100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I was out there at the range practicing that morning. The course is in very nice shape right now. Let me know if you'd like a game sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    I played there on Monday, august 10th the day after the nasty storm. The course was so beat up the front 9 was closed due to all the fallen trees and debris, #10 was flooded and the clubhouse had lost shingles. We played the back 9 twice and when we finished it was 40 degrees but I had a blast anyways! Decent track.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    This morning's 3 under 69 at The Highlands Golf Club in Bradford was my best this year. 15 pars and 3 birdies did the trick.
    Remind me to rub you for luck on Saturday (no hoolio, not that kind of rub ).

I'm sooooo close to doing something special. I'm hoping the weekend's competition brings it out. The new driver should help too.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I think for me, my best round so far this year is 78 or 79 and of course I think the worst is 98 with a case of the sh@nks.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    78 at Greensmere, white+ black, 6 over after the first 5 holes 2 doubles 2 birdies 4 bogies 10 pars! Shot 36 on the back with one of those doubles and both birdies!

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    I was out there at the range practicing that morning. The course is in very nice shape right now. Let me know if you'd like a game sometime.
    Thanks but I live in Ottawa. I was staying at my buddies in Bradford who is a stone's throw away so we went over for a quick round before the women went shopping. I go visit often enough so we'll set something up for the next time I'm there.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    Best scores this year are a 3 over 73 at Madawaska (the main course, from the back tees) and a 1 over 73 at Metcalfe from the whites. Also have an 81 at Eagle Creek from the Blues which I was pretty happy with.

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road
    Not my best this year, but my 73 from the tips at Eagles Glen on PEI featured my best 3 hole stretch ever ..... eagle, birdie, eagle for a 32 on the back nine....still trying to forget the front nine.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    My guess would be it's his word for Equitable Stroke Control which bears the acronim ESC, or perhaps "escape". A new term coined here!
    Gotcha, thanks!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Just played Emerald Links, East/South and shot 45-36, which makes the 36 my best 9 of the year and probably for a couple of years. 3 birds, 3 pars, 3 bogeys on the South. Can't remember the last time I had 3 birds in a round, let alone a 9.

BTW, the south is in great shape. The East was in good shape, though the greens were a little bumpy for my liking.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreen View Post
    Not my best this year, but my 73 from the tips at Eagles Glen on PEI featured my best 3 hole stretch ever ..... eagle, birdie, eagle for a 32 on the back nine....still trying to forget the front nine.
    Great run and a great track too!!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    This morning's 3 under 69 at The Highlands Golf Club in Bradford was my best this year. 15 pars and 3 birdies did the trick.
    Well done Mike. Think what you could do with two healthy ankles.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    A pair of 84's in the club championships to win the C-flight at Greensmere - although that was from the white tees. I had shot a 85 a few weeks previous from the blacks. I'm shooting regularly in the high 80's and low 90's now. Another week of good scores like that and I'll have accomplished the goal I set for myself at the start of the year: Reduce my handicap from a 27 to 18.
    Wannabe Golf

Reducing your handicap by that much is very impressive. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    A pair of 84's in the club championships to win the C-flight at Greensmere - although that was from the white tees. I had shot a 85 a few weeks previous from the blacks. I'm shooting regularly in the high 80's and low 90's now. Another week of good scores like that and I'll have accomplished the goal I set for myself at the start of the year: Reduce my handicap from a 27 to 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    Awesome job!!

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    77 at the Marshes in the 3rd round of the Citizen tournament. I've had lower scores this year but, given the circumstances and the conditions, that was probably my "best" round of the year.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    An 88 today at Meadows. I really play much better when the greens are a little wet. Should have been an 85, but oh well.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    95 at meadows today(5 more than best of this year). all that studying i did during the week, watching videos, taking notes, was too much information to absorb and try to apply without practicing first. i was overthinking the game. it was very frustrating. I need a trip to Capital golf soon to practice!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    My best day of golf was a nine and dine at the Marshes in July 31st. Shot a 45 with a Ten on hole #2!

Except for that hole it was some of the best ball striking I've ever done to be followed by a great dinner and then two weeks of vacation. Good Times!

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    95 at meadows today(5 more than best of this year). all that studying i did during the week, watching videos, taking notes, was too much information to absorb and try to apply without practicing first. i was overthinking the game. it was very frustrating. I need a trip to Capital golf soon to practice!
    Did you happen to notice the young lady working the cash in the clubhouse?

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Well, had my best game ever today at Pineview. After a normal 46 out....shot an impressive even par 35 on the back with an eagle and two birdies for an 81. Hopefully I will see more of the 80's before the year ends!!!!
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Well, had my best game ever today at Pineview. After a normal 46 out....shot an impressive even par 35 on the back with an eagle and two birdies for an 81. Hopefully I will see more of the 80's before the year ends!!!!
    You have the game to shoot those low numbers. I remember the hot start you got off to at Cascades. Plus, you hit your irons a mile..
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Today the driver was hot. Hitting GIR really helps also especially on par 3s for me!! At least I see some hope to finally bringing the cap down.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

It has always amazed me that you aren't shooting much lower numbers. I have no doubt that you will do so. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Today the driver was hot. Hitting GIR really helps also especially on par 3s for me!! At least I see some hope to finally bringing the cap down.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

5 Iron Seak69 is on a distinguished road Seak69's Avatar
    My best round was not my lowest, 84 at Crowbush... except for a few bad holes and a balky putter it was alot of fun.

I feel it, an 84 this morning at Manderley, and all time best!!!!!!!! Tee off at 9:15, already mentally shooting.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Is that for the front 9, or the back 9?
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I feel it, an 84 this morning at Manderley, and all time best!!!!!!!! Tee off at 9:15, already mentally shooting.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Ouch!!!! Next spring I'm starting the prediction thread. Unfortunately I had a few bad holes, started out great though, 2 over after 4 holes with a sweet bird.... Shot a 95 with a triple bogey on 18 to finish a crappy day.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    74 yesterday at Innerkip Highlands from the blue (70.0/125) with 5 birdies (-3 on the par 5s). As mentioned in another post, it's easily my best round in 8 years. I scored like a champ as I didn't hit the irons very well at all and putted about as well as I can. I restored the faith I once had in my short game too!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    74 yesterday at Innerkip Highlands from the blue (70.0/125) with 5 birdies (-3 on the par 5s). As mentioned in another post, it's easily my best round in 8 years. I scored like a champ as I didn't hit the irons very well at all and putted about as well as I can. I restored the faith I once had in my short game too!

Fally
    aka Scott
    Nice round Scott

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    96 at meadows. i had to finish the last 3 holes with birdie, par, par to get into the 80's. i finished with a double, triple, and double bogey.

back to the drawing board. (driving range)
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Thread Information