100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar

Any thoughts......

I'm currently a member at Stonebridge, however, for several reasons I'm not sure if I'm going to renew there for next year. I thought that I would throw out the question, "any suggestions on where I should join next year?" and see what you might have to say on the matter.
    A few points:

I live in Barrhaven, and love the convenience of driving two minutes to the course, but am willing to add a little to that drive next season.

Basically, my price range is anything in the Stonebridge range (not interested in paying an initiation fee anywhere)

I'm a bit picky and enjoy a challenge as well as a well maintained course where I won't be competing with hundreds of tournaments to get my money's worth as a member.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    try equinelle down near kemptville. probably about 20-25 min from where you are. similar to SB but without the fescue and crazy greens. only 9 open now but the other 9 will be open late sept. now sure what they will have for memberships but give them a call.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Greensmere has membership drive this weekend. They have an initiation fee that can be paid in 3 years (2250.00 no interest) and the dues are 1800 (no food/bar). I am not sure if you get equity on it.

Other than the bugs (mosquitos, back flyies, etc) I could not find negative comments on the course so I am seriously consider buying a membership for next year.

I will probably a ttend the session as it's 27 hole facility and I think they are adding another 9 or something.
    Last edited by 314314; 08-18-2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: .

6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road
    Emerald Links should be less than 15 minutes away. Great course.

Bogie tmacgolf is on a distinguished road tmacgolf's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses. I hadn't considered Equinelle. Greensmere is a bit too far, as I like to get our early and still be home in time to spend the bulk of the day with my daughter (gotta keep the wife happy if you want to play lots!). I think right now I'm leaning toward Emerald Links. I have played it quite a few times and enjoy it. Anyone who is a member there have any feedback on your experience? Is it easy to get on pretty much whenever you want?
    What about Manderley? I've never played it so I know nothing about it.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I think any courses near you that are in the stonebridge category are going to come with an initiation fee.
    I'd be a member at rideauview if I lived in Barrhaven.
    Andrew

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I would suggest either Carleton Golf and Yacht or Rideau View. I would not consider Emerald Links. The course is not in great condition. I played there this weekend past and was very disappointed. You are welcome to PM me regarding either of the private courses in Manotick. My commute now exceeds 25 minutes and I drive right past Emerald Links without hesitation. You get what you pay for!

Anyway, food for thought.

John

5 Iron Tbone is on a distinguished road Tbone's Avatar
    Marshes is not to far from the Haven.The membership is around 3-4 grand depending on the package you choose.Carts included.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I'd be a member at rideauview if I lived in Barrhaven.
    Depending on your age, Rideau View isn't all that expensive. I've got some info in an email from their GM regarding their 2010 membership categories. If you're interested, send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward it over to you.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Thread Information