CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    350plus

Ever run into Celebs on the course?

Just wondering if you have ever run into any celebs on the course.

Movie Stars, Athletes even Maple Leafs during the playoffs.. hehehe,, couldn't resist..
    Last edited by 350plus; 08-19-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Bouche
    When I was at Camelot, team Canada came to play a round. Lemieux, Brodeur, Ignila and Sakic just to name a few.

Sakic didn't have clubs so he borrowed my friends lefty set and at the end of the round he signed his bag thanking him for the clubs and signed the date 2!! My friend felt pretty lucky that day!

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I played a round of golf with Steve Smith (Red Green) at Brant Valley Golf Club when I used to work there. He was a cousin of one of the members at the course who I played with once a week or so. The picture of our foursome was still up in the clubhouse the last time I was there.
    Even I've never heard of me

Arrt
    How'd Red Green play?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Marc Savard at Kawartha G&C, he is a member there so is my bro-in-law, he can play.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    I've got a couple:

Playing a round in Tampa as a single, in the twosome in front of me was the drummer from Iron Maiden. He had an IRON Maiden bag with his name on it.

At Fontainbleau I've seen Yvan Cournoyer a couple of times, and once in the group ahead of me was Donald Audette who is a very good player (+1 I think).

In Denver at Castle Pines, I pulled into the parking lot and the Avalanche players were all arriving for their yearly team tournament. They were all over the clubhouse and range.

At Brudenell River in PEI, Sakic and Theo Fleury were there on the range together. Family vacation together, as the wives/kids were at the pool.

Caddy paulfourputt is on a distinguished road

Larry Robinson

Almost tagged Mr. Robinson at the Marshes a couple of weeks ago as my ball caromed off the the cart path about 50 yards, up and over his group's heads as they were getting into their carts on #4

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i gawd, golfbum is gonna talk about joe thorton for about 30min now. thanks lol
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrt View Post
    How'd Red Green play?
    He shot a high 70. He was a pretty solid player. The thing you wouldn't believe is the car he was driving. Pulled up in a black Viper.
    Even I've never heard of me

350plus
    Quote Originally Posted by adam781 View Post
    He shot a high 70. He was a pretty solid player. The thing you wouldn't believe is the car he was driving. Pulled up in a black Viper.
    Nice,, Red Green driving a Viper

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    I was working a long drive hole at a tournament at Wildfire just outside of Peterborough the other week that Bob Gainey was playing in. I had the flight scope on the hole to measure the long drive - and each player got two chances: one with their own driver, and then a Taylor Made driver based on my recommendation.

Bob Gainey came to the tee, with a 107 mph swing speed, hit it 225 (solid)... The reason? 6000 RPM backspin!! I gave him an R9 TP to try for his next one, and he heeled one out there 260 - He was so fascinated with the flight scope data, and couldn't believe that the shaft could contribute to trajectory so much. Needless to say, cool run in!

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    From time to time I run into a-list.... by a-list I'm saying a-holes... (bad joke)

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam781 View Post
    Where did he put his clubs?? Was there any duct-tape evident on the Viper??

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Played in the group behind Jean Cretien at Edelweiss when he was PM. He was playing with Mike Tommy the owner of the course. Lots of carts in that group and black cars with tinted glass in the parking lot.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I've played with Gerard Gallant (former Detroit Redwing and coach of the Columbus Blue Jackets), Dougie MacLean (former GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets) and Rick Nash.

A little closer to home I've played with a couple of local celeb's.........well, that is if you count Indio as a Celb

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I've played with Gerard Gallant (former Detroit Redwing and coach of the Columbus Blue Jackets), Dougie MacLean (former GM of the Columbus Blue Jackets)
    .....I think you're only missing Rick Vaive and Brad Richards to cover P.E.I's entire NHL legacy.....

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Ran into Daniel Negreanu (the Canadian poker star) at Summerlin in Las Vegas. The starter said that he routinely plays for $5000/hole, usually with Asian poker players that he meets at the tables. Big spenders!

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    Played behing Guy Lafleur and Dickie Moore at Arundel near Tremblant. Dickie, apparently, owns the course. THey showed up in a helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    .....I think you're only missing Rick Vaive and Brad Richards to cover P.E.I's entire NHL legacy.....
    I've played in Brad's charity golf tourney but not with him per se

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I've played in Brad's charity golf tourney but not with him per se
    Are you from "the island"? I grew up there and remember attending the Rick Vaive golf tournament each year. It used to draw the big names of the time (Gretzky, etc...). What course does Brad's tourney use?

Quote Originally Posted by tmacgolf View Post
    Are you from "the island"? I grew up there and remember attending the Rick Vaive golf tournament each year. It used to draw the big names of the time (Gretzky, etc...). What course does Brad's tourney use?
    I am from PEI yes, the year that I played in Brad's tournament it was held at the Summerside Golf Club, I'm not sure where it is being held now or even if it is still being held...

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I played 18 holes with Randy McKay (formerly of the Devils and Canadiens). A really great guy, decent golfer too! It was nearly 10 years ago now at Cedar Glen in Williamsburg. His father was a part owner.

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    Played with Dick Redmond, Marc Savard and Mike Richi numerous times. I played with Rudy Giuliani's son Andrew in a tournament once, he was a real asshole, not surprised he got kicked off the Duke team.

Seen many others kicking around at various courses. And yes, I did see Mats at Toronto GC a couple years back...

Eagle mmack067 is on a distinguished road mmack067's Avatar
    and Richard Zokol... but no one outside of Canada knows who he is haha...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmack067 View Post
    and Richard Zokol...
    Sad but probably true.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road
    Played 9 holes once with Lori Kane at Crowbush. Might be streching 'celeb' but recently retired NHL ref Don Koharski was in the group behind me last week.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreen View Post
    Might be streching 'celeb' but recently retired NHL ref Don Koharski was in the group behind me last week.
    Was he eating doughnuts?

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Was he eating doughnuts?
    No, but he was sporting a very large head.

9 Iron Victor is on a distinguished road
    Not my favorite Celeb..., but while playing a course in Pugwash N.S. Ann Murray was playing in a group two holes behind us. While having a beer on the patio we notice her go by in her cart. It had Head lights/Brake lights and a License plate.

Apparently she lives 3 KMS down the highway from the course. Pretty convenient!

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    I've played a few dozen rounds in Ottawa and the closest I ever got to seeing a celebrity was being paired up with an MP or MPP (I don't remember which) in a charity scramble tournament at Tecumseh several years ago.

I come from a small town in Northern Ontario but surprisingly, I've met/played with a couple of NHLers on my home course. The first was retired NHLer Moe Mantha which isn't surprising since he lives on the course and the course is owned/operated by his parents. I actually never played with him but we talked several times. He's a pretty solid player as should be expected. I trailed Chris Neal for a round and saw him later that night at a house party. He was a jerk and got beaten up pretty badly by a notoriously good fighter in our town. The only "celebrity" I ever actually played with (and it was only for the last 4 holes of the front-9) is Vitali Yachmenev, former player for the LA Kings, Nashville Predators. He was in the area and I think his soon-to-be father in-law was bringing him out for a round of golf. He seemed like very much a beginner but, was having fun anyways. Very nice guy and he appreciated that I didn't have to hear his name to know who he was.

Thread Information