100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood mkemila is on a distinguished road mkemila's Avatar

Leaving for PEI on Saturday..Golf suggestions

I am heading out to PEI on Saturday for two weeks. Does anyone have golf course suggestions to offer?

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Basically no bad ones, just what you want to pay.

Make sure & stop at the Tourist area just past the bridge. There's all sorts of coupons for $2 off the various 24's that the Island produces. They're in the middle of all the brochures. Just pick up The GolfPEI pamphlet.

Very jealous

Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    Basically no bad ones, just what you want to pay.

Make sure & stop at the Tourist area just past the bridge. There's all sorts of coupons for $2 off the various 24's that the Island produces. They're in the middle of all the brochures. Just pick up The GolfPEI pamphlet.

Very jealous

Thanks (Very jealous)......guess this isn't a good time to bring up the new Ping wedges my girlfriend bought me for the trip? I know.......I suck!......:blush

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkemila
    I am heading out to PEI on Saturday for two weeks. Does anyone have golf course suggestions to offer?
    Crowbush for sure - they played the Canadian Skins Game there a number of years ago and every time I'm in the province, I make sure I drop by for a game. Brudenell (not sure of spelling) is also nice and has 6 par 3's, 4's and 5's, so there's lots of variety. Green Gables is pretty good too but doesn't come near to the neat factor that Crowbush gives you. If you do head to Crowbush, watch out for the hell hole... the 17th is only about 100 yards up a hill and 'environmentally sensitive' areas all over the place... so hit the green or you're dead. The "safe" bail out place, if memory serves, is about 30 feet below the green on the left.

I'll be there on Labour Day weekend.

Mike

I have had several suggest that I can't leave without playing Brudnell....so that will be one for sure.........Crowbush, I am hoping will have an opening for me.......sounds like the 17th is like the 17th at Chateau Cartier.....pure uphill and the word hell always comes to mind when I play it!

Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    Crowbush for sure - they played the Canadian Skins Game there a number of years ago and every time I'm in the province, I make sure I drop by for a game. Brudenell (not sure of spelling) is also nice and has 6 par 3's, 4's and 5's, so there's lots of variety. Green Gables is pretty good too but doesn't come near to the neat factor that Crowbush gives you. If you do head to Crowbush, watch out for the hell hole... the 17th is only about 100 yards up a hill and 'environmentally sensitive' areas all over the place... so hit the green or you're dead. The "safe" bail out place, if memory serves, is about 30 feet below the green on the left.

I'll be there on Labour Day weekend.

Mike

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Crowbush, I am hoping will have an opening for me.......sounds like the 17th is like the 17th at Chateau Cartier.....pure uphill and the word hell always comes to mind when I play it![/QUOTE]

Nothing like Cartier. Only slightly uphill over a swamp area to a large tiered green. Green or nothing.

Just a fun hole. BUT maybe a hell hole too?

Big Duffer
    I went a few years ago on a package.. 4 rounds for 200 bucks.. I don't think that included carts but it was still a substantial savings.. you should check it out.. its put on by the provincial goverment..we played the 4 best courses on the island.. Crowbush, brudenell, dundarave and mill river.. all 4 are better then what you get in ottawa..

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

guyinottawa

Pei

Crowbush for sure.

Brudnell and Dundaree are both awesome too and located on the same site...

TOo many to choose from.

I am going in AUgust for one week... awesome.. played last year as well.

5 Wood amac is on a distinguished road
    Agree with Big Duffer...I went on a golf vacation there in summer of '99 and it was awesome. We stayed at the Mill River resort for four days, then near Brudenell for three more. Crowbush is the jewel of PEI. There is one hole on the back nine (par 5) where you have to take the walk back to the tips, and if you turn around, you can see an amazing view of the beach/ocean.

The other ones mentioned (Mill River, Dundarave, and Brudenell) are all excellent tracks. The only other thing that I would mention is that the Green Gables course disappointed me. The fairways were like the Queensway, and the layout was pedestrian at best.

Have fun,
    amac

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Have a great time. Lots of good courses. I suggest Crowbush, Fox Meadow in Charlottetown, Eagles Glenn in Cavendish and just because it is a Stanley thomson course and on of the earliest - Green Gables.

1 Iron sparsons is on a distinguished road
    I've been golfing in PEI once before and golfed Crowbush, Brudenell, MillRiver. All great tracks. I'm going again this Fall and would like to ask if anybody has played both Eagles Glenn and Anderson Creek? I have time to play one of those as well as Crowbush and Mill River. But I can't choose which one. I need help.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I was just in PEI last weekend and the golfing was great! Three rounds(Fox Meadows, Brudenell and Eagles Glenn) and two nights in a cottage for $245 each taxes included(based on a foursome). Fox Meadows was in excellent condition both fairways/greens and this time the fox didn't steal my ball. Brudenell was in very good condition and Eagles Glenn was a bit dried out but good overall.

Lobsters were pretty cheap...only $6.20 / lb for live canners at a lobster pound.

Fore!

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I don't think anyone mentioned Glasgow Hills yet. It's in New Glasgow which is about 10 minutes from Cavendish. Very nice course, lots of elevation changes and some incredible views.

Enjoy PEI!

Gap Wedge gronker is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sparsons
    I've been golfing in PEI once before and golfed Crowbush, Brudenell, MillRiver. All great tracks. I'm going again this Fall and would like to ask if anybody has played both Eagles Glenn and Anderson Creek? I have time to play one of those as well as Crowbush and Mill River. But I can't choose which one. I need help.

I go to PEI every year (lucky enough to have lots of family there), Last year I golfed Crowbush, Eagles Glenn, Anderson Creek and Glasgow Hills.

I wasn't very impressed at all with Glasgow Hills (for the price). Eagles Glenn is a good course (actually similar conditions to Eagle Creek). I believe Anderson Creek just opened up last year after the original owner went belly up. The course has a wonderful layout and some really nice (picturesque) and challenging holes. And of course Crowbush is the crown jewel, although someone said something positive about hole 17. I personally think that one hole takes a superb golf course and makes it Mickey Mouse. It's definitely worth the round, but hole 17 to me is a bit of a joke.

Mill River is a pretty nice course too, although I havent played it in around 4 years..
    gronker

Thread Information