CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

Does my hole in one count?

I had a hole in one, had to leave after 11 holes due to bleeding from mosquito bites. Does my hole in one count??? IF NOT, am I allowed to go back to the course now and finish my round? I would love to finish that round as I was 3 under after 11.

Like Mpare said, i've never read a rule about a hole in one before and only heard once that if the course is less than 6000 yards the ace doesn't count. Not sure if thats true either
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    did the ball go in in one stroke? If so, hole in one. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise should remove their head from their ass and congratulate you.

yes, hacker should lol
    willy

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    I had a hole in one, had to leave after 11 holes due to bleeding from mosquito bites. Does my hole in one count??? IF NOT, am I allowed to go back to the course now and finish my round? I would love to finish that round as I was 3 under after 11.
    Count for what?

If your score on the hole is 1, then it counts as a hole-in-one. Since you completed 11 holes, then you should enter a 9-hole score for handicap purposes. I don't believe you can "finish" your round to make it 18 holes as play was not suspended - you simply chose to walk off the course. The only grey area might be if your hole-in-one was on the 10th or 11th hole...

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Like Mpare said, i've never read a rule about a hole in one before and only heard once that if the course is less than 6000 yards the ace doesn't count. Not sure if thats true either
    A course under 3,000 yards for 18 holes is not acceptable for handicap purposes - i.e., par-3 courses. Whether or not a hole-in-one "counts" on one these holes or not is a matter of personal opinion.

so i will handicap it as holes.. but it will never count as I dont play nine holes usually. Won't ever get the other half to complete it. I am playing today, maybe i'll declare the front nine a practice and then play 9 holes on the back for handicap so I can get my 9 holes at irish hills to count. anything wrong with that?
    willy

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Of course your hole in one counts.

As for entering the score, you were -3 through 11 holes on par 70 Irish Hills. I think you either enter a 9 hole score, or a total score based on your remaining strokes (I think I read you said you were an 18): makes it fairly easy: +7 for the last 7 for a sweet 74. I might be off by one I don't know the rating of Irish Hills.

Either way, with that score under your belt, you'll be giving Adam781 strokes next time!
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Of course your hole in one counts.

As for entering the score, you were -3 through 11 holes on par 70 Irish Hills. I think you either enter a 9 hole score, or a total score based on your remaining strokes (I think I read you said you were an 18): makes it fairly easy: +7 for the last 7 for a sweet 74. I might be off by one I don't know the rating of Irish Hills.

Either way, with that score under your belt, you'll be giving Adam781 strokes next time!

haha, I think I need 13 holes before I can adjust the remaining holes for cap. Anyway, one good thing i guess was the cap doesn't go down and I get more strokes from adam today LOL
    willy

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Enter the 9 as a nine hole round. you need at least 13 to enter an 18 hole handicap.
    Go play the back nine. Enter it as a 9 hole round. They will then be combined. It does not really matter if you play 18 before the back nine.

Whomever told Hacker's dad it didn't count unless he played 13 was confused. That's the minimum number of holes for entering an 18 hole handicap. Nothing to do with a valid hole in one.

It counts. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 08-17-2009 at 03:52 PM.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Ace.

Regardless of what handicapping system you play under.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Enter the 9 as a nine hole round. you need at least 13 to enter an 18 hole handicap.
    Go play the back nine. Enter it as a 9 hole round. They will then be combined. It does not really matter if you play 18 before the back nine.

Whomever told Hacker's dad it didn't count unless he played 13 was confused. That's the minimum number of holes for entering an 18 hole handicap. Nothing to do with a valid hole in one.

It counts. Enjoy.
    I'll make sure that I pass this on to the head rules official at Anderson's Creek Golf Course on PEI

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    It's NOT a rule...

Validity of Hole in One
    Q. What constitutes the validity of a hole in one?

A. The Rules of Golf do not address the issue of the validity of a hole-in-one. It is up to the Committee to determine whether a hole-in-one is valid. The USGA recommends that a hole-in-one be considered valid:
    1. If made during a round of at least nine holes, except that a hole-in-one made during a match should be acceptable even if the match ends before the stipulated round is completed.
    2. If the player is playing one ball; a hole-in-one made in a practice round in which the player is playing two or more balls should not be acceptable.
    3. If attested by someone acceptable to the Committee.
    4. If made at a hole with a temporary tee and/or putting green in use, even if the Committee did not specifically define the teeing ground with tee-markers; the length of the hole at the time should be stated on any certificate.
    5. If made in a "scramble" competition, which is played as follows: A side comprises four players. Each member of a side plays from the teeing ground, the best drive is selected, each member plays a second shot from where the best drive is located, and so on.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    It's NOT a rule...
    "If attested by someone acceptable to the Committee."

Now I REALLY think that you have a problem Depe

If made during a round of at least nine holes, except that a hole-in-one made during a match should be acceptable even if the match ends before the stipulated round is completed.

it was a match play... and it was over after 10 holes we played 11... wooohoooo. suck it scott
    willy

Thread Information