100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Heatley To Break Silence Friday

It's all going to be made public tomorrow in regards to Danny Heatley's reason for asking for a trade.

Read More.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    What did Joe thought of this situation?
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Does anyone know if this is going to be broadcast live anywhere?
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    Not surprising at all - he said nothing.

Basically, he's upset that his role has diminished on the team. So, basically, as soon as things get tough, he up and leaves. Sounds like a real attractive prospect for potential trade partners.

What a mess. I really didn't see this happening with Heatly. Furthermore, I still believe there has to be something else to it. There's no way he's so thick that he doesn't realize he'd get more opportunities if he improved his play.

I'd be willing to bet against a trade being made before the beginning of the regular season. Ottawa's stuck with this guy.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    He is a joke and is sucking and blowing at the same time, how can he say he is a team player and then say he wants a trade because he does not like his role on the team??? Am I the only one who finds this extremely confusing? He obviously thinks that the Sens broke the story and now is really adament to leave. He is a selfish SOB and I for one hopes he does not make it to Team Canada. What happens if he does not like his role ON Team Canada, will he go play for Germany?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    What did Joe thought of this situation?
    I assume you are asking me what Joe Thornton thought of this? Didn't bother to ask him. When he is home for the summer he is away from hockey.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Let's see, he actually improved his numbers under Clousten and if he is such a team player then why not accept it and play hard, he would get less attention on the 2nd line. And how about now, Spezza, Kovalev and Heatly on the PP, yikes, that is frikin nasty. So lets say that the Sens decide that they should try to give Mr. Heatly #1 line time, #1 PK time and #1 PP time and he goes nuts scoring all kinds of goals and the Sens look great not just to make the playoffs but really contend for the Cup. Does he still insist on getting traded?? If I were Murray, I would wait for an unbelievable deal before getting rid of this bum
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    First off, a player's salary does not dictate his ice-time, his performace dictates how much ice time he should get. Dany wasn't producing early on so he saw his ice-time go down.

Secondly, Power Play time is related to your PP performance....the Sens PP was built around his one-timer but early on he had no finish, he'd either hit the logo on the goalie's chest, miss the net or wiff completely. Clouston realized that waiting for the perfect one-timer only to have Dany blow it when it can wasn't working.....he instituted a high pressure PP based on dumping the puck into the zone and forechecking hard to get it back and set it up. Dany couldn't play this style so he was moved to the 2nd line - if he doesn't like it, start putting the puck in the net again.

Finally, I say hold on the Heater for the time being. You know that he is going to be super motivated to have a good first half because of the Olympics. If he puts up 25 goals or so before Christmas he'll be work that front line scores, D-man and prospect that Murray wants.

I lost a TON of respect for Dany for what he's done, but I still think that the Sens can come out of this stronger for it as long as Murray and the fans can stay patient

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I assume you are asking me what Joe Thornton thought of this? Didn't bother to ask him. When he is home for the summer he is away from hockey.
    For all those millions, I'd have thought it to be a full time, year 'round gig. Though it really doesn't matter what Joe thinks.
    Last edited by 3Jack; 08-22-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Heatley talks

Only conclusion from what he said... Selfish and spoiled. Would respect him more if he said that he can't win a cup in Ottawa and wants to go to a contender. Team was winning at the end of the year and all he can do is focus on his diminised role. Old but true, No "I" in Team. Hope they can move him for a bag of pucks because he will only be a detriment to the team. The damage has been done!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    If I were Yzerman, I'd tell him to stay home from the Olympic tryout camp.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    If that is really his reason for wanting out, why not just say that? Why the silence?

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    For all those millions, I'd have thought it to be a full time, year 'round gig. Though it really doesn't matter what Joe thinks.
    Sorry GB, as I re-read this, it's a bit gratuitous on my part.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Thread Information