100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Did you happen to notice the young lady working the cash in the clubhouse?
    are you talking about Chesty?
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Tied my best round of the year and tied my lowest ever today, 78 at Greensmere, white-black from the black tees. went a very consitent 39-39 and that included 2 doubles!

Bogie irish_OG is on a distinguished road irish_OG's Avatar

played anderson yesterday - had the best round of my short 2 year golf career - shot 42 on the front ( 5 par's, 2 bo'gs, 2 doub's) & the back was something memorable until 17 & 18 ......started off - (par, bogey, par, birdie, par, par, par - even going into the last 2 holes - then i cursed myself as I was thinking about hole 19 (brewsky in one hand and thinking about breaking 80 for the 1st time) - then finished double/ triple to shoot 41 on the back - with overall score of 83

this is massive for me as just last year I broke 100 & 90 in the same year .......

love this game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by irish_one View Post
    played anderson yesterday - had the best round of my short 2 year golf career - shot 42 on the front ( 5 par's, 2 bo'gs, 2 doub's) & the back was something memorable until 17 & 18 ......started off - (par, bogey, par, birdie, par, par, par - even going into the last 2 holes - then i cursed myself as I was thinking about hole 19 (brewsky in one hand and thinking about breaking 80 for the 1st time) - then finished double/ triple to shoot 41 on the back - with overall score of 83

this is massive for me as just last year I broke 100 & 90 in the same year .......

love this game!!!
    that's an epic accomplishment in 2 years!

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    are you talking about Chesty?
    That would be accurate. Oh to be 22 and single again....
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

close - 29 with a girlfriend - who isn't pushing for marriage yet! ( :

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    99 for me last week at kingsway. followed it up this week with a brutal 108. ugh. it felt like i never swung a golf club before.

4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road
    106 at Meadows on Saturday. Wayyyyy too many 3 putts (and a 4 putt!)....... then again, it didn't help that I wasn't good on the short game today and usually started putting 30 feet from the pin!

Pitching Wedge Jayuqo is on a distinguished road
    Never thought it would happen this year but 88 at Les Vieux Moulins!!!! Got a few 91s as well (Champlain, Sorcier....)

Hope I can stay there until the rest of the season.......

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    78 at my home course (Carleton Golf and Yacht)
    72 at Cloverdale

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    At my peak (about 8 years ago), I was a low to mid 80s type of player. Then I stopped playing for a couple of years (mostly due to logistical reasons) and only started again 2 years ago. I battled to average in the 107 range last year and this year, I played even more and have managed to average out in the 97-101 range.

In early July, I went to Pineview a day after golfing an ugly 104 at Chateau Cartier. I started with a quad bogey and followed it up with a double. Then I decided to make a drastic swing change (couldn't hurt) and started hitting my irons more crisply than I had in years (I hit every Par-3 in regulation except one shot that went a foot off tot he right). Despite starting off 6 over par after two holes, I managed to get a bunch of pars and one birdie to scratch out a very surprising 84.

The swing change didn't hold up at all and my scores were back in the 100 range soon enough. The closest I've come to playing as well as that round at Pineview was my last time out, when I played Cloverdale Links and settled for a 91 (after Quadruple Bogeying the 18th). I went out in 47 and had I managed to hold it together until the last hole (ie, at least getting a bogey on 18), I could have been in with a pretty tidy 41.
    Last edited by Leejanzen; 09-10-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Carded a 78 to open the season playing the annual mods game, and since then have only got 2 more rounds on the books, an 82 and a 92 (I somehow end up going for everything at pakenham and make nothing...lost at least 6 balls that day)

Going to hit the range sometime soon and see if I can put together a few nice rounds to close this non-season
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

9 Iron kaziff is on a distinguished road kaziff's Avatar
    i started this year shooting 100 and knew nothing about golf but now being taught by a previous pro am, have broken 80 legititmetly. wow i have never been so happy and so excited to play golf. i love it!!!!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    You started playing golf this year and you broke 80? Damned, a tip of the hat to you very very well done !

Quote Originally Posted by kaziff View Post
    i started this year shooting 100 and knew nothing about golf but now being taught by a previous pro am, have broken 80 legititmetly. wow i have never been so happy and so excited to play golf. i love it!!!!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

i shot a 62 @ capital golf.

7 Iron holeinone is on a distinguished road
    shot 77 at pineview today. My best score ever by 2. Didnt make anything too...no birdies.

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    69 at Greensmere (Black Tees). Best putting round ever. Been 1 under before but never this low.

those are some ridiculously low scores - remind to take a few of you for any upcoming 2 man scrambles !!!

gotta love seeing how many are so hooked -

Wannamaker Jeany1 is on a distinguished road

69 Sherbrooke Country Club

30 years ago

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeany1 View Post
    30 years ago
    30 years ago I was playing Sherbrooke Country Club withmy father but shooting nowhere near that score.... maybe double that score though
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Sand Wedge overpar is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    That would be accurate. Oh to be 22 and single again....
    nice 24 and single, looks like i gotta check out Meadows!
    Life's a game, Golf is serious!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    My best round was last week at Les Vieux Moulins. Its not a difficult course from the blues but nonetheless I shot my best game ever at a cool 77 going 42-35, the par is odd there as its a 38-34. I could have gone even lower but for 2 #@$ lip outs. Just one of those days where the swing was working and chipping was spot on. Oh yeah and the rock hard fairways certainly helped getting the ball out there closer to the greens from the tee box.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_one View Post

love this game!!!
    Did you take lessons before staring to play? My wife improved quickly from her golf beginning and we attribute it to no self-learned bad habits. All she had to do was learn distances and get more experience chipping/putting. Now she breaks 100 as often as I.

Sand Wedge overpar is on a distinguished road
    Best this year would have to be an 80 at glenmar and thats a PB too. Improved quite a bit from last years not breaking bogey golf. also shot a 79 at Mountain creek.
    Life's a game, Golf is serious!

6 Iron Bull147 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post
    Carded a 78 to open the season playing the annual mods game, and since then have only got 2 more rounds on the books, an 82 and a 92 (I somehow end up going for everything at pakenham and make nothing...lost at least 6 balls that day)

Going to hit the range sometime soon and see if I can put together a few nice rounds to close this non-season
    I feel for ya, Nat; Pakenham is the Bermuda Triangle for me, too. On the plus side, carried my clubs at Camelot last Monday and shot an 88. Needless to say, no more carts for me!

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Played my best ever at Beechwood (near Niagra) on Saturday. Was on my way to my best score ever with a 42 on the front nine, but couldn't finish due to a thunderstorm.

87 today at meadows from whites. I finally broke into the 80's for the first time. That was the goal this year, and it feels good to get it. The goal for 2010 is to do it regularly, and aim for a round in the 70's!

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    81 today at Amherstive (just outside Kingston) 41 + 40, new personal best from 84 last year. 2 birdies and finished the round with the same ball I started with (rarely able to do that). Didn't play for 12 weeks this spring/summer due to a back injury and had resolved myself to no improvements this year, just playing again was good enough for me. Really stoked, was windy and tough to make shots. Beginning of the year I set goals of breaking 40 and an eagle, think I still be chasing those in 2010.

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Shot a 73 from the blues at Rideauview about a month ago. It was the best ball striking round of my life.

arcaign
    my personal best since I started playing golf 4 years ago was 91 and this year I was determined to beat it and crack the 90's mark but unfortunately keep shooting a consistent mid 90's.

Yesterday was my last game of the season and went out to Anderson and shot 83!!! 2 birds and 9 pars. Also had a couple holes get away from me and shot an 8 on a par 4 (which i usually par or bogie) and a 6 on a par 3 (which I usually par)

Feeling pretty good about myself today!

Thread Information