100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which shaft?

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar

Which shaft?

Hi there,

I am looking to see if anyone or any club builder has a preference between the Grafalloy PROLITE 35 Wood Shafts and the Penley Tour Light Wood Shafts.

Both shafts pretty much come out to the same specs based on information from the Golfworks website. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these shafts, or if anyone has heard of any good or bad reviews on these shafts.

Thanks.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore
    Hi there,

I am looking to see if anyone or any club builder has a preference between the Grafalloy PROLITE 35 Wood Shafts and the Penley Tour Light Wood Shafts.

Both shafts pretty much come out to the same specs based on information from the Golfworks website. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these shafts, or if anyone has heard of any good or bad reviews on these shafts.

Thanks.
    I used to play the Prolite 35 and it's a decent shaft.

If you want a more detailed comparison of shaft characteristics you should check out the Dynacraft shaft info. They have a lot more detailed info and probably gives a better head to head comparison.

All that being said, feel is hard to judge and what's good for one person may not be good for another.

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    I used to play the Prolite 35 and it's a decent shaft.

If you want a more detailed comparison of shaft characteristics you should check out the Dynacraft shaft info. They have a lot more detailed info and probably gives a better head to head comparison.

All that being said, feel is hard to judge and what's good for one person may not be good for another.
    Thanks, I had forgot about that available information.

I went to the Dynacraft site and compared the shafts and it looks like the Grafalloy will play stiffer than the Penley shaft even though they are very similar in specifications, i.e. torque, bend point, and tip stiffness. I was going to mention flexes, but not every manufacturer has the same method for grading shaft stiffness, so that comparison is really only a starting point.

Does anyone know what clamp length Dynacraft uses when reporting on the CPM Frequency of the shafts? Maybe I can use this information to assist in shaft selection.

Thanks.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Thread Information