CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cornwall open

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road

Cornwall open

Anyone playing on sat in the b and c am down to 10.6 asked for a latter tee time $50 bucks no meal good tournament though really quick greens

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I will be there Monday playing in the A.. Played Cornwall today. Course is a bit wet but overall great as usual. Greens where fantastic.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

3 Wood Brewcee is on a distinguished road Brewcee's Avatar
    looks like registration is open until Friday (August 28), still undecided. I am an 8.9 so would be playing on Saturday. A week ago I was 8.3, which would have me playing on Monday. Which is a bit of a dilema, do I sign up for the B knowing I could be below 8.6 (A cut off for cornwall open) in two weeks or do I sign up for the A knowing I could still be above 8.6 in two weeks. I would hate to sign up for the B, loose some high rounds off my card and have my handicap drop and then be seen as the sandbagger in the B coming in with an 8.0 or something else below 8.6. To answer the question you might be thinking, yes I do play that many rounds that my handcap shifts several times in 2 weeks. This afternoon will be my 12th day in a row playing.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    I'm in the same boat, although not cutting it as close. I'm in C class, but saw my index drop from 20 to 17 in the last month. The cut off is 15.7, and since I have 2 more rounds scheduled before the event, I should be safe now, but yesterday I was playing Talon, and after posting 40 on the front I was getting a little worried. Fortunately, the back 9 had my number and I ended up with 51, which with ESC applied still came to 16hcp round and dropped me from 17.3 to 17. (before someone cries "sandbagger", I had 3 matches going up until the last hole).

I wonder what happens in these cases? If I'm registered in C, but show up with a lower index, would they just let me play in B instead?

I had a low 60 net there a couple of years ago no one said anything its a good tourney a lot of people leave before the prizes

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

Cornwall

What does this course compare to in the Ottawa area?
    I heard small and fast greens... but seems like a short course. Is the landing areas tight?
    Bite, Bite!

Pitching Wedge duhast is on a distinguished road
    been a member for 3 years at cornwall, pretty open, small and fast greens, 6600 yards, the course is packed together so its pretty open for the most part, but yet quite challenging!

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Perhaps it was my first time playing there? I found many greens were build to the same shape flanked by the same size bunkers on both side. I tried to think back how I've played each hole and got a bit confused after. If I get to play there again I won't try not to be agressive with those greens. Many three putts from down hill and side lie. The only bright spot was the 18th biride, incidentally down hill with right to left break, which could have be 10 feet past if it hadn't gone in!

The greens are usually the fastest I play all year ,always look forward to playing there you just have to lag the downhill putts

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    I was a junior member there for a few years around 1998, been back regularly since then...and I always enjoy it because its a nice little course with good challenges, and isn't really like most courses around ottawa. Tricky greens and some tough layouts around the greens challenge your short game. I don't really consider it wide open but the fairways are not tight either...

If I par #4 the dog leg left I usually have a good round narrow green with bunkers on each side was 2 under 1 yaer and took a 9 couldnt hold the green went bunker to bunker a couple of times stay out of these bunkers if you want to score

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    What ever you do..... keep it below the hole on as many holes as possible.... #9 for sure.

Some of the par 5 yardard seems suspicious.. The course was a bit wet that day and being first time there.. I was hitting the driver easy just to put on the fairway. #2 plays 475 and I only have 200 on second shot? Anyways, seeing there was a pound in front of the green, I hit easy 7 iron hoping to have 40+ yards for lobwedge in... the ball roll into the pound. that aprox. 180 away! #9 is also questionable.. played 508 yards.. second shot,found myself 250+ from a somewhat elevated green, since I was 3 down, went for it with 3W. Landed on left side bunker. I really hope I've hit them that long...but they would have match my best of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    Some of the par 5 yardard seems suspicious.. The course was a bit wet that day and being first time there.. I was hitting the driver easy just to put on the fairway. #2 plays 475 and I only have 200 on second shot? Anyways, seeing there was a pound in front of the green, I hit easy 7 iron hoping to have 40+ yards for lobwedge in... the ball roll into the pound. that aprox. 180 away! #9 is also questionable.. played 508 yards.. second shot,found myself 250+ from a somewhat elevated green, since I was 3 down, went for it with 3W. Landed on left side bunker. I really hope I've hit them that long...but they would have match my best of the year.

You must have been playing the ladies tees.. I hit it long enough and have never had 200 in on #2.. And I have never been near #9 in two.. I played two weeks ago with a pro who hits it 300 off the tee and it was all he could do to hit driver, 4 wood on #9 and he was there in two.. I think he had 270 left in..

http://www.cornwallgolf.com/course.htm#scorecard

We played white tees.. actually if you look at the card, the white, yellow and red tees are very close in yardard, where the blues are definitely 40 - 60+ yards back.

I may have not hit past the red tee before but never have I played from "ladies" tee.. c'mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginker View Post
    You must have been playing the ladies tees.. I hit it long enough and have never had 200 in on #2.. And I have never been near #9 in two.. I played two weeks ago with a pro who hits it 300 off the tee and it was all he could do to hit driver, 4 wood on #9 and he was there in two.. I think he had 270 left in..

good luck to anyone playing I tee off at 10.50 sat

When I called to register they asked me if I had any preferences for a tee time.. I requested a late time.. So I am at 830.. Third group of the day.. thanks lol.

cornwall open

Just got back. Great course! First time playing the course.
    Super small greens that rolled true and fast.
    A great day to golf.
    It was a great feeling to hear the gallery behind the 18th green -cheering on great shots/putts.

Alot of short par 4's.
    I was able to go for #15 in 2 as it played down hill, but rolled into the greenside bunker.
    Bite, Bite!

# 2 plays it's yardage, if not more. It plays alittle down wind, but could seem 10-20 yards longer than the 475.
    #9 I hit driver - 4 hybrid and was pin high left
    And I played from the whites.
    Bite, Bite!

I was disapointed in the prizes this year dont think there was $1000 between b and c played ceder glen mens open monday lots of good prizes like sunice gortex , odessey putters etc plus a great meal

Bite, Bite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershot View Post
    # 2 plays it's yardage, if not more. It plays alittle down wind, but could seem 10-20 yards longer than the 475.
    #9 I hit driver - 4 hybrid and was pin high left
    And I played from the whites.

Now I understand this.. I checked the yardages Monday while playing.. The whites are up 80 yards on #9 from the blues..

Now I understand this.. I checked the yardages Monday while playing.. The whites are up 80 yards on #9 from the blues..
    It is actually 65 yards, and it is still reachable in two. Sometimes plays in a right to left wind.
    Bite, Bite!

Thread Information