't overly enthused about Dennis Quaid as the coach, I thought the movie was well done. Pretty sad that a guy with that much talent and desire was cut down by leukemia before he even got to his prime. IIRC, the only player in NFL history to have his number retired without ever playing a single game.

There seem to be a lot of them out there. Here's the one's I can remember seeing...

- Rudy (thumbs up)
- Leatherheads (thumbs down. can't stand Renee Zellweger, and George Clooney is barely tolerable in this type of film)
- The Longest Yard (the original. thumbs up. way better than the remake, which sucked)
- Any Given Sunday (thumbs down. typical Bruckheimer over the top schlock)
- The Replacements (thumbs down. Gene Hackman is annoying, and I just can't see "Ted Logan" as a QB)
- Varsity Blues (thumbs down. teenage angst on the gridiron, and Jon Voight is irritating)
- Remember The Titans (thumbs up. good performances by all)
- We Are Marshall (thumbs up for a really sad story. normally I find Matthew McConaughey barely tolerable, but he does a good job in this one)
- All The Right Moves (so-so. decent story. Tom Cruise pre-lobotomy)
- Jerry McGuire (thumbs down. Tom Cruise post-lobotomy. show me the exit)
- Invincible (thumbs up. great story. a Mark Wahberg movie that doesn't suck)
- Wildcats (thumbs way down. Goldie Hawn makes me ill)
- The Program (so-so. tries to be an expose of college football life but drops the needle)
- Necessary Roughness (so-so. Scott Bakula - bad, Sinbad - not so bad)
- Lucas (thumbs up. good movie for the Disney set)
- Brian's Song (thumbs up. another sad story about a good guy cut down in his prime by cancer)
- North Dallas Forty (so-so. not bad if you check your helmet at the door)
- The Waterboy (thumbs down. Adam Sandler plays himself in this film)
- Friday Night Lights (don't know. I missed it in theatres and then made the mistake of seeing the Bad News Bears remake first. Billy Bob Thornton is dead to me)