100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Exclamation PLEASE READ THIS - Stolen clubs on the forum

Two young men, Jordan Rochon of Cornwall and an accomplice have been arrested and charged with stealing new merchandise and members property out of the Cornwall Golf & Country Club and selling the items here.

MulliganMan, Neo & big-ball are the user names used on the forum that we are sure of, but there may be others. They would arrange to meet buyers at the Train Yards Golf Town.

When they sold a Sky Caddy here, the buyer tried to register it and the rightful owner was notified. The owner contacted the buyer, who then contacted me. I was able to connect the users mentioned above and provided OPP constable Denis Giroux with some important evidence that lead to the arrests.

I feel very badly that these punks were using this forum to facilitate their crimes. I take this abuse of the forum personally and I am appealing to the community here to please come forward with any information that will assist the OPP in the case.

If you have any information or if you suspect that you may have bought one of the stolen items yourself, please contact constable Giroux at the Lancaster OPP detachment Denis.Giroux@ontario.ca (613) 347-2449
    Last edited by Kilroy; 11-19-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Inspector Kilroy, sounds nice doesn't it dan??? On a serious note, nice catch I would hate for my stuff to be stolemn. Good work. Cheers,
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road
    If we spin this a different way, I would argue that this forum helped apprehend some criminals.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2007 & 2009 OTTAWA GOLF RYDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Yes the forum data helped to apprehend them, but the forum also enabled them to move a lot of stuff. I'm not at all sure we found everything. They were rather busy.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Dan, it's got nothing to do with you or your site. If it wasn't OG it would have been and probably was Kijiji, usedottawa, craigslist, etc.

Funny I had contacted big ball about a TM driver he had for sale way back when. We never did the transaction thank goodness though I seem to recall the same driver popping up under a different user name a few weeks later.

glad they were caught and hope they get what they deserve.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up Dan.

9 Iron Chanter is on a distinguished road
    When I first saw this thread
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthread.php?t=47866

something stank...I mean, he was selling it with no case, charger, manual...nothing but the unit. Problem was, once it sold (and sold quickly) he changed the listing to simply read "Sold", none of the former incriminating text remained.

Thanks for the notice, and nice work.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanter View Post

something stank...I mean, he was selling it with no case, charger, manual...nothing but the unit. Problem was, once it sold (and sold quickly) he changed the listing to simply read "Sold", none of the former incriminating text remained.

Thanks for the notice, and nice work.

Yes, I remember that and I was also perplex...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanter View Post

When I saw that up there for $280, I said to myself "That's a Steal"... I didn't think those words were so literal.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Moral of the story... If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. (unless you're Geoff )
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

3 Wood Rocket Man is on a distinguished road Rocket Man's Avatar
    wow...that's crazy. Thanks for the heads up!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    We are much, much, much better protected on this site than on any of the other local classified ad sites mentionned. Most of the buyers & sellers are either personally known to me, or are 1 or 2 degrees of seperation away from me.

I would be (and am) much more leery of someone who is scarecely known to the forum. There have been a few rotten apples over the years here, but it seems to me that they are caught thanks to the vigilance of the forum.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Agreed Andrew. I think this is why the feedback is so important, even if a deal didn't happen. I have had a couple of deals go south, after I agreed to buy a product (and they agreed to sell it to me) and both people were unknown to me and had little interaction with the board. One guy I heard back from the other I had not and still haven't to this day. I left negative feedback for him, not because I was bitter about the bad deal, but more for a warning for the next person. It was the first negative feedback I have left and felt compelled to leave.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Birdie JWWRMA is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dan

Thanks Dan; You da man!!

Thread Information