CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

Do you ever get sick of the game??

I'm kinda sick of the game, i don't know what it is but the desire to play rain or shine isn't there anymore. I used to play in every type of weather but now find myself only playing in sunny but coolish weather. Did I play to much golf over the last two years?? 100+ rounds with 2 months still left.

I don't watch it on TV anymore (unless i bet) and I don't talk about it with friends unless they need my help finding something.

Anyone ever go through this??
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    I'm kinda sick of the game, i don't know what it is but the desire to play rain or shine isn't there anymore. I used to play in every type of weather but now find myself only playing in sunny but coolish weather. Did I play to much golf over the last two years?? 100+ rounds with 2 months still left.

I don't watch it on TV anymore (unless i bet) and I don't talk about it with friends unless they need my help finding something.

yep ... been there done that ......

just take a week off and you will get the itch again to play.

When you do go out, you'll know if you either missed it or not.
    If not then take a longer break
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I've been playing for 47 years, and never get bored with the game. Sometimes I get sick and tired of my play, but never with the game. When I feel like that, I take a break and practice hitting different types of shots on the range. A couple of days of that and I'm eager to get back on the course.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    after 3 days in a row I'm ready to take a break. Usually one day is enough. Just get married Depe, then you'll cherish the occasions you get to play.
    Andrew

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    after 3 days in a row I'm ready to take a break. Usually one day is enough. Just get married Depe, then you'll cherish the occasions you get to play.
    WORD! ...and with kids, every round of golf is like a Christmas morning.

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    I'm not at that stage yet. I would like to recite this poem by?

In My Hand I Hold A Ball,
    White And Dimpled, Rather Small.
    Oh, How Bland It Does Appear,
    This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.
    By Its Size I Could Not Guess,
    The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.
    But Since I Fell Beneath Its Spell,
    I've Wandered Through The Fires Of Hell.
    My Life Has Not Been Quite The Same,
    Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.
    It Rules My Mind For Hours On End,
    A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.
    It Has Made Me Yell, Curse And Cry,
    I Hate Myself And Want To Die.
    It Promises A Thing Called Par,
    If I Can Hit It Straight And Far.
    To Master Such A Tiny Ball,
    Should Not Be Very Hard At All.
    But My Desires The Ball Refuses,
    And Does Exactly As It Chooses.
    It Hooks And Slices, Dribbles And Dies,
    And Even Disappears Before My Eyes.
    Often It Will Have A Whim, To Hit A Tree Or Take A Swim.
    With Miles Of Grass On Which To Land,
    It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand.
    Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul,
    If Only It Would Find The Hole.
    It's Made Me Whimper Like A Pup,
    And Swear That I Will Give It Up.
    And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow,
    But The Ball Knows .... I'll Be Back Tomorrow.

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    How can one be when we don't get to play throughout the year? Fortunately, I have this forum for my winter and golf blues.
    Once a while I get 'sillied' by SW windups- his 'cons' and' antics' on this forum.
    But then what do you expect from the flipflopper* WUM who had the perfect 'heist' of the season ($600 of ProVs?). Go figger why some guys have all the luck (ace too) in the world.

Sick of golf? Hopefully never.

*Some of you guys wish he was Paddy Power.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar

Might be West Nile from the mosquitoes. Better see a doctor, lethargy is a symptom.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    I think it is this summer in my case. I play often, but I am certainly sick and tired of playing in the rain. It seemed every round but a few in the first half of the season were at least partially played in the rain. It gets a little tiresome. I also found myself having a hard time getting motivated for my 6:30 a.m. tee times when I would get up and see that it was raining again. Now we are to the other extreme and played in 40 degree heat this passed weekend. I think a week off may do you good though, it is possible to burn out with that many rounds (especially if you are seeing regression in your play). Think how you feel in December though!
    Here's hoping for a nice warm, dry fall..........

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    This year for me has been pretty golf free. Only 5 or 6 rounds. Can't seem to get the energy or usual enthusiasm. Partly I think because of loads to do to sell the house and move to Vancouver. I can't seem to take the heat anymore.

1 Iron dmr is on a distinguished road dmr's Avatar
    Before kids I used to get sick of playing pretty much every summer. I would watch the Masters and get the itch, play like crazy in the spring until late July early August. At that point I would lose the desire to go play. A few weeks off and I'd get the itch again and play as late as possible in the fall.

Now that I have kids, I never really get sick of the game. It is like the forbidden fruit.

Take a couple of weeks off - you'll get the itch back.
    "I killed a guy with a trident." Brick Tamland

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Did you play too much golf @ 50 rounds per yr? A lot of people here play twice that and always wake up wanting to smell the fairway clippings.

Do I get sick of playing? No, not at all.
    Do I need a break now and then? Yes when it all goes south and and my enthusiasm wanes. Usually a break of 2 or 3 days is all I can handle. Winter is tough.
    What I really hate is taking a 3 day break during decent weather, and then facing a 3 day wet forecast. That really sucks.

What I don't understand is how a guy who makes a hole in one less than a week ago can start this thread. Trying to avoid "Jumping the Shark" by quitting while you're ahead?
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Nope. Just have your wife tell you that you can't go and play golf. Problem solved.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    When I had a membership I would play between 100 and 160 games a year.. 5 years ago I lost that urge and sold my share at the golf club and have average between 15 and 20 games a year since then... I have played more this year (I am at 14 games now I believe) but honestly I can take it or leave it. I really enjoy getting out for a round with friends but I don't go out of my way to get out anymore since the urge just still isn't there.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

350plus

Good the bad and the really ugly...

Of course,, but you go home,, brew and stew over it for a few hours sleep on it get up and stare at the clubs for awhile, then your buddy calls and says I got a new driver and I am going to the range wanna come and try it,, then the cycle begins all over again....

But I just can't stop playing!!!

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Since I have been the Golf Pig for the last 2 years; it is obvious that I never get tired of golfing. The occasional day off just whets my appetite for more. Try buying a new set of clubs, that will get you fired up again.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Never.

If I was unattached I would play or practice every day. Of course, if I played every day, I would be unattached.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    Never.

When I am not golfing I am thinking about golfing. I have never been sick of this game. I am way too unproductive at work in the summer because of this sport!

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    According to the Handicapping program I am already at 35 rounds for this year. (Not including at least 4 best-ball or scramble tournaments) Since I didn't think I had played that many times I guess I'm thinking I have not played enough for the year and am not sick of the game.

I'm still sick of Winter, though, imagine how many rounds I'd have in if we hadn't had that miserable April...

Baxter
    Silly, I'm with you on this one....I could care less about going out and playing. I am just tired of the slooooowwww play. The people that don't fix the green after they just finished a square dance if you know what I mean. Looking for a ball for what seems like a hour. Yelling back and forth, talking on cell phones. There is just less and less respect for the course and fellow players. I'm tired of paying my good and hard earned money for this crap.. I by no means am a low cap, but know how to conduct myself...I'm just sick of the courses just wanting the cash. I would love to see them toss a few off the course once an a while. That might sharpen a bunch up once word spread that people were being removed for having no clue as to what they are doing.....
    I love the playing the game just not the junk that comes with it. Spring and Fall are the best times to play.. less Bozo's

I blame Tiger for these jerks.......I love Tiger but becasue of him and what he has done....more and more people are taking up the game and have no clue what they are doing or what they should be doing.

There should be a course that people have to pass before they can get on a "REAL" course.....2 hours of class room work and 4 hours with a Pro....and 2 hours with someone to teach them manners...

Ok, my Rant is done for the day...Fore...

Dave

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Silly, I'm with you on this one....I could care less about going out and playing. I am just tired of the slooooowwww play. The people that don't fix the green after they just finished a square dance if you know what I mean. Looking for a ball for what seems like a hour. Yelling back and forth, talking on cell phones. There is just less and less respect for the course and fellow players. I'm tired of paying my good and hard earned money for this crap.. I by no means am a low cap, but know how to conduct myself...I'm just sick of the courses just wanting the cash. I would love to see them toss a few off the course once an a while. That might sharpen a bunch up once word spread that people were being removed for having no clue as to what they are doing.....
    I love the playing the game just not the junk that comes with it. Spring and Fall are the best times to play.. less Bozo's

I blame Tiger for these jerks.......I love Tiger but becasue of him and what he has done....more and more people are taking up the game and have no clue what they are doing or what they should be doing.

There should be a course that people have to pass before they can get on a "REAL" course.....2 hours of class room work and 4 hours with a Pro....and 2 hours with someone to teach them manners...

Ok, my Rant is done for the day...Fore...

Dave
    honestly i dont see how anyone can golf during peak hours. i always tee off before 8am to avoid the groups who are not there to golf, but to socialize.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar

I get in those funks once in awhile... but they come and go... take a break from it..
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I don't play enough to get sick of it. I am going out on Thurs and can't wait. I'd like to try to play enough to get sick of it. So far it hasn't happened in 30+ years.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    yes

Sand Wedge little ry is on a distinguished road
    I only get sick of the game when I pull out my wedges and toe them. You know? 290 yard drive, 160 out of the 8, then BAM, the lob wedge comes out cuz you're 3 feet off the green and after the shot you're 6 yards from it. Other than that, bring on the rain, bring on the locusts, I'm good to go.

Thread Information