100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron ros_bif is on a distinguished road ros_bif's Avatar

Any Recommendations : Teachers

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if people could give me any advice on who to go to for lessons. Perhaps a name, and a brief explanation as to why...

Looking to take about 5 lessons this season

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ros_bif
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if people could give me any advice on who to go to for lessons. Perhaps a name, and a brief explanation as to why...

Looking to take about 5 lessons this season
    I've had very good success with Dave Powell at the Marshes. His teaching methods are based on fundamentals and he's not afraid to tell you something. For example, I went for my first lesson last year, we worked on some things, and I went away with some drills to work on. Instead of working on them, I did a bit, I played a bunch of golf over a two week period. I then went back for another lesson, where I was told that I hadn't practiced. I was shooting better, but Dave could tell I hadn't done my homework properly. He went over the drills again and told me not to come back until I had worked on them alot! I went away and did my homework, and the results were amazing, Dave even mentioned at the next lesson that I had done a lot of work. I broke 80 a couple of weeks later, and had dropped my handicap to a personal low of 12.5.

Dave also teaches at the OAC during the winter. Also, with the 3 lesson package, we broke it down into 1 - one hour starter and 4 - 30 minute "tune-ups".

I've been back once this year, and have to make my next lesson (I have to get some range time in first) But two 79s and another personal low handicap index of 11.5, up to 12.2 now but we did some swing changes that haven't settled in yet (note too much playing not enough range time)

Good luck with your search.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Gap Wedge zhangtony is on a distinguished road

The golf teacher in Innes Road (Golfland)

Abdellah is the guy. I just took 2 lessons and got two free lessons and improve
    my swing a lot. I couldn't hit 3 iron at all before see him. Now I hit it pretty
    good. (200 - 220 yards). My drive distance is longer than before for
    20 yards at least.

I am still working on my downswing. It will take me a few months for becoming
    the better ball striker.

Thread Information