100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

Best documentaries

I'm all about the docs right now. I just watch a movie called shark water. Give it a watch, its so sad.

I don't consider hollywood movies like braveheart to be documentaries

So, what are some of the best ones you've ever seen? Even a 20-30min tv show is fine. I watched one called the devils bible. Its about a bible made in the year 1100 and how one monk spent his whole life writting it and how its evil...

What else?
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    "Who Killed the Electric Car" is a very good one to watch especially with the stuff going on with GM these days. Almost makes me feel sorry for them

"Gunners Palace" is a good one where they follow a small number of American Troops in Iraq. Really shows how much those guys do over there, and how poor intelligence actually is.

And of course there's the Michael Moore documentaries like Sicko etc that are always good, although very opinionated.

I'm also very interested in documentaries, Shark Water, was very well put together. I couldn't get over the "long lines" that they used for fishing.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    If you're up for a laugh, watch any post-columbine Michael Moore.

The Fog of War is a fantastic one about the Vietnam war....should not be missed

If you're into nature docs, the Blue Planet series is great (basically any of the BBC nature docs kick ass)

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Here are a few you might be interested in watching. They are of varying strengths, but each is good in its own way. Here goes:

Baseball -- PBS production by Ken Burns
    The Civil War -- PBS production by Ken Burns
    When We Were Kings -- about Ali
    Paper Clips -- a southern school's thoughtful attempt to address the holocaust
    Hoop Dreams -- the movie chronicles the lives of two inner-city Chicago basketball players
    Buena Vista Social Club -- Great Cuba musicians
    The Fog of War -- the depressing reality of the USA's "candour" about its Vietnam "strategy"
    Anne Frank Remembered -- I tear up thinking about what this vibrant girl's needless death

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    It's programs like those that made me sign up for HISTORY CHANNEL etc---now if we could only dump the junk that comes with it !
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    PVR will solve your problem. The flotsam and jetsam in the sea of advertising will never be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    It's programs like those that made me sign up for HISTORY CHANNEL etc---now if we could only dump the junk that comes with it !

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    history channel has a new show called "that's impossible" They have two eps so far. One is about invisibility cloaks and the other is about.. i can't remember
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

1 Iron dmr is on a distinguished road dmr's Avatar
    The Corporation
    Why we Fight
    Grizzly Man came highly recommended but I was disappointed. Probably was expecting too much. It certainly was a beautiful film to look at though.

Thread Information