100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Plaxico Burress - Another One Bites the Dust

In exchange for pleading guilty to a reduced weapon's charge, Plaxico Burress was sentenced to 2 years in jail. Maybe he too will make a comeback when he's released.

If this keeps up, one might come to the conclusion that "NFL" means "National Felons' League."

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    this is nuts!!! mike i had no clue you were suck a football fan. want to join my suicide pool??
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    My love of football goes back to my childhood in Maine. We played a lot of football, all tackle and generally without equipment. There were a few injuries, but that was the nature of the game and we accepted that willingly. Best of all, I and a lot of others were Baltimore Colt fans. Those early teams included the following stars: Johnny Unitas; Ray Berry; Lenny Moore; John Mackey; Gino Marchetti ... Recollections of last minute sideline passes from Johnny U to Berry and Moore still give me goosebumps.

The Colts gave its fans what baseball could never give us ... success. Rooting for the Red Sox (in Augusta, Maine you were either a Sox fan or a Yankee fan) ensured years of joy and disappointment. Not so with the Colts. Until a few years ago, I had their team pictures from the mid-50s into the mid-60s.

As for a football pool, I don't follow the NFL with the same kind of devotion. That said, send me a PM on it. I might be enticed.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    this is nuts!!! mike i had no clue you were suck a football fan. want to join my suicide pool??

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Mike I really do not understand the US law. Another football player killed someone(DUI) and got away with 30 days

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5091566.shtml
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    While I agree that the 30 day sentence was too lenient, I know that the long sentence for Burress is a result of new gun legislation in New York, that is very strict. The idea being that sending people away for a few years for illegal gun possession might help limit the number of illegal handguns on the street, and thereby limit the number of people killed by illegal firearms.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Plax got the star-punishment. Something like 80% of these cases don't result in charges and are dismissed.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Mike I posted the details in a thread in the sports section.

30 days for killing someone??? I guess he paid the family millions. I wonder how bad he feels, can he sleep at night?? I hope he can't.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Plax got the star-punishment. Something like 80% of these cases don't result in charges and are dismissed.
    I'd say it was a dash of the all star punishment, with a few buckets worth of 'firing a gun in a crowded nightclub' punishment.

Actually, come to think of it, usually when celebrities do that, they get acquitted.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    "firing a gun", doesn't apply. Bringing a gun, yes. A gun accidentally discharging, yes. Stupidity, yes. 6 months in prison enough, yes.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    "firing a gun", doesn't apply. Bringing a gun, yes. A gun accidentally discharging, yes. Stupidity, yes. 6 months in prison enough, yes.
    True...firing was a poor choice of words. "being a total brainless jackass and bringing an illegal firearm into a club, even though you could have easily hired a squad of private security if you had any reason to fear for your safety, and then allowing that illegal firearm in your possesion to discharge in a crowded nightclub, endangering the lives of every single person in the place" would have been more appropriate.

Stupidity is not an excuse. It's an explanation, not an excuse. We shouldn't go easy on people because they're dumb. We should make examples of them.

Thread Information